Oh no Stef's not consistent on her first days of NCAP modship! :p

They'll be looked over now.

Better yet report them next time :)

Last edited:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
bshoc said:
It is a real argument, do you value the nazi or confederate flags as equals to the Australian flag?
To quote SP - If you dont want to root for your team, get the hell out of the stadium.
You know I don't, and that's irrelevant.
Your argument was people died for it and therefore burning it should be punished.
That isn't logical because people can die for anything, that does not elevate it's status or say anything about what it represents being of value.

regul8

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
I am not australian and I do not consider australia racist at all, if it was that bad millions of tourists will not visit australia. They all knew it was a riot CAUSED by muslims and lebanese thugs and the world knows how these people created riot in Sydney, London, paris, stockholm, copenhagen or anywhere. Do not assume that they dont know the root cause of the riot.
its verry far-fetched 2 say that muslims were the cause of ther riots. by that you are accusing the entire muslim community of the bashings that occured the week before the riots. yes it was thugs that were involved but certainly they didnt bash the life guards simply because he was Australian. there are many stories at to what actually happend, i wont go into that because we can never be sure. but basically these thugs got the attention they wanted out of this. soon enough this finger pointing game took over.

Aryanbeauty said:
You are ashamed of your arab roots and claimed jews to bash other poeple so as to gain legimtimacy for your cause.
id jst like to say that there one should be verry much proud of his roots. wether it be arab, jewish, english, german, indian..... arab roots are not shameful, arabs played a major role in the advancements in the world in science, medicine, architecture..... jews also have much 2 be proud of especially in the recent advancements in the world.... as for gaining legimtimacy for their cause, the list is never ending on bot sides.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Flag burning is an issue whether the person who did it is white or not. In 2002 Elzabeth O Shea burned Australian and US flag and it was an issue, covered widely in the press. She was not charged because she did not STOLE the flag from someone. -oh really she wasnt charged because the flag was hers? seems sus to me.
In 2006 Hadi Khawaja was sentenced to prison by Sutherland Local Court following the 'Cronulla Riots' of December 2005. He had pleaded guilty to malicious damage after stealing an Australian flag, subsequently set alight by an associate, at the Brighton-le-Sands RSL Club. Khawaja was later charged with kidnapping two men five days after the burning http://www.caslon.com.au/flagfiresnote1.htm

I am not australian and I do not consider australia racist at all, if it was that bad millions of tourists will not visit australia. They all knew it was a riot CAUSED by muslims and lebanese thugs and the world knows how these people created riot in Sydney, London, paris, stockholm, copenhagen or anywhere. Do not assume that they dont know the root cause of the riot.

Are you a Palestinian? Did the flag make you shudder in fear whenever you see my signature? :D
Melbourne University arts/law student Elizabeth O'Shea set fire to the Australian and US flags during an anti-war protest in 2002, attracting media coverage but no police action.
Following a flag burning in Perth in 2003 a charge of "disorderly conduct by creating a disturbance in St Georges Terrace, Perth, contrary to section 54 of the Police Act" was laid against a participant. That charge was subsequently withdrawn on advice from the WA Solicitor-General that burning the flag was simply an act of free speech and therefore protected under the Constitution.
So there is no issue with burning a flag - only an issue of property. no problem there but why this is teenager under so much attention for burning flag? yeah course he stole it he is a robber - but there are so many robberies. it cos he isnt white isnt it?

I didnt know there was a relationship between racism and tourism? gee pass us the formulae aryanbeauty?.

also most of the tourists to australia come from pommyland and americas - they are white?.

australia is a small country- anything big does stand out in the rest of the world. they do know the roots of the problem (which is lets just say questionable according to ur theory) but they dont care about the roots - the fact is the problem occurred and the country didnt handle it well.

this doesnt mean tourists are going to stop coming to australia - australia is a huge place with lot places to see and is very muliticutural. but it doesnt australia is depicted by the rest of the world as rascists. u just need to ask the srilankans, south africans etc.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
HotShot said:
So there is no issue with burning a flag - only an issue of property. no problem there but why this is teenager under so much attention for burning flag? yeah course he stole it he is a robber - but there are so many robberies. it cos he isnt white isnt it?

