For the Love of God.... (1 Viewer)

Scorch

HSC
Explain your Richard Dawkins quote please (In the sig)

Understanding the world?
Religion is wholly unscientific; it works from a claim of knowledge and frames the evidence thereof, and at the last ditch renders such claims of knowledge as somehow above logic or reason.

beatboxre

HSC
Religion is wholly unscientific; it works from a claim of knowledge and frames the evidence thereof, and at the last ditch renders such claims of knowledge as somehow above logic or reason.
Hi. I didn't ask about your opinion on religion, my question was about something else. Or maybe you did answer it, But no worries yo!
"...renders such claims of knowledge as somehow above logic or reason.", I don't know who or what you're referring to. And what logic or reason are you talking about?
There's alot to understand about this world, which I'm pretty sure Richard Dawkins hasn't experienced in his lifetime.

Scorch

HSC
Hi. I didn't ask about your opinion on religion, my question was about something else. Or maybe you did answer it, But no worries yo!
"...renders such claims of knowledge as somehow above logic or reason.", I don't know who or what you're referring to. And what logic or reason are you talking about?
There's alot to understand about this world, which I'm pretty sure Richard Dawkins hasn't experienced in his lifetime.
You ask me to explain a quote that reads "I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." and then reject my explanation as irrelevant and add your own strange comment about what Richard Dawkins has and hasn't experienced in his lifetime; why even ask in the first place?

beatboxre

HSC
You ask me to explain a quote that reads "I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." and then reject my explanation as irrelevant and add your own strange comment about what Richard Dawkins has and hasn't experienced in his lifetime; why even ask in the first place?
I didn't reject anything Scorch, you just went about religion. I'll take your response for the first half of the quote. "It teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world" is where I was expecting an explanation.

But it's all good mate, no offense.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)