food in exams??? (1 Viewer)

ribeena

HSC
hey my fried form another school told me she is allowed to eat lollies during he exam as long as they dont make noise!!!
is this true... coz my school doesnt let us bring anythingin only water....

definingemo

bonnells bay....but i say i live in newcastle
HSC
N/A
i don't see why not.
i never heard a rule about not having food during exam.
can't see an issue with it.
i guess they must just see it as un necessary as you should be focused on the exam rather than food.
but i would love to take some lollies in to help me think and calm my nerves...cause when you eat a chemical is released that has a calming effect. anyways...i will try in the next exam. :uhhuh: :D

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
You need to have permission from the examination supervisers.

Its in the guidebook on the BoS website.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
one of the guys on the hsc advice line told me to take some lollies or lifesavers in just incase i got hungry, but i'm not sure if i was allowed to so i didn't take it in either.
but i had gum once and the supervisors didn't say anything.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i took some lollies into my exam room and no body has said anything yet :p

miranda

HSC
everyone from my school takes lollies in. and water. lol
i've been taking rasperries (the lollies) and they were good :D

kylie_robbo

Technically the supervisors aren't meant to let you eat... BUT... Our supervisor, Case, told us to bring some lollies in, and if he likes the look of them, he would help himself to a few...

I take in Allen's Red Frogs and Snakes... And my bottle of water, and a few pens, and my reading glasses and.. and.. and..
I am glad to get out of there, cos that means I can use the qtn booklet to carry everything...

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
alby said:
i thought you could only have food if you had provisions for it???
haha yeah i get provisions..separate supervision and all... i can take in choccies coz im diabetic :D

ha-ha :p

Tambubs

HSC
Wow i've been missing out!!!!! i get migrains if i think too much while in long situations without food!!!!!!!!!!!! bugger.....
bring on the lollies! :eek:

malkin86

HSC
If you're a diabetic, you can get special provisions with poppas, food, insulin testing etc.

mishka

HSC
N/A
yeah a few people from our school are *obsessed* with taking in a bottle of water, lollies, and even their own CLOCK into the exam room...

i think it's a waste of time. if i drink during an exam, i always have to go to the toilet, which annoys me cos i should be doing the exam... i'd get too distracted with lollies sitting on my desk, too!! :D

sigh

HSC
for my trials i had a big container of werthers original that i unwrapped before hand. its good cause the sugar pushes you through the three hours of boredom. plus i was drinking red cordial so my answers were a little... unorthodox... i still did really well though

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
mishka said:
yeah a few people from our school are *obsessed* with taking in a bottle of water, lollies, and even their own CLOCK into the exam room...

i think it's a waste of time. if i drink during an exam, i always have to go to the toilet, which annoys me cos i should be doing the exam... i'd get too distracted with lollies sitting on my desk, too!! :D
You do need special provisions for food to be in the examination room. A girl in my English Paper 1 exam got lollies taken off her. We are also not allowed to have our own watches or clocks.

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
my boyf bought me a bag of "smart beans" (SPECIAL jelly beans) to take to my SORII exam.. i ate them all but they didnt make me that smart.. and i took a bottle of water.. i get my own room and own supervisor.. heck if she can sit there filing her nails the entire time im gonna do watever i want!

sigh

HSC
well at myschool we ARE allowed to take food in without special provisions. i mean obviously we cant take in a whole picnic, but lollies are allowed. as are watches and bottles of drink and teddy bears and anything else we feel like having. none of it is allowed on our desk, but its all allowed.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
we can take in lollies. :) so long as you don't take in anything that crunches, why not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)