Flyer's etc. (2 Viewers)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Tennille said:
But it's such an effort to say "no thanks". :(
Then dont and keep walking? :confused:

Im sure were all subject to far more perverse marketing strategies than flyer hand-outs.

tennille

HSC
absolution* said:
Then dont and keep walking? :confused:

Im sure were all subject to far more perverse marketing strategies than flyer hand-outs.
Yeah I know. I feel mean just walking straight past people.

Well now...that's gonna change. :p

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Tennille said:
Yeah I know. I feel mean just walking straight past people.

Well now...that's gonna change. :p
At least you dont spit on them which is my preferred method of avoidance.

froglenn

HSC
N/A
the flyers' jobs are pretty tough as well imho, they stand in the same spot for god know's how long and have people ignoring them all the time. i think they deserve some sympathy (even if you ignore them :p)

*shields himself from a whole assortment of flame posts directed his way*

tennille

HSC
froglenn said:
the flyers' jobs are pretty tough as well imho, they stand in the same spot for god know's how long and have people ignoring them all the time. i think they deserve some sympathy (even if you ignore them :p)

*shields himself from a whole assortment of flame posts directed his way*
I actually agree with you there. I can imagine it being tough for them.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its best to just avoid eye contact. Well, i find that easiest anyway.

kow_dude

HSC
Sarah168 said:
Haha... that's mean. The least i'll do is say "no thanks"

tennille

HSC
Sarah168 said:
That's true- they won't bug you that way. If they're on your right, make it really obvious and look towards the left as you are walking :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Nobody bothers to press the point if you are kind of ugly and walk with a cold/distant expression painted across your face. A firm yet polite 'no, thanks' never hurts, too.

Edit: Well, that's my take on the issue, anyway.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i find it amusing when they position one person on either side of the stairs just past the day care centre (redfern side). I try to duck behind someone as they get buggered, and then slip off when the others are busy.

yes, my mornings are amusing sometimes and im juvenile :rolleyes:

J

jhakka

I usually say "No thanks" and keep walking, but sometimes it's easier to take the damn thing and chuck it n the bin 2 metres away.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i hate flyers.

yeah i usually ignore them or chuck them in the bin.

what i hate even more is the stupid people round central doing research or trying to sell you things while i'm running for the train and they stick out their hands and try to stop me and shake hands and launch on their spiel. i swear i must be some sort of a magnet for those annoying people, they seem to just watch all these people go past till i come along.

hehe i know someone who had literally dozens of angus posters from elections, she cut out all hte images of his face and made a big multi coloured collage. it was kinda freaky.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
As a candidate for SRC President, I SHOULD be promoting the use of flyers. But it's such a fucking waste of paper. When I ran last year, the Environment Collective printed several thousand flyers, on what was probably not even recycled paper. At least a thousand were thrown away after the election. The Action/Vibe teams printed at least 20000 flyers, again many of which were thrown away after the election.

I love the fact that despite the fact that I'm supposed to be the evil guy, my flyers were 100% recycled paper, half the size of the other flyers (to save paper), and I purposely printed as few as I thought I would need - even though I would run out - because I didn't want to waste them.

This year, I will be running again for SRC President. But I will not be handing out a single flyer.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
transcendent said:
i love you too absolution! :)
oh come onnnnnnnnn!! you know i totally (l) asians. theyre the only people who sit up the front with me in lectures!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)