For those prospective UNSW students who just got their ATARs (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
is B Arts 78 or 77 for 2013 (as your speculation before the first offer)?? regardless I made it in with all my bonus points with my ATAR :D
I'd say 78. But it would still have vacancies regardless. This is just to set minimum standards, from what I think.

in a letter in my UAC account, it says that i am eligible for EAS at pretty much every university..so by "eligible" are they saying that i will get bonus points at UNSW given that i have chosen it as a higher preference or is it still unconfirmed/yet to consider??? i am so confused
You will get bonus points regardless.

kenkap

HSC
there are two lecture for business degrees tomorrow info day ie one on 10.15 and another on 1.30...are they the same lecture or different

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
there are two lecture for business degrees tomorrow info day ie one on 10.15 and another on 1.30...are they the same lecture or different
Will be the same. They hold two sessions for people who cant make the morning or afternoon one.

froogle

HSC
N/A
I have a few questions for current unsw student that would help the newcomers

1) What is your most memorable moment from first year?
2) Do you have any regrets looking back?
3) What would be your single most valuable piece of advice for those starting this year?
4) How are you finding uni (and unsw) compared to what you anticipated/expected before actually starting?

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC

3) What would be your single most valuable piece of advice for those starting this year?
4) How are you finding uni (and unsw) compared to what you anticipated/expected before actually starting?
1)start of holidays
2)starting uni
3)don't go 2 uni
4)i want 2 die

kenkap

HSC
i think it took me around 10-15 min just to walk from the bus stop outside the gate to clb 7...how long is that path??

addoil

HSC
Question::

To confirm; our offer letter/email will include our UNSW ID and password?
We can then use this ID to create our UniPass? (or should we use UAC number)?

HSC
Uni Grad

1. O-week was the best week of uni. Then from there onwards uni condescended.

2. I reckon I should have accepted my 2nd preference instead of my first (first was comm/arts, second was engo/arts or sci)

3. Go to every lecture, study more for the finals; in fact, start studying in week 10 for it.

4. I thought uni would just be like my HSC life, just study enough and you'll get the marks you want, i.e. you will get Distinctions. In fact I thought they didn't use the bellcurve for the commerce 1st year subs so that in theory, everyone could get at least a D. Turns out they actually put your marks on a bellcurve and scale it (the uni needs to maintain their standards), which fucked me over QQ. So basically, uni is lot, lot harder than high school. In fact, you can't just study all the time, you'll need to go and get work experience (more important) and do other extracurriculars.

Question::

To confirm; our offer letter/email will include our UNSW ID and password?
We can then use this ID to create our UniPass? (or should we use UAC number)?
Jia You :)

Anyway, the letter we get from UAC is only the acceptance offer. You'll need to make the UNSW ID and Password once you proceed with the offer online.

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
Around one hour left to change and check your UAC preferences. After that, they are set in stone until main round offers come out.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

1) First day making a new friend never saw him again
2) should of studied more and got higher marks for easy first year subs
3)bring your own food, most food on campus is shit and overpriced
4) I want to go on a shooting rampage

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad

1) Went to Step Up (an international student orientation program). Sat down while waiting to get permission to enter the lecture hall at the CLB. While waiting, this girl randomly introduced herself to me and we started talking. Turns out, she lived in the same dormitory as me. Fast forward seven months later, and we're still good friends and hanging out all the time. ;)

2) Should've studied harder, put more effort, that sort of thing. I was busy adjusting to living alone, getting a part time job for the first time, that sort of stuff, but I still should've worked harder and not been such a procrastinator and a lazy butt.

3) Put in the effort! Don't expect that because you were brilliant in high school, that you'd be brilliant in university. It doesn't work like that. I learned that the hard way, and so did everyone else. Lower your standards, get your books (and laptop) out, and get studying if you want anything above a credit!

4) Well, going to class sucks. Studying boring/theoretical/dry content sucks. I thought what I learned at university would be interesting, practical even, but turns out that it's just a repeat of high school, using more advanced terminology. On the bright side, the social life is much better than what I expected. I'm glad I entered UNSW for that reason alone. Everyone's friendlier than I expected and the diversity of the backgrounds of everyone is just amazing. I don't regret choosing UNSW, haha.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

1. I went outside the Red Centre and there was a girl on the Main Walkway who was stripping down to her undergarments. That, or watching three girls in bikinis wrestling each other in jelly and getting a picture with them afterward. Good times.

2. Apparently one of the girl jelly wrestlers said she wanted to rub jelly all over me. Should've taken her up on the offer.

3. Don't basement. Try to be social. Uni isn't just about the degree, but you would want to make a few friends in the process too.

4. Lot more relaxed. HSC is so much pressure, uni is less so. Lots of work. But it's pretty awesome. Lots of free time. I can do what I want, but there's always homework beckoning.

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC
4) Well, going to class sucks. Studying boring/theoretical/dry content sucks. I thought what I learned at university would be interesting, practical even, but turns out that it's just a repeat of high school, using more advanced terminology. On the bright side, the social life is much better than what I expected. I'm glad I entered UNSW for that reason alone. Everyone's friendlier than I expected and the diversity of the backgrounds of everyone is just amazing. I don't regret choosing UNSW, haha.
lolllllllllll

study12345

HSC
Do you enrol in one lecture and one tutorial for each subject? For e.g. right now I am planning my law timetable so would I do laws 1052 lecture and laws 1052 tutorial? like choose one for each>please help im so confused!!

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you enrol in one lecture and one tutorial for each subject? For e.g. right now I am planning my law timetable so would I do laws 1052 lecture and laws 1052 tutorial? like choose one for each>please help im so confused!!
If Commerce/Law yeap 1 tutorial 1 lecture stream

kenkap

HSC
somebody please help

i am enrolling for b actuarial studies/b economics and i got to this page where it gives me two options (1)my unsw enrolment basket (2) Next Step

i dont know what to do. i dont know any of subjects which ill be doing and neither their codes, please help i am lost

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
click on enrolment basket and that takes you to a page where you search and enrol in classes

kenkap

HSC
click on enrolment basket and that takes you to a page where you search and enrol in classes
but i dont know what courses to search! like i do, but i dont know which ones in first sem

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)