Football - Summer Transfers (1 Viewer)

Charizard

HSC
Ronaldo didn't have the likes of Xavi or iniesta either.

The only thing that would make messi worse is if the physicality of the epl was too much, of having rubbish strikers since he creates more then he scores.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
real plan on selling like 14 players apparently

i love how all these players are going for 10s of millions and blackburn get giannakopoulous for 52,000

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
^ that's 52,000 wasted.

MAnchester have made bids for Wigan's Valencia.

Havent seen a lot of him, but is he really a good enough replacement on the wing ?
in short, no.
edit: definitely no.

he didn't have a stand-out season, so i don't even know where all the hype has come from. it just so happens that his links with united have coincided with ronaldo's exit; and they both play wing.

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC
A team of world class players =/= a world class team. someone said earlier that the team will have too much ego now and I gotta agree. cant see the next year going smoothly for them

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
don't assume that because a few great players have been pulled together into one team, that the team will automatically have a clash of egos.
if united and their boot-kicking-all-domineering manager can learn to deal with cristiano, so can madrid.

and kaka is among the most humble out there.

LordPc

HSC
never met the guy, but I wouldnt describe Ronaldo as a humble individual. footballer of the year + 80 mil transfer in his bio definately wont help.

we'll see how things pan out though.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
if united and their boot-kicking-all-domineering manager can learn to deal with cristiano, so can madrid.
Real Madrid bent over backwards 3 times to sign Ronaldo. I'm sure he'll become one of the protected species in Madrid.

Sir Alex brought him up, he made him the player he is today. Ronaldo has respect for the man. I'm not sure if he'll show the same kind of attitude to the Real Madrid squad. Can Pellegrini keep him under wraps? We'll see. It'll be funny if they have a fallout and Ronaldo gets benched. And when that happens, Pellegrini will get sacked for not playing Ronaldo. :p

LordPc

HSC
Real Madrid bent over backwards 3 times to sign Ronaldo. I'm sure he'll become one of the protected species in Madrid.

Sir Alex brought him up, he made him the player he is today. Ronaldo has respect for the man. I'm not sure if he'll show the same kind of attitude to the Real Madrid squad. Can Pellegrini keep him under wraps? We'll see. It'll be funny if they have a fallout and Ronaldo gets benched. And when that happens, Pellegrini will get sacked for not playing Ronaldo. :p
despite that little ":p" Id say the chances of something like this happening are high.

just imagine the fan reaction if ronaldo doesnt play the first game lol.

not really

until madrid buy defenders they're doing nothing
*cough*

someone remind me why Ronaldo wants to sign for them again?

Last edited:

Charizard

HSC
I can't believe Madrid aren't chasing Carvalho.

World class defender when he's healthy and would probably only cost 10 million.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
ronaldo has won everything he could have with man utd and realised it was the right time to move on after his cl final disappointment
The right time? That was like 2006. Ronaldo asked to leave every season. Now we've got the mega offer from Real Madrid we decided to sell. Good business on our part, and good riddance to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)