• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

For uni students: (1 Viewer)

Come at me

HSC
N/A
hi uni students

we (HSC students) can't wait to finish school and start uni/Tafe whatever....

I hear a lot of uni people telling me how much they miss their school life....why is that?
is uni life that boring or school life is just awesome?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
uni is like sitting the HSC every 6 months for how many years you degree is that's why

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I miss walking around knowing pretty much everyone I see and wearing a badge and being able to boss people around using the "m8, look at the badge" card and sitting with my friends every day for recess and lunch :(

But then again at uni, much more freedom and whatnot.

Sure, there are aspects of school that I miss - but uni is pretty gr8.

seanieg89

HSC
uni is like sitting the HSC every 6 months for how many years you degree is that's why
People say that, but I don't get it. If passes are all that's required for your degree it is definitely easier to scrape a pass in uni than it is to do well in the HSC. If you want something higher than a pass for whatever reason, it is your choice to work for it. University life can be as chilled as you want to make it, and it is for many people.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I miss walking around knowing pretty much everyone I see and wearing a badge and being able to boss people around using the "m8, look at the badge" card and sitting with my friends every day for recess and lunch :(

I have this now. You mad?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i enjoyed school a great deal, but i'm enjoying uni a lot more tbh

granted, i'm still a first year, so this might change, but for now i'm absolutely loving uni

mirakon

nigga
HSC

i had a few badges but never bossed people around because that would make me a dickhead lol

enoilgam

HSC
People say that, but I don't get it. If passes are all that's required for your degree it is definitely easier to scrape a pass in uni than it is to do well in the HSC. If you want something higher than a pass for whatever reason, it is your choice to work for it. University life can be as chilled as you want to make it, and it is for many people.
This pretty much. I found the HSC much more difficult and labour intensive because my goals were much higher.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
The same can be said for the HSC, if you're not really that concerned about it you'll do shit just like uni.

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
I don't really agree. Having studied a fair few Undergraduate subjects informally on top of my own school studies, I find this hard to believe.

The same can be said for the HSC, if you're not really that concerned about it you'll do shit just like uni.
The thing is at University, you could just bludge and scrape passes, and still be awarded the Bachelor degree. However if you bludge at School, you run the risk of not acquiring the necessary ATAR for your course.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
P's get degrees, but D's get jobs, and opportunities like scholarships.

A struggle with uni can be that you need to make more effort to make friends or to see people (especially if your school friends went to a different uni). Some people find that hard, especially in the courses with very large cohorts where you're unlikely to see the same people twice, but I personally love uni. I made friends pretty quickly though

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The thing is at University, you could just bludge and scrape passes, and still be awarded the Bachelor degree. However if you bludge at School, you run the risk of not acquiring the necessary ATAR for your course.
You can use the same argument for both. You run the risk of not getting passes in the same way that you run the risk of not getting the necessary ATAR.

seanieg89

HSC
P's get degrees, but D's get jobs, and opportunities like scholarships.

A struggle with uni can be that you need to make more effort to make friends or to see people (especially if your school friends went to a different uni). Some people find that hard, especially in the courses with very large cohorts where you're unlikely to see the same people twice, but I personally love uni. I made friends pretty quickly though
I know what you mean because I set high standards for myself (as I am guessing you do). In my experience post-graduation though, your actual marks aren't particularly important unless you are heading into a particularly competitive profession or academia. Ie marks are unimportant to the majority of uni students, whereas your atar will have a direct impact on your life (at least for the next couple of years).

seanieg89

HSC
You can use the same argument for both. You run the risk of not getting passes in the same way that you run the risk of not getting the necessary ATAR.
Of course you can, I am not saying otherwise. I am merely saying that I think it is easier to pass every university subject in a year of an undergraduate degree than it is to meet the atar cutoffs required by typical high school students.

HSC
Uni Grad
hi uni students

we (HSC students) can't wait to finish school and start uni/Tafe whatever....

I hear a lot of uni people telling me how much they miss their school life....why is that?
is uni life that boring or school life is just awesome?
Depends, uni life is very very complicated compared with high school life, where it's the same thing over and over again.

As for me, I found HS way easier than uni; put in more effort, although I end up doing worse a lot in uni. In HS I remember for most subjects I barely put effort and got decent marks. But uni on the other hand, sometimes you put a lot of effort and you won't get it back, at least that's for me though.

Although I gotta admit, passing uni courses are easy, getting the Ds and HDs is the hard bit, which I'm struggling as a first year to do so. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)