Formal arhhhhhhhhhhhh (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
lmao shuddup paul :L ahhahahha i have a confession i was going to apply to that show but they didnt mention anything about the mums getting to pick everything so thank god ahahahha but also i was afraid it would be a shit prgram and id get bagged for it :/

those girls have no respect for their mums honestly it's shameful :S if i grabbed my mum by her face id get my head shoved up my ass :S
I'm guessing you know sharkey ;).

kittystar

HSC
Wooooh got my formal dress 2 weeks ago! I honestly cannot wait, my dress makes me feel like a princess!

Web Addict

HSC
I don't have any suits. Where would be a good place to buy one? And when I mean 'good,' I actually mean cheap? I don't intend to spend much money on it. I hear some people at school say that they've spent over $500 to just get a suit! WTF?

iheartOJ

HSC

Makematics

HSC
I dont think i'll ever understand the hype over formals... Like why would you need a fking car???? And idk why but personally, i would feel very very uncomfortable wearing expensive clothes.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I dont think i'll ever understand the hype over formals... Like why would you need a fking car???? And idk why but personally, i would feel very very uncomfortable wearing expensive clothes.
Yeah, why even go formals?

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Getting an expensive car just for the formal is stupid. And you don't need to get anything to expensive. The shopping is definately fun, though :)

iBibah

HSC
Because its the last time you can celebrate with mates/gfs/bfs/other friends your time at school. After hs it's not the same, and a formal dinner dance is a way to celebrate that. You don't have to have an expensive car, but the idea is that its your last time, might as well live it up for a couple of hours.

I don't think the hype is necessary, but I don't think the formal in itself is unnecessary.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't forget to get a dslr to take clear photos :).

Point and shoot cameras are notoriously bad during low light performance .

Last edited:

Makematics

HSC
Because its the last time you can celebrate with mates/gfs/bfs/other friends your time at school. After hs it's not the same, and a formal dinner dance is a way to celebrate that. You don't have to have an expensive car, but the idea is that its your last time, might as well live it up for a couple of hours.

I don't think the hype is necessary, but I don't think the formal in itself is unnecessary.
Dont get me wrong, i agree that there should be something to celebrate the end of high school, and i am going to my school's formal. Im just saying i dont understand why people make a such a big deal out of it. I guess i'm just upset with how americanised we've become, effectively copying the whole american prom thingo.

iBibah

HSC
Dont get me wrong, i agree that there should be something to celebrate the end of high school, and i am going to my school's formal. Im just saying i dont understand why people make a such a big deal out of it. I guess i'm just upset with how americanised we've become, effectively copying the whole american prom thingo.
Yeh some people do make a big deal.

Question: Do you think that whoever invites the other to their formal should pay for everything? Or everyone pays for themselves? Or guys pay for themselves if they go to the girls formal and pay for both if they invite a girl?

Makematics

HSC
Yeh some people do make a big deal.

Question: Do you think that whoever invites the other to their formal should pay for everything? Or everyone pays for themselves? Or guys pay for themselves if they go to the girls formal and pay for both if they invite a girl?
I reckon every person should pay for themselves, regardless of bf/gf relationships

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)