I didnt know there was a relationship between racism and tourism? gee pass us the formulae aryanbeauty?.

also most of the tourists to australia come from pommyland and americas - they are white?.

australia is a small country- anything big does stand out in the rest of the world. they do know the roots of the problem (which is lets just say questionable according to ur theory) but they dont care about the roots - the fact is the problem occurred and the country didnt handle it well.

this doesnt mean tourists are going to stop coming to australia - australia is a huge place with lot places to see and is very muliticutural. but it doesnt australia is depicted by the rest of the world as rascists. u just need to ask the srilankans, south africans etc.
This lebanese kid burned the flag to show his despise for Australia at a time when racist attacks was going on, which added to the publicity. When Elizabeth burned the flag it was an issue, creating debate about whether flag burning should be banned or not. Similarly, this is the case here. If he don't want all these attention then he should not burn the flag in the first place.Yes there are many robberies but none of them stole a flag and burn it.

Yes racism and tourism correlate a lot, many people from asia refrained from visiting russia because of skinhead attacks on Asian , african and latin american people. People do not go for holiday to a place where they feel threatened. If Australia is so racist as you wanted to portray surely millions of chinese, Japanese and Indians will not visit australia, contrary to that, vistors from asian countries are increasing.

Last edited by a moderator:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
This lebanese kid burned the flag to show his despise for Australia at a time when racist attacks was going on, which added to the publicity. When Elizabeth burned the flag it was an issue, creating debate about whether flag burning should be banned or not. Similarly, this is the case here. If he don't want all these attention then he should not burn the flag in the first place.Yes there are many robberies but none of them stole a flag and burn it.
Firstly how do you his reason for burning the flag, what is wrong with reason that u stated for burning a flag - freedom of speech after all. I dont think he wanted any attnetion at all - he was just stupid.

Yes racism and tourism correlate a lot, many people from asia refrained from visiting russia because of skinhead attacks on Asian , african and latin american people. People do not go for holiday to a place where they feel threatened. If Australia is so racist as you wanted to portray surely millions of chinese, Japanese and Indians will not visit australia, contrary to that, vistors from asian countries are increasing. If numbers of visitors from Muslims countries are declining, GOOD NEWS, less terrorist threat ;)
As i said most of the tourists to Australia are british. there is not significant relationship between racism and tourism because the fact is - all countries have elements of racism. Terrorism or security concerns will have a direct link to tourism like for eg. Bali but not racism. According to u south africa is very racist country more rascist than australia so why do people visit there?

also i dont understand why u must mention muslims in every post? i am not a muslim and i dont care about them. so unless there is some relevance i dont think its necessary to add more than u need to do and allieviate from the discussion.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
HotShot said:
Firstly how do you his reason for burning the flag, what is wrong with reason that u stated for burning a flag - freedom of speech after all. I dont think he wanted any attnetion at all - he was just stupid.

As i said most of the tourists to Australia are british. there is not significant relationship between racism and tourism because the fact is - all countries have elements of racism. Terrorism or security concerns will have a direct link to tourism like for eg. Bali but not racism. According to u south africa is very racist country more rascist than australia so why do people visit there?

also i dont understand why u must mention muslims in every post? i am not a muslim and i dont care about them. so unless there is some relevance i dont think its necessary to add more than u need to do and allieviate from the discussion.
Most of the tourists to australia are not British, although they are the largest visitors by country the comprise less than a quarter. That is just to be true that most tourists are not British. There are more South East Asian visitors to Europe than from Britain. http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/oad/visitors/visitors.htm Many countries boycotted South Africa under apartheid, banned visits to south africa and banned SA from participating in events such as olympics, Cricket, beauty pageants and UN. If you accept all countries have elements of Racism then so does australia, big deal. Australia's reputation is neither tarnished nor damaged by last year's riot caused by lebanese thugs. The world knows the reason, and the world hates criminals.

Whenever a flag is burned, it made an issue not only this person but also Elzabeth O Shea. If he dont want the attention he should not have done it. He probably loved the attention after all, cheap publicity he will never get in his entire life without committing a crime or something illegal.

also i dont understand why u must mention muslims in every post? i am not a muslim and i dont care about them. so unless there is some relevance i dont think its necessary to add more than u need to do and allieviate from the discussion
YOU are the one who make it an issue out of it, You said he was targeted because of his religion and lebanse background. If you don't want me to comment on that then stop pulling out " He is muslim, he is treated unfair, he is targeted" card.

lexie85

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
This lebanese kid burned the flag to show his despise for Australia at a time when racist attacks was going on, which added to the publicity.
oh ? so u know him or something ?

Aryanbeauty

HSC

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
search by yourself, it is not my duty to enlighten those who choose to be ignorant.
Please cut the partonising tone and just post appropriately.

Where in this article (in which you referred to)...

Remember the 17-year-old Lebanese Australian youth who - at the height of the Cronulla riots last December - decided his cause was best expressed by tearing down and burning an Australian flag flying at the Brighton-le-Sands RSL Club?

