For those of us taking more than 10 units into the HSC... (1 Viewer)

morgoe

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
I'm doing 13. Senior Science won't count, I don't bother with it at all. I wish they could take half my legal mark and have my ext 1 mark.
They can..
Your subjects get split up into single units, and then they choose the best 10. So if Ext1 is better than Legal, you'll get 1 unit of Legal and 1 unit of Ext1 counting.

runnable

HSC
Apparently statistically speaking, people with 11 units does best in the HSC. Guess how many units I'm doing...

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I have 11 units. Pretty sure that 4 units of Maths, Chem, and English will count. The other 2 will either be 2 units of Indo or 1 unit of Indo and SORI

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
maths wont count for me!!! i should have dropped ages ago.

Im hoping i dont stuff up legal argh me and my content based subjects

wLym

HSC
im just so glad i didnt follow through on my year 11 aspirations to take 14+ units. >.>

atm the units im not sure about are:
- physics
- 3 unit maths (im gonna focus on 4 unit because its easier)

HSC
morgoe said:
They can..
Your subjects get split up into single units, and then they choose the best 10. So if Ext1 is better than Legal, you'll get 1 unit of Legal and 1 unit of Ext1 counting.
Yea but I know that I will do better in Legal :(

'mogen

HSC
Robin Hood said:
Question: For those of you who are taking on 10+ units wouldn't it be easier if you dropped your lowest ranked subject in order to spend more time on the other subjects to try and increase them?
That's how what I am doing, only because I really don't like one of the subjects therefore I wouldn't be as motivated to do as much study in it as my other subjects.
I see the upside in having a safety net but I guess only if you perform equally well in all of your subjects.
I considered that, but I felt that my subjects balaced and/or complemented each other well- I'd go crazy doing all sciences or all writing subjects. I prefer to learn across the board. An extra 2 units wasn't that much more of a workload in all honesty. Extension 2 English is over and done with now, all but 20% of Drama is done, and the essays shouldn't be a problem. It was a struggle at a few points- in Term 3 I had 13 assessments in 4 or 5 weeks. Horrible, but hopefully worth it.
And yes, I perform fairly equally across the board. If there was one subject I was doing really poorly in, I'd probably drop it.

Mind you, at the end of preliminary, I dropped the subject I was coming first in (Ancient History) because I wanted to pick up Ext2 English, so maybe I wouldn't...

4unitfreak

HSC
Apparently statistically speaking, people with 11 units does best in the HSC. Guess how many units I'm doing...
Wooooo!

I did 14 units for a while in Year 12 because I picked up Ext 2 Maths and wasn't sure whether to drop Music or Chemistry. The way it looks at the moment, only one unit of Chem will count for me.

HSC
I have 11 units. I think my EX1 unit might replace one of my Advanced units.

Azreil

HSC
Ext 1 English, definitely.

1 unit of either legal studies or chemistry. Depending on how my writing style is in Legal and my screw up ratio is in Chem.

xJennax

HSC
I'm doing 11 or 12 units. One of my computer-related courses isn't going to count. VET IT I assume, as I'm better at multimedia.
I don't have to do the exam, but I'm still going to so it's on my HSC.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
i somehow started out with 16 units and have whittled them down to 12. Mathematics will not count
unless i have an EPIC FAIL of another subject, which is unlikely, it wont count -i refuse to waste time studying for it as a result.
as to why i kept the godforsaken subject - my parents wouldnt let me drop it, id already dropped extention one maths and they would have disowned me had i dropped maths, despite getting 17 out of 120 on my trials.......

Mothers

Banned
HSC
kasakiki said:
i somehow started out with 16 units and have whittled them down to 12. Mathematics will not count
unless i have an EPIC FAIL of another subject, which is unlikely, it wont count -i refuse to waste time studying for it as a result.
as to why i kept the godforsaken subject - my parents wouldnt let me drop it, id already dropped extention one maths and they would have disowned me had i dropped maths, despite getting 17 out of 120 on my trials.......
AHAHAHAHA, wow..17/120? That's quite the shit mark. Even I got 52/120 and I'm :bomb: at Maths.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kasakiki said:
You gotta be kidding me...

apathyislove

HSC
I was doing thirteen units, but doing eleven now. A safety net would be fantastic. However, I was certain that I would fail General Maths, so there was no point wasting my time with. Dropped it before trials and used the free periods to study other topics.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
i kid you not :) and yes, the worst mark i have ever gotten. the top mark in the trial was 70ish in our class, the second mark started somewhere around 30. and the top marker from our class, bless her littl e heart , beat 2 of the ext 1 maths kiddies marks.. thats quality for ya!
iyounamu : some parents cant accept defeat, even when its right there, giving them the stink eye...

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
pretty sure mx1 won't count, and half of society will count/half won't count.
even though i would much rather study maths than society, i have like 10 free days to study society whereas mx1 is on my week which i have maths/modern/mx1/ancient so study time speaking, i just dont have the time to learn the course, plus i need to go really well in the maths hsc since my marks this year have been kinda crappy...therefore, im giving up on mx1.
i kept mx1 because id been in the same maths class for 3 years, i didnt realise until about half way through the year how shit i was starting to go in mx1, and really couldn't be bothered dropping out of my class since i just liked the class so much, and my teacher was good for maths (it was just me who didn't put in the effort).
in hindsight i should have dropped society at the end of year 11 when i picked up history ext, then i could have had more time to study mx1, but i wasnt sure if id be any good at hx soo...i kept society.

Last edited:

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
kasakiki said:
i kid you not :) and yes, the worst mark i have ever gotten. the top mark in the trial was 70ish in our class, the second mark started somewhere around 30. and the top marker from our class, bless her littl e heart , beat 2 of the ext 1 maths kiddies marks.. thats quality for ya!
iyounamu : some parents cant accept defeat, even when its right there, giving them the stink eye...
That's not really that hard to do... I came third in the trial, so I beat about 9 of them.

METALDANCERBRIT

HSC
hey 'mogen wana know wats crazy? im gona tell u neway lol.....
im doin 14units i survived them prety much havin all major works nd performances on at the same time......

and the thing that makes all this EVEN FUNNIER......is that i dont need a UAI!
hahaha......so that makes me stupid and crazy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we should dance!"

• Dance
  • Drama
  • Music
  • Art
  • Gen. Maths
  • 4unit English

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)