for future students - find the pattern (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ok what you need to do is to look at past exams and find a pattern, then you can usually just cruise by with only knowing a small amount of the course.

an example of this is i studied the greek period Peloponnesian war.... now i wasnt heaps good at this but i looked at past exams and noticed that whetever else there was, they always asked a question on the causes of the war... so i just memorised as essay with that type of question in mind.

my friends who did Rome assure me that the same is true with them... there is absolutely no need to study everything before the exam, just study how to write one, maybe two essays.... i was lucky that the question i got in section 3 was compatable with my section 4 questiion [ cause u need to pick a different period ot different society] but if you are only shaky on one period and the other one you are heaps good at, just find the pattern of questions and they will ask whatever comes up the most.

goodluck

nedzelic

HSC
i don't quite agree there - doesn't owrk for a society with the short questions on everything
and also for sparta there was a whole essay (25 marks) on the significance of spartan poetry. now anyone who has done sparta will know that there are a grand total of TWO spartans sources and so the only way this essay could have been asnwered well was if you said that it wasn't significant and then said why it wasn't and talked about what was...blahblahblah
so i don't quite agree with you there
hey, which school in 'gong do you go to?

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
New syllabus next year. Owned.
Nothing is being changed other than the first NKE period being to Amenhotep II. Pompeii replaces 'Additional Period/Society' and that's it. Owned.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
only till amonhotep II? and i wasted all that time learning abotu thutmosis IV what bullshit.

yeah i dont know if it works for all the questions, it was just a trick i found that worked out for me, i didnt use it on section 2 because on your society question they can ask you pretty much anything.

but like for personalities you dont have a choice of questions but there are certain areas they always ask so its smart to study e.g if u do Hatshepsut its always smart to study her personal background and her relationship with Amun.

but what i was saying is that say u can either do a period for section 3 or section 4, which gives u a possability of 4 questions. now i did the Peloponnesian war and one of those 4 questions was always on the causes of the war.
The other period i did was NKE to death of Thutmosis IV and they usually asked a question on the significance of the warrior pharaoh image... stuff like that is what i meant.... i dont mean completely risk your HSC i take no responsability if people fail for listening to my advice because their exam is out of the ordinary, but i mean be smart about your study and dont study shit that you dont have to, keep a reasonable workload and this is one way i limmited my workload

yeah Smiths Hill High, which school u at?

nedzelic

HSC
ap
you know, your school is really shite at sport!

Mandy101

HSC
Hey, here's a great idea: just study everything!! I did and it wasn't that difficult. Just start sooner rather than later. Why would you walk into an exam only knowing a tiny bit of the course when you can know it all and feel a whole lot more confident? While it's possible on some occasions to predict questions, you can never be sure.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah Mandy iam not suggesting dont atleast view over everything, but if your like me and cant memorise 30+ different types of essays for each possible question, and you feel like just concentrating on a few essays and get rediculously high marks in them, then do what i do... its risky but it can pay off big time

and nedzelic you would think a selective school would be bad at sport, but we hold the regions cross country championship and swimming aswell for like 3 years running

we also have some australian representatives, like this one girl, is our National representative for some cross country age group, i think its girls under 18's
and we hold the national championship for floorball[ like hockey but indoors and a different type of stick] in males i think under 18's

one of those guys plays floorball for australia, he recently got back from Sweden where they had a game...

so yeah we arent traditionally good at sport, like fast runners or big tough football teams [ our team consistently gets the shit beaten out of them, one guy concussed himself 5 minutes before the game even began, warming up LOL]
but we have atleast SOME sporting acheivements.

yeah devil girl i learnt about like persian war and delian league in yr 11 and a bit at the begining of yr12[non examinable background crap] so i know where your coming from, its risky i must admit, i was pretty worried until we went through checking our papers to make sure no mistakes and from then on i had a big grin on my face :)
And Hatshepsut was out of left field , but i did my best and linked it in with what i knew and they cant expect any more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)