for girls < size 8 (1 Viewer)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Hi there, since there's a thread for girls size 14+ I wondered if I could start one for the people on the other side of the spectrum?

At a miniature one and a half metres, I've actually found it's difficult to find decent clothes in normal stores. Particularly jeans. And since I'm extremely flat chested, Supre has never, and will never work for me. Not that my parents didn't object to the slogans in the first place.

I love the Myer kids department, because their clothes are of a more mature style, but they're cut for a childish figure. Another technique I've taken on is buying 3/4 length high-waisted skirts, then pushing them down to my hips and wearing them as ankle-length ones. And despite how much people pay them out, MaryKate&Ashley underwear is a godsend, because I'm above the age of getting away without a bra, but normal ones look stupid on me because they usually fall off.

So yeah, like the other thread...I was wondering if I could get some similar thoughts from people in a similar situation.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
im just a lil bit taller than you so i know what u mean :) its very difficult to find jean that fits because they're too long :(

but unlike you, i can’t fit into children’s jeans because i have hips but i get away with buying children basic tshirt from pumpkin patch "urban angels", bonds chesty in size 12 and jacket from fiorucci in myer :D:D

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I wear rather small clothes, but I don't look that small (or so I think) because I'm not too short - if you don't consider 160 cm short. :rolleyes:

I sometimes have trouble buying pants because my hips are too small for size 8+, so I can't shop at Myer for pants because they usually don't have size 6. Personally I think it's a really crap thing to be thin in that area. People say I'm lucky to wear size 6 pants, but honestly, I'm pissed off at the fact that my hips are non-existent.

cerebrum

HSC
I hear ya, people always never appreciate my feelings when they tell me how thin I am, but they don't realise how hard it it for girls like me to purchase clothing. I don't understand why they feel more comfortable telling skinny girls their "problems" and think we don't care.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
cerebrum said:
I hear ya, people always never appreciate my feelings when they tell me how thin I am, but they don't realise how hard it it for girls like me to purchase clothing. I don't understand why they feel more comfortable telling skinny girls their "problems" and think we don't care.
Because as wrong as it is, it's more socially acceptable to be thin.

People are always struggling with their body shape, which is the reason why being told to be thin is often interpreted as a compliment. I have to admit that I'm one of those girls who are afraid of gaining even half a kilo, but I would rather be overweight than to be morbidly thin. There's a line between slim and plain skinny. When it's crossed, the results are disgusting.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i know how you feel with the jeans thing...being the shortass that i am, i always have to take my pants up no matter what size they are. and pants and skirts that are meant to be knee length end halfway down my calves :s. the bra thing is no problemo for me now, but it used to be. i would recommend myer to anybody, their clothes are usually stylish and fit well.

HSC
cerebrum said:
OMG, I empathise with you completely!

I'm not as scrawny as I used to be anymore (I have some hips and thighs now), but I still get told that I'm too thin, particularly when people look at my wrists (Grandma: You look like a BEANPOLE! Eat your meat!). I'm still flatchested though.

And it's a bit of a pain, because when I feel I've gained weight, I naturally want to lose it, because I want to reach my equilibrium again...except the problem is, everyone starts whinging that I don't need to lose weight and blah...anyhow...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
It's not just with girls though. I find it hard as a guy to find some clothes that fit cause even with some jeans at the smallest men's sizes I have to wear a belt. That's why I've decided to beef up in the hopes of finding better fitting clothes.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
you remind me of my brother...he's skinny as and always looks like a twig! never a good look, but now that he's lost a heap of weight he cant put it back on (massive growth spurt a couple of years ago)

HSC
transcendent said:
It's not just with girls though. I find it hard as a guy to find some clothes that fit cause even with some jeans at the smallest men's sizes I have to wear a belt. That's why I've decided to beef up in the hopes of finding better fitting clothes.
...sounds a bit like my brother, but since he's twelve, he's got a fair bit of time to go before he's fully grown.

Ghost1788

HSC
i have that same problem, i stand at around 190cm and its kinda hard to find something that fits properly and looks normal i.e. lanky i hate the lanky look but i have to live with it i guess...

Skeeta

HSC
im kinda with you here. Ive got the same probs with pants, im a size 6-8 but ive got biggish hips which makes a problem. My bra size is like 8 DD (which basically doesnt exist) so finding a bra that fits good is a nightmare. I have to go up to a 10D or a 12C and make some mighty adjustments to the back and straps

im just glad that my mummy can sew because the only pair of pants that i havent had 2 take up were a pair of 7/8ths which fit like a dream

/end rant/

Hunnylishush

HSC
----

It's nice to be thin. but not too thin like Lindsay Lohan. My sister has the same problem she never finds jeans to fit her she has to look for a long time till she finds the perfect fit.

Love your bodies girls your all beautiful!

Skeeta

HSC
we're not actually complaining about our bodies

(well im not, i know its misproportioned and its not the best thing going arond but its the way i was made and was meant to be.. so might as be happy with what youve got)

BUT (what i'm complaining about anyway) is the probs that us girls have trying to find clothes.. In all the Mags theres girls and diets and articles on trying to get a size 6 or 8 body (which i think is unrealistic) but then they dnt make clothes for that size

a bit stuupid

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Skeeta said:
im kinda with you here. Ive got the same probs with pants, im a size 6-8 but ive got biggish hips which makes a problem. My bra size is like 8 DD (which basically doesnt exist) so finding a bra that fits good is a nightmare. I have to go up to a 10D or a 12C and make some mighty adjustments to the back and straps

im just glad that my mummy can sew because the only pair of pants that i havent had 2 take up were a pair of 7/8ths which fit like a dream

/end rant/
I wish I had your boobs. :(

HSC
Skeeta said:

/end rant/
Oh my, it must be a headache, you must get so much crap from people who are like, "I wish I had breasts like yours", but don't understand how difficult it is to find clothes. Wow, you're lucky you have a mum who sews!

Oops, no offence to Dreamerish ... sorry!

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Heels
Dress in similar colours from head to toe, so your body isn't broken up
Well fitting clothes
Pants that are hemmed to a good length

Skeeta

HSC
to make you look taller, wear heels.. but not ones with an ankle strap. You want something that is going to lengthen your leg and foot, but chunky, ankle strap shoes just cut them off and make them look about 5 times shorter than they are

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)