Forensic Science? (1 Viewer)

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Hey is anybody here doing Forensic Science over at Hawkesbury? How is the course? What should i expect in this course?

I pretty much know everything about this course but i still want a students view on it.

Thanks

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Hey is anybody here doing Forensic Science over at Hawkesbury? How is the course? What should i expect in this course?

I pretty much know everything about this course but i still want a students view on it.

Thanks
I don't do this course, but a couple of my friends do. They have enjoyed it so far except for biochem 1 in 2nd year.

First year consists of Digital Forensic Photography, etc basic Chem, Bio, Biometry electives such as Intro to Anatomy, etc.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I don't have a first hand view of the course but my mate is doing it at Hawkesbury and absolutely loves it and speaks very highly of it. She agrees that Biochem was tough, but she did still do well (my sister also did Biochem and says it's quite tough but ok if you work hard at it).

HSC
I don't do this course, but a couple of my friends do. They have enjoyed it so far except for biochem 1 in 2nd year.

First year consists of Digital Forensic Photography, etc basic Chem, Bio, Biometry electives such as Intro to Anatomy, etc.
I'm most likely going to do Biochem 1 next year. What was it excaltly that they didn't enjoy about it? Was it just the difficulty as ambermorn mentioned or other factors such as structure, teaching ect...

piitb

HSC
coz there are many processes that you have to learn in detail, in first year they will gloss over glycolysis and say all you need to know is it exists, well in biochem u learn it all in detail

Glycolysis
Gluconeogenesis
Krebs cycle
Fatty acid metaoblism
Protein metabolism
Electron transport chain

regulation of each of those cycles.

and much more....

actually its not hard, but is REAL hard/impossible if you try cram it in 2 weeks.

need to work at least 2 days a week on this subject to keep up to date.

end of day if you just remember but dont understand u will get into trouble, but u also need to take time to both understand and remember things

Last edited:

NotOneLess

HSC
Word has it that Biochem 1 and 2 have the highest fail rates amongst science students.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I'm most likely going to do Biochem 1 next year. What was it excaltly that they didn't enjoy about it? Was it just the difficulty as ambermorn mentioned or other factors such as structure, teaching ect...
The uni and many students have had problems with the lecturer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)