As part of his punishment, he was ordered by magistrate Joan Baptie to make a personal apology to the club's members for his appalling lack of respect for, and denegration of our national banner.
The boy - who was in fact born in Australia - has made an apology. He appeared before NSW RSL Branch State President Don Rowe, some Brighton-le-Sands RSL officials and senior police officers at a private meeting last week, where he apparently expressed his deep remorse - even though he didn't exactly know what the letters R.S.L. signified.

Now, President Rowe has an idea to reinforce the message in the youngster's awakening consciousness. He wants the boy to carry the Australian flag at an ANZAC Day parade.

Unsurprisingly, there is something of a groundswell of contrary opinion among old diggers, many of whom take the view that this is a very bad idea.

They make the strong point that carrying the flag on Anzac Day is traditionally regarded as a great honour, a privilege to be bestowed only on the most deserving. To their rational way of thinking, this flag burner falls well short of having merited such a privilege.

But Vietnam veteran Bill Myers, 60, who served on HMAS Vampire during that protracted conflict, takes a different - perhaps even a more enlightened - view. He thinks this might be a way for the boy to learn something very important. Such as the value of respect and decency.

This much is certain - both Mr Rowe and Mr Myers are showing this young fellow a perfect example of returning good for evil, an example of tolerance and encouragement which does them both great credit.
...specifies his cause, as his despise for Australia at the time?

Its cause is "unspecified", you expressed that you do not know him, why are you so certain?
Enlighten rather than patronise. It is your responsibility in this forum to back up your statements.

Last edited:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
One youth of Middle Eastern appearance removed the Australian flag from above Brighton Le Sands RSL and set it on fire before handing it over to a mob who spat and urinated on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronulla_riots#_note-abc6

It is the method how middle eastern people show their despise by burning,spitting , urinating on it. Even though I did not know what is on his mind, if you choose to be politically correct its fine. I stand by my statement.

*hopeful*

HSC
typical aryanbeauty :rolleyes: u still havent showed us where he says he despises australia ? who gives a fuck about his apperance, his australian right ?

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronulla_riots#_note-abc6
It is the method how middle eastern people show their despise by burning,spitting , urinating on it. Even though I did not know what is on his mind, if you choose to be politically correct its fine. I stand by my statement.
I mean come on, Aryanbeauty has a point here. Middle eastern people commonly show their despise by burning, spitting and urinating on it. Hey our despise! Come over here, we want to show you something.

Not all middle eastern people share common characteristics. But if you choose to be incorrect, it's fine.

And one more thing. Israel is in the Middle East.

lexie85

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
search by yourself, it is not my duty to enlighten those who choose to be ignorant.
practice what u preach

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Most of the tourists to australia are not British, although they are the largest visitors by country the comprise less than a quarter. That is just to be true that most tourists are not British. There are more South East Asian visitors to Europe than from Britain.
Man - do i have super precise with you - i meant by country. Most visitors are british by country. I didnt mention region or anything in my post. I just most of the visitors are from Britain and they are. Its stupid to say to compare what i said with a region cause obviously it will be higher. But compare Europe to South east both are regions and are comparable - Europe is the largest region of which most of the tourists come from in one time period - 64,285 of which UK is included and consists of 29,087 which is nearly a 1/3 of the whole europe's tourists. So obviously most of the tourists come from there by country and region they come from Europe. Even if you add south east asia and north east asia its still less than europe - this is of course according to the source which u gave.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/oad/visitors/visitors.htm
Many countries boycotted South Africa under apartheid, banned visits to south africa and banned SA from participating in events such as olympics, Cricket, beauty pageants and UN. If you accept all countries have elements of Racism then so does australia, big deal. Australia's reputation is neither tarnished nor damaged by last year's riot caused by lebanese thugs. The world knows the reason, and the world hates criminals.
The reason most of the sporting teams didnt go to SA is simply cos of one - because its considered a third world country and security reasons. There were bomb blasts in london during the ashes the aussie still played - if it was in sri lanka india or any other country they would have left immediately - nothing to do with racism but security.

I do accept that all countries have elements racism and yes big deal that australa is also has racism invovled. But i am saying people outside consider Australia to be more rascist that it actually is, the riots did affect australia's reputation just did the Wheat bribe affair, warney drugs scandal etc. Everything that the media reports affects image and thus reputation in the both positive and negative manner.

The world doesnt care what cause was - the only thing matters is what happened. its like when u go to restuarant and there is fly in your soup - u dont say how did that fly get there - U either demand for another soup OR u leave.

