Following syllabuses? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey guys. I have been writing some notes just prior to my preliminary year.
I have been basically following guidelines from syllabuses during this holiday. But I am not still sure if I should just stick to syllabuses.

I want to take this opportunity to ask people if sticking to syllabuses is effective way of studying since I feel that I am excluding large part of information in my textbooks and study guides.

Any comment will be greatly valued. :rolleyes:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
syllabus only. they will nevr (well, rarely) ask something that is completely out of the scope of the syllabus. your teacher may add abit of information, but thats it.

im saying this for the science subject though :p.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
What you're tested on in your examinations (half-yearlies, yearlies) are based on the syllabus. Its up to you if you want to gain extra information on the topic to gain a broader understanding.

eccentric-one

HSC
From my past experiences sticking to the syllabus is crucial. This year I have printed out all my syllabusses and stuck them in a binder folder. Throughout the duration of the year I intend to write notes on loose leaf sheets of paper and disperese them throughout the syllabuses, so when it comes time to study I can simply go through and no that I have left to stone unturned.

Lucas

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I thank all the comments so far and I guess I will learn the importance of syllabuses by the time I start the yr 11 work.

P.S. Maths syllabuses are exceptions. I follow them but they are quite simple and ambiguous at times.

michael1990

HSC
Syllabuses are there because that is what we are supposed to learn, so if you learn everything that is in the Syllabus then you will be fine in the HSC?

I find the Syllabuses the best way to study, except for Economics, the Syllabus is way to broad. But Legal Studies, Business Studies man, JUST GREAT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)