Flexibility (1 Viewer)

NinjaSauce

HSC
WE ARE GOING OFF TOPIC. I AM SORRY MR. ORIGINAL POSTER.
I WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS OFF TOPIC ANY MORE. If someone replies to it, i will not respond to it, unless it is a new forum topic.

I said i would die. Give a 60kg midget with a sword, verse Myself, 40+ kg his larger unarmed, and i would be dead/severely wounded pretty damn quickly. But is NOT what i was talking about when i mentioned that i am 20-30kg heavier now after quitting TKD, and i feel all the stronger, or capable to fight, now than before. I have half the flexibility i used to have, and half the stamina, but double the strength.

A Guy is arguing 'technique > Strength' by using Kendo as an example. Kendo is a sword-fighting art. Weapons change everything, and you would have to be thick to not understand this. You could be 140kg, ripped to the bone, able to lift trucks over your head, but flesh wont stop a bullet, or heaven forbid, a knife. Weapons will mess you up. Any H2H Martial artist who believes they can fight a determined knife-weilding foe is in for a massive surprise when they reach the Emergency room, if they even make it that far.

done. Kaput.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
NinjaSauce said:
I WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS OFF TOPIC ANY MORE. If someone replies to it, i will not respond to it, unless it is a new forum topic.

I said i would die. Give a 60kg midget with a sword, verse Myself, 40+ kg his larger unarmed, and i would be dead/severely wounded pretty damn quickly. But is NOT what i was talking about when i mentioned that i am 20-30kg heavier now after quitting TKD, and i feel all the stronger, or capable to fight, now than before. I have half the flexibility i used to have, and half the stamina, but double the strength.

A Guy is arguing 'technique > Strength' by using Kendo as an example. Kendo is a sword-fighting art. Weapons change everything, and you would have to be thick to not understand this. You could be 140kg, ripped to the bone, able to lift trucks over your head, but flesh wont stop a bullet, or heaven forbid, a knife. Weapons will mess you up. Any H2H Martial artist who believes they can fight a determined knife-weilding foe is in for a massive surprise when they reach the Emergency room, if they even make it that far.

done. Kaput.
not really off topic. but 'meh.

Kendo is a sword art, but i think that you're deluded about how we kendoka train. Our mindset in and out of the dojo are different. We don't believe that having done kendo, we would be able to defend ourselves on the streets where multiple people are up against us. That's not the point of kendo. Kendo is a martial art which revolves around constant learning, humility and discipline.

The reason why I said that technique is more important than strength, is that even if you are fully ripped to the bone, without proper technique to execute that strength, you're muscles are useless (not at all useless though. wouldn't hurt when you get hit. x]). But do you see my point? The strongest martial artists aren't those who rely heavily on strength. Execution and proper technique, and also timing is more important than strength.

Not to mention being ripped to the bone would, in fact, slow you down compared to those who are averagely built.

And I wasn't talkin about a Kendoka vs a Martial Artist.
I was talking about Kendoka vs Kendoka. Of course it's going to be slack if someone's armed with a weapn and another person isn't.

Nat3skiz

HSC
NinjaSauce said:

done. Kaput.
not really. I was only questioning your post. You missed a word that was vital to your arguement.
shinji said:
Not to mention being ripped to the bone would, in fact, slow you down compared to those who are averagely built.
not necessarily. Bruce lee was ripped to the bone. He was incredibly fast. Ripped usually means low-body fat, making the muscle look more defined.

Anyway. Is a pre-workout stretch necessary, or can it all be done in the cooldown? I've been chewing over this for weeks.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
not necessarily. Bruce lee was ripped to the bone. He was incredibly fast. Ripped usually means low-body fat, making the muscle look more defined.

Anyway. Is a pre-workout stretch necessary, or can it all be done in the cooldown? I've been chewing over this for weeks.
Stretching prior to training is generally a bad thing. Joint Mobility is not. Do it.

Quick note: Bruce Lee was scared of Muhammad Ali. He said, vastly more eloquently, when asked if he would fight him; "Are you f***ing kidding? He's huge, he would crush a little dude like me!", :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)