Criminal can subjective - in your eyes someone might be a criminal in another he might be saviour - let the judge decide who criminal and not. So the world wouldnt know who the criminals were until the events have concluded. By that time the world wouldnt give a shit anymore as somethin more eventful would have happened elsewhere.
YOU are the one who make it an issue out of it, You said he was targeted because of his religion and lebanse background. If you don't want me to comment on that then stop pulling out " He is muslim, he is treated unfair, he is targeted" card.
I didnt say he was a muslim. I am just having an issue with people having issue with this -lol.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
agentprovocater said:
Once more you generalise about a group of people. Thugs will do stupid things(ie. spitting and urinating on a flag) BUT you are again making sweeping statements about a racial group like you did on the other thread about a religious group. I don't want to get into that again. Middle Eastern people show despise by burning and spitting? That's like saying Italians blow up anyone that pisses them off(I can safely say they don't). You've been watching too many media reports and obviously not going out much, because half the allegations you make are bull, at times.

Ur_inner_child was right. Less patronising and more informing. I seriously think people should get over the flag burning. I'll repeat, that I wouldn't recommend this course of action to take out his anger, but you guys have to look to the social circumstances at the time. We can possibly hypothesise at times as well. He may have felt his cultural group was under attack? He might have been very angry because someone close to him might have been affected? His friends might have coerced or abated him to do it? Who Knows?

As a sidenote, I think we should also analyse our current flag(as well as the stories behind it) and think over whether or not it still holds relevance...and whether we should get rid of it or not..
yes Middle eastern people shows their despise by burning and spitting and urinating on it, yes it is a generalisation which is true. He was burning a flag with other race rioters, he was not burning the flag to show his love. No matter how hard you tried to twist it his intentions are clear. If he was coerced he would have said so at his trial.

Yes she is absolutely right, you should not pull out "Palestinians are victims hence as a muslim I am a victim " in all thread. That is the reason why all thread turned into Israel v Palestinian thread.

Hotshot said:
The reason most of the sporting teams didnt go to SA is simply cos of one - because its considered a third world country and security reasons.
South Africa is the most advanced country in African continent, and No sporting teams did not go to SA because it is 3rd world, but because of Apartheid in South Africa. Commonwealth Games, International Circket Committee and the Olympic. Most international sporting bodies banned South Africa from participating in any events.

I do accept that all countries have elements racism and yes big deal that australa is also has racism invovled. But i am saying people outside consider Australia to be more rascist that it actually is, the riots did affect australia's reputation just did the Wheat bribe affair, warney drugs scandal etc. Everything that the media reports affects image and thus reputation in the both positive and negative manner.
people do not think australia as a racist country, even if it is so. If the whites are to blame for the riot so are the lebanese thugs. The same kind of racism or discriminations are happening in most western countries because of inherent association of islam and terrorism, middle eastern people with crime. That is your duty to clean up if you are one of them.

Hopeful said:
typical aryanbeauty :rolleyes: u still havent showed us where he says he despises australia ? who gives a fuck about his apperance, his australian right ?
Action speaks louder than words.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
South Africa is the most advanced country in African continent, and No sporting teams did not go to SA because it is 3rd world, but because of Apartheid in South Africa. Commonwealth Games, International Circket Committee and the Olympic. Most international sporting bodies banned South Africa from participating in any events.
Its hosting the world cup? its participated in nearly all of the cricket world cups. apartheid was an issue, they had rebel teams playing instead. It was more political problem than racism.
Also being most advanced country in the african continent has little meaning, considering u have countries like zimbabwe, ethipia, sudan in the same continent. Once again u missed the whole point.
people do not think australia as a racist country, even if it is so. If the whites are to blame for the riot so are the lebanese thugs. The same kind of racism or discriminations are happening in most western countries because of inherent association of islam and terrorism, middle eastern people with crime. That is your duty to clean up if you are one of them.
I didnt say anyone was to blame or i didnt imply blame to anyone. And i did accept that other countries have racism as well - i would say all countries have racism as an issue. Again u missed the point. I said such an event only worsened the image of Australia.

First clean up the mess in Israel and america before talking about othere ppl mess.

Action speaks louder than words. But I realized it is difficult for you to comprehend people and their motive given your background.
what is my background?
they way you have been posting in these forums you will do anything to say that Israel and America are good even if they murdered millions of people for name 'freedom' and 'democracy' - seems u have been brainwashed by jewish - american propaganda.

In every post - u must attack arab muslims, and u must also praise jews and americans. Where as in my posts - go look through all my posts just click on my name and click on HotShot's post u will see that i have basically critcised just about everything in these forums including muslims, hindus, athiests, arabs, jews, indians, aussies, etc it goes on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)