Footy Tips for the week (1 Viewer)

billbro

HSC
N/A
Guess there goes 7/7 for most of you.....

Go the Dragons, lucky we pulled that one off otherwise our final chances would have dwindled but now with the remaining matches we are definitely in the top 8. Another positive is there is a chance of Bailey coming back and along with Gasnier, Blacklock, Thompson and Firman thats going to be deadly. Anyone have an idea on where Firman will play considering how brilliant Head has been this year?

Now all we need is for Cowboys to lose to the Dogs which I think is highly probable and the Pathers to lose to the Roosters or Broncos.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Dragons will be in the top 8, but I don't see them making the top 4 or the Grand Final. They're hard to tip.

billbro

HSC
N/A
With a bye up there sleeve and three easy matches combined with the point difference assuming Cowboys lose this week and the Panthers poor form I believe they will just make the four due to the point differential.

They are hard to tip due to consistency but it seems like this is gradually improving but it isn't helped by the endless run of injuries which seems to be the case every season.

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, Dragons always seem to get the raw end of the stick when it comes to injuries.

billbro

HSC
N/A
If we end up with a healthy squad with all its star line up back we should be in contention for the premiership though the Bulldogs are playing great and same goes for the Roosters.

neonazi

billbro said:
Anyone have an idea on where Firman will play considering how brilliant Head has been this year?
They cant drop head cos he's playin so good, but i think that if firman is back, they probably play him on the bench and he may take lincoln withers spot as the replacement hooker. that looks like the only way he can fit in this side now, unless one of the halves get an injury.

neonazi

YAY!! GO KNIGHTS!!!!! and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA to manly supporters.
i am currently 3/4, only got friday nites game wrong.

GO NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nerd2die4

HSC
Loz#1 said:
Yeah, Dragons always seem to get the raw end of the stick when it comes to injuries.
No they don't. its poor recruiting. their players are like tampons in one week and out three. any idiot (obviously not the idiots running the dragons) would know that the majority of their players are very very injury prone. Gasnier got injured by falling out of a car, typical st george player, cant do the simple things right.

why would you resign a player who shows up to training drunk. or sign somebody who spends more time watching the game from the stands then actually being on the field. its the dragons fault that their players constantly get injured, because they keep resigning them.

billbro

HSC
N/A
nerd2die4 said:
No they don't. its poor recruiting. their players are like tampons in one week and out three. any idiot (obviously not the idiots running the dragons) would know that the majority of their players are very very injury prone. Gasnier got injured by falling out of a car, typical st george player, cant do the simple things right.

why would you resign a player who shows up to training drunk. or sign somebody who spends more time watching the game from the stands then actually being on the field. its the dragons fault that their players constantly get injured, because they keep resigning them.
Lets put it this way if coaches knew which players would get injured then no side would ever have injured players but you just don't know. Injuries are not due to poor recruiting but more chiefly luck and as far as recruitment goes dragons do very well they just fall short in terms of monetary management. I think you should reconsider what you say before you post because simply by looking at the young blokes on side you can tell recruitment is going well because of the amount of talent displayed. Injuries are unexpected and just because a player gets injured for an extended period doesn't mean he is injury prone.

4/4 so far.... :idea:

billbro

HSC
N/A
neonazi said:
They cant drop head cos he's playin so good, but i think that if firman is back, they probably play him on the bench and he may take lincoln withers spot as the replacement hooker. that looks like the only way he can fit in this side now, unless one of the halves get an injury.
Licoln Withers has been playing remarkably well this season as well and dropping him might not be beneficial either.

neonazi

yeh well the only way i see firman gettin into the team is by withers droppin out. i agree that withers has been playin very good so i wouldnt even think about havin firman in the top side.

billbro

HSC
N/A
neonazi said:
yeh well the only way i see firman gettin into the team is by withers droppin out. i agree that withers has been playin very good so i wouldnt even think about havin firman in the top side.
Wouldn't it be better to drop one of the bench forwards considering they had a few this round.

nerd2die4

HSC
billbro said:
Lets put it this way if coaches knew which players would get injured then no side would ever have injured players but you just don't know. Injuries are not due to poor recruiting but more chiefly luck and as far as recruitment goes dragons do very well they just fall short in terms of monetary management. I think you should reconsider what you say before you post because simply by looking at the young blokes on side you can tell recruitment is going well because of the amount of talent displayed. Injuries are unexpected and just because a player gets injured for an extended period doesn't mean he is injury prone.

4/4 so far.... :idea:
is that why they call gasnier biscuits? and barrett how many times has he been ijured? plenty of times, yet he will still be kept as chief playmaker. along with ryles and timmins who before this year hadnt played togethor since schoolboy days.

billbro

HSC
N/A
nerd2die4 said:
is that why they call gasnier biscuits? and barrett how many times has he been ijured? plenty of times, yet he will still be kept as chief playmaker. along with ryles and timmins who before this year hadnt played togethor since schoolboy days.
Yes but how could one possibably know they would get injured again? Also they all play well when they aren't injured to compensate anyhow and seems like a lot of the play making has gone to Head.

nerd2die4

HSC
i'll tell you how one could possibly know they would get injured again, easy, the team doctor. he is there for a reason. he keeps track of players injuries. he knows of injuries that are recurring, like hamstrings and carves, dragons players seem to have a lot of problems with that.

nerd2die4

HSC
I only got one tip wrong. bloody melbourne.

and i would just like to add thaty sully is a legend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)