• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Footballers do it again (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
im sick of this shit

so if a bunch of accountants got pissed one nite and ran through CSU, would ppl b calling 4 the heads of all accountants???

and wats this trust shit we put in footyplayers??? once they finish their game i stop caring about wat they do

firehose

HSC
Argonaut said:
Lets just ban the sport outright already.

Play Rugby Union - it's a REAL game.
Exactly! :)

After all the occurrences of last year and now this... some ppl never learn :rolleyes:

malkin86

HSC
I think that part of the problem is that any stuff that they do to say "hey fellas, this is wrong", it might come across in the tone, say, with a caveat of "but we have to do this anyway (so you don't have to take it seriously)".

berghousemaa

HSC
There clearly is a problem with Rugby League players.
It's cause of their upbringing. These boofheads are idolised at school by morons and they don't do any work. However you want to spin it, they nearly all also went to public schools.

Compare this to Union.The players are all sensible even though drinking is as much a part of the culture

If i was one of the refs involved in thta sex romp i's be pretty pissed off if the knights players got off without atleast a temporary ban.

berghousemaa

HSC
They've already named them.
Gidley said he didn't want their actions rubbing off on the inocent players.
I think like sixplayers were charged 50k.
Police investigation pending

Generator

HSC
N/A
Rugby League is far from being the only sport (Australian or otherwise) that suffers from such a problem, and at least the NRL itself is working towards a means of addressing the issue.

K

katie_tully

ah
anybody heard the penalties?
two have been fired, and 11 have been fined a total of 50,000.

what about the girls who invited them back? theyre just as responsible, for bringing drunk, horny males into the girls dormitories.

berghousemaa

HSC
Only one was sacked, and he's a real nobady as well. Only a few caps for the knights.

berghousemaa

HSC
Only one was sacked, and he's a real nobody as well. Only a few caps for the knights.
The knights also got a 100k fine and 100k suspended sentance.
That's a real blow to Newcastle because they've got no Leagues club and at present no major sponsor.

K

katie_tully

two were. one has been kicked from his contract, and the other has been suspended for a season and looks as though his contract with the knights is defunct.

berghousemaa

HSC
katie_tully said:
two were. one has been kicked from his contract, and the other has been suspended for a season and looks as though his contract with the knights is defunct.
Both things happened to one guy.
Dane Tilse has had his contract ripped up by the Knights. That's the first part.
Then the NRL de-registered him as a player. You register on a year by year basis. He is therefore eligible next year but Gallop said they would need very compelling reasons to ever allow him to play again.

Repeat, only one player has had any sort of suspension at the moment.

K

katie_tully

I think it's a bit harsh, considering there were other factors involved.

They were invited by residents of the campus, who then left the guys unattended. That's no excuse for the way they behaved - it's the same with the Roosters/Bulldogs scandal last year.
Women solicite themselves to these "footballers", give phone numbers, invite them back to their rooms, and then run to the media pretending to be the victim. It takes two to tango.

The girls who were not involved deserve an apology from the club, and the players, and sure a fine should be issued - but suspension of contract.. Players have done worse, in all codes.

berghousemaa

HSC
katie_tully said:
I think it's a bit harsh, considering there were other factors involved.

They were invited by residents of the campus, who then left the guys unattended. That's no excuse for the way they behaved - it's the same with the Roosters/Bulldogs scandal last year.
Women solicite themselves to these "footballers", give phone numbers, invite them back to their rooms, and then run to the media pretending to be the victim. It takes two to tango.

The girls who were not involved deserve an apology from the club, and the players, and sure a fine should be issued - but suspension of contract.. Players have done worse, in all codes.
While it may be harsh,it is consistent.
The NRL learnt their lesson form the Bulldogs rapists and handled this brillantly. It won't be a story that will drag on form months now.

With all the scandals that have happened and all the training and coaching it has to be dumbest thing done by a leagie in along time, and that's saying something.

P.S What Roosters scandal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)