Flag Burners (1 Viewer)

HSC
agentprovocater said:
Hotshot's posts are fine. Some bits I agree with, some I don't.

Some of you are just bloody ridiculous. Yes, it is fun to point at a few minority groups, to blame for all the problems isnt it? Get.Over.It.

There are problems in all different groups/sections of the community. I still don't buy any justification for the Cronulla riots. If they were a legit protest then the text message "Lets go bash lebs" etc would not have circulated.pfft. legit protest indeed. As for anyone in a gang, go get your head checked.

A lot of people have mentioned that ''omg if u live here, ur australian, otherwise f*** off etc"". What's wrong with acknowledging your heritage? If someone has Chinese parents why shouldn't they say "I'm Chinese Australian"? We should do what the Americans do. Like, they say "Oh, I'm American Italian, or American Lebanese etc", instead of Lebanese Australian etc....does that make some sense? That way, minorites are Australian first before anything else.
People of all nationalities practice a bit of racism. Inexcusable, yes, but we have to FIX the problems..look at the socail issues...not just isolate and denigrate muslims and lebs. I oppose violence of any kind(except to defend oneself or one's nation etc).
And why the hell are we going on about the mufti in the flag burning thread? wtf? What he said was obviously ill informed and innappropriate.(i think he was trying to scare muslim chicks into covering up more, but no matter). No, those views are not reflective of the muslim community mindset. That's another amongst your plethora of generalisations. Nobody appreciated his comments ok?

Also, muslims arent just lebanese, there are Indians, Chinese, etc who are muslim...time for you to change your comment about the lack of problems in these communities into "only non-muslim sections of the Indian/chinese communities, will we never see problems".

I know this was a bit off topic, but wtf everyone has gone off topic way too much lol.

Flag burning=u shud be able to if its ur own flag(i still wudnt)
Kid=apologise and moved on(and so shud we)
RSL=should let kid march(fat chance it'll happen)
Us=Australians(all colours, shapes and sizes)

I agree with diebrundie about the flag burning comment. The Constitution has implied freedom of speech and communication etc so the if we can't burn it to make a protest etc, thats crap(but like i said, i dont condone it)

Elendil, the leaders are definitely there to be our servants. We elected them to represent us etc so I agree. Can leaders also be servants though?
I agree with you about almost everything you just said.

I think leaders can be servants, (Jesus thought so too:), any Christians who wish to disagree )
especially politicians. They represent us. They are supposed to do what we want them to do.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
agentprovocater said:
the best i can come up with? wtf? well, in every post you tend to say "the muslims/lebanese...this..that.." not "some muslims/lebs"(or do u? have i missed it?)

i specifically accused u btw, not all whites etc...dude...whatever..

ive acknowledged the problems too, havent denied them

anyway, Tasleema wrote the biggest bullshit abt Islam. i dont like her but i dont think the fatwa was the right thing to do,

as 4 burning the Quran..no one does it...because the different religions in that country generally have respect for eachother. a muslim wont burn a bible, why should others burn a Quran? and why did u bring it in anyway, we're talking abt flag burning, a national symbol issue, nothing to do with religion :D
You can accuse me of anything if that makes you happy, I don't give a damn about what you think of me. My opinion towards islam and lebanese are based on what they did here in australia. They complain about racism, discrimination etc all of whom are created by them, brought by them upon themselves, continuously practised by them.

Taslima Nasreen was a muslim woman, speaking out against opression of women by men, she was fighting the mentality of Muslim men have such as Sheikh Halily's comparison of women to meat and that women can be raped by men whenever they want and wives are slaves of husband and such. Yes every criticism of Islam for you is bullshit becuse you can't face the truth and the reality. You prefer to hide your head in the sand and pretend it is a perfect religion that never change and no need to reform or review.

because the different religions in that country generally have respect for eachother
How about respect for a country, its people and its symbol? Is it less important because it is not religion? What you are preaching is selective freedom of speech! You told us how important freedom of speech and expression yet totally ignored it when it comes to criticism of Islam or anything that has to do with islam. I believe, freedom of speech and expression should be applied equaly.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
How about respect for a country, its people and its symbol? Is it less important because it is not religion? What you are preaching is selective freedom of speech! You told us how important freedom of speech and expression yet totally ignored it when it comes to criticism of Islam or anything that has to do with islam. I believe, freedom of speech and expression should be applied equaly.
your contradicting yourself.....your questioning whether religion should be more important than "country"...its up to the people remember....freedom of speech. would you give up practising Judaism for Israel? i dont think so.....because when it comes to religion vs. country, the vast majority of people would choose religion. of course freedom of speech should be applied equally, but when people come up with incoherent rubbish designed to misrepresent the truth and that makes no sense....then perhaps that person shouldnt be listened to.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
How did I contradict myself? when did I favoured religion over a country or a country over religion? I did not suggest you give up religion, I am suggesting that if you plead freedom of speech in attacking a country, its values and symbols, the same principles should apply to religion. Freedom of speech exactly, freedom to burn Quran!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I think you ought to keep that to yourself because frankly, religious people tend to look down on us atheists far more than we look down on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)