• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Food for thought.. (2 Viewers)

kathrinn

HSC
In my school the smartest kids were well off. But I went to a school/live in an area in which the majority of the populus are in the high income bracket. I really dont think there's any specific link.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I go to a private school and surprisingly OP's generalisation is true, at least for this particular case, but not necessarily a general truth.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Since I go to private school, I extremely doubt there are any poor people there
Just cause you go to a private school doesn't mean there are no poor people there. Some parents would sell cars and mortgage their houses etc just to pay for their children's education. Some kids earn scholarships. So to say that there are no poor people at a private school is quite stereotypical.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Poorest? Well, it depends. Do you mean personal cash like by having a job or like family wealth?

kyokaku92

HSC
Just cause you go to a private school doesn't mean there are no poor people there. Some parents would sell cars and mortgage their houses etc just to pay for their children's education. Some kids earn scholarships. So to say that there are no poor people at a private school is quite stereotypical.
True... but it's the North Shore (Gordon/Hornsby area) and how many private schools with rich snobby kids are there (it is like a breeding ground for private schools)? I accept some people may have it tougher than others because of financial situations. Unless you have been there/ lived there you will realise most houses there are really expensive, massive and I highly doubt people there to be in financial ruin. Mortgages can only go so far, what if you run out of money and getting evicted? There's only like 4-5 guys I know on scholarships in my year and trust me they are not poor at all.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There are people at Knox who are not rich (as in parents earn combined less than 100k a year).

HSC
it's probably more prevalent at selective schools where the majority are asians..and asians are usually..poor..i mean..not as well off teehee

edit: well it's certainly the case at my school hahaha..omg i never actualyl realised that until op started this thread
????

if you mean poor compared to the rich cunts at sydney grammar or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)