Footy Tips for the week (1 Viewer)

nerd2die4

HSC
geez, thats a shocker - didnt make the eight in any grade. that doesn't give to much hope for the knights in the future.

neonazi

yes i would love some vodka. and some bourbon. and some whisky. and some beer. and everything else alcoholic.
and yeh i am a bit worried about where the knights r headed in the future. we'll probably run into a rebuilding stage in a couple of yrs once johns, buderus, matt gidley and the like leave us.

nerd2die4

HSC
why is it a joke loz? He is a top class player, and deserves the award.

nerd2die4

HSC
so what. he played better then finch did in this season. you cant be bitter about that, buderus is all class.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
i'm sick of this thread. I'm a roosters fan, yes I may have a one track mind, but I have opinions on other shit as well and I'm of nerd's obvious contempt in every post.

Enjoy the rest of the season...OH WAIT, YOUR TEAMS DIDN'T MAKE THE 8!

nerd2die4

HSC
so because my team didnt make the eight, i cant enjoy the season?

Last edited:

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Loz#1 said:
I bet I can guess that most of you have green eyes?
pfft... why do u think that? maybe coz the roosters have no juniors and so they have to go buy juniors just to make a jersey flegg team... ooooh im dyin of jealousy

nerd2die4

HSC
yeah i agree with constip8edskunk. we should, just do what the roosters do, if we like a player we should get him. stuff the rules.

nerd2die4

HSC
salary cap. dont you think if it was possible to buy so many juniors, other clubs would be doing it too.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
im sure they do but there are only 17 players each weekend that gets to play so there are bound to be players that wont be happy. we are the balancing factor if you will :) to ensure that there wont be too great an oversupply...

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
Loz#1 said:
i'm sick of this thread. I'm a roosters fan, yes I may have a one track mind, but I have opinions on other shit as well and I'm of nerd's obvious contempt in every post.

Enjoy the rest of the season...OH WAIT, YOUR TEAMS DIDN'T MAKE THE 8!
Loz, i will personally stop bagging the roosters out, if you could name me a roosters junior in the first grade side... Oh shit, you can't, cause their isn't any!

Roosters developing their 1st grade team?

BIGGEST FARCE TO HIT THE NRL!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
luke ricketson

anyways, about the juniors..... having a good junior base isnt the only way a club contributes in developing players. minichello, hegarty, byrnes, flannery, cross, webb, cusacks, tupou, (and several that have left in the last few years, solomona, rubin, bonetti and 2 a few other props whos names excapes me at the moment) are nobody's when they came to the roosters and worked their way up though the reserve teams. yes thats also a part of a players development. left at their original club, they might not have gone nearly as far as they have. take willie tonga for example, if bulldogs buy him he's prolly still wandering around in reserve grade wondering whether he'll gonna play ahead of matt peterson or the likes.

furthermore, fitzgibbon was not the player he is today when he left dragons... i believe he was more like chad robinson, a perennial fringe player behind the likes of thompson, treacy and that guy he didnt get along with. walker was unhappy at souths(much like jamie lyon was at parra) and roosters offered him a helping hand to get back on track, Jason Cayless was also a reserve grader, craig wing was without a club. ppl wouldve thought you be mad tif you had said finch wouldve made the origin team and be named halfback of the year last year. all these players have developed far beyond what they once were before coming to the roosters.

out of the current team, only fittler, hodges($%#%), morley, and robinson, are more or less 'poached'. this is hardly a large number.

look at the dogs, ryan patton tonga lolessi utai anasta etc etc are not local juniors... ffs the captain is a queenslander...

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
anyway back to the tips, i hope cowboys win this week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)