Flood levy (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
For or against. Why.

or might as well just say how would an anarcho-capitalist society deal with this problem, since that is what the thread will turn into :spin:

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
I think it is very annoying that we get taxed because the government cant stop wasting money

But someone has to pay and if the government can't they have to acquire revenue somehow to pay.

I don't think its fair on us but someone has to pay.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
oh yes or a state that doesn't put any measures in to stop floods. Ancient civilisations wouldnt stand for this and they'd build ditches, dams and irragation channels to funnel the water elsewhere.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
"lol we don't has enough monies so what do we do?"
"let's rob someone lollol"
"wow you're a genius how come I've never thought of that"

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
What is the levy cash going to be spent on, state owned infrastructure or assistance for individuals?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
A stateless society would deal with this by way of telling a bunch of retarded bogans to get fucked for being stupid enough to build their houses in a flood prone area.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
A stateless society would deal with this by way of telling a bunch of retarded bogans to get fucked for being stupid enough to build their houses in a flood prone area.
I heard on the ABC that a decade or so back there was a massive government offer to buy back the relevant areas, and only about 10% took it up

Lentern

HSC
Mostly national party seats innit? Let their precious market rebuild their towns.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i like sylvester he's cool

dunno what the br stands for tho brah he might be cold
sylvesterbr was my school username (surname + first 2 letters of first name) and I retarded decided to use that when I signed up for some reason

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Mostly national party seats innit? Let their precious market rebuild their towns.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah oh the Nationals don't support the market

though I agree with your comment 100x

boris

Banned
HSC
brahs

this is entirely QLD state Govts fault. Their shit planning laws have allowed extensive development on fucking flood plains, where there is a precedent for large floods (1974). They were provided with extensive engineering advice that told them they were holding the levels in wivenhoe dam too high to prevent a flood in the event of a large (and predicted) rainfall event in SE QLD and they ignored the advice.

Obviously the flash flooding in and around Toowoomba is far less easily prevented, fuck we have recently had damaged houses from flash flooding where i live, and we only got 50mm not 200 etc. Still, correct property and vehicle insurance would cover that incident, with the small amount of damaged infrastructure to be paid for by QLD state govt.

The majority of the development in Brisbane, the areas that were extensively flooded, should never have been built.

Repairing state infrastructure (personal development in that area shouldnt have been allowed to onus falls back to QLD govt AGAIN) that shouldnt be there in the first place, with Federal Funds and Levys, is paramount to a bailout for retardation.

boris

Banned
HSC
nb im not even paying the levy lol this just makes me super angry.
100% the fault of state planning laws and local govt enforcing those laws, allowing development in flood prone areas.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
We had more money in the future fund than the levy is going to raise

If Rudd and Gillard had not been economic vandals and squandered everything the Howard gov raised, we would have had this shit covered

Lentern

HSC
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah oh the Nationals don't support the market

though I agree with your comment 100x
Yeah I know, more like agrarian autarks but they claim to believe in the market, when it suits them.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
We had more money in the future fund than the levy is going to raise

If Rudd and Gillard had not been economic vandals and squandered everything the Howard gov raised, we would have had this shit covered
meanwhile we have "loaned" 200 million dollars to indonesia (>implying they'll pay it back) so they can buy arms off russia

the government is a disgrace

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
giving money to those countries is like putting a miniature black hole at the end of the conveyor belt at the national mint

what's the fucking point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)