Formal Thread (pics, websites, ideas, thoughts) (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol at last 2ish pages

as for the school vs uni friends, the ones who came to uts I still see every week, (only 2 or 3 of them) the others from school I haven't really talked to bar 4-5 people

Our school friend group was more meet up at school and that's it not really going places or anything

Got a couple of things planned after exams though with those guys I still talk to, should be fun :p

I thought you didn't go to either of your formals
trollface.jpg

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
that guys teeth next to rank1 are so yellow

muhahahahahaha

HSC
lol at last 2ish pages

as for the school vs uni friends, the ones who came to uts I still see every week, (only 2 or 3 of them) the others from school I haven't really talked to bar 4-5 people

Our school friend group was more meet up at school and that's it not really going places or anything

Got a couple of things planned after exams though with those guys I still talk to, should be fun :p
hahaha yeah my friends and i are organising something after the exams also. going to hang out with all ma uni friends and then mayb at the next gathering, ill invite my high school friends yeah should be pretty cool :D iRuler, at least some people from hs still go to your uni..
there is like one girl that comes to my campus that went to hs with me, but i hardly ever see her and when i do see her, shes usually busy so yeah its just a quick hi bye sort of thing :cry:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
sounds good

I think about 40% of my grade is at uts though, which is a very large amount so not surprising I see them around (most are just hi/bye).

dudsmlc

HSC
skinny tie?? but i like!! :D :D good choice!
what shoes are you going to wear?
Unsure on whether I'll go a skinny tie or one I can use again for work. The shoes I am wearing will be Gaziano and Girling Fairmont in black. Why all the hate on DB suits?

Also, every picture I am seeing from people at their formals....the suits are too long. Jackets should just make it past the end of the wrist bone and pants should just touch the top of your shoes (if you're not wearing boots) when standing. My formal is costing me around $2500 - $1500 for suit, $600 shoes, $300 shirt and $100 tie. However, I love all things fashion and I do not mind spending this much as it doubles up with work anyway.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Unsure on whether I'll go a skinny tie or one I can use again for work. The shoes I am wearing will be Gaziano and Girling Fairmont in black. Why all the hate on DB suits?

Also, every picture I am seeing from people at their formals....the suits are too long. Jackets should just make it past the end of the wrist bone and pants should just touch the top of your shoes (if you're not wearing boots) when standing. My formal is costing me around $2500 - $1500 for suit, $600 shoes, $300 shirt and $100 tie. However, I love all things fashion and I do not mind spending this much as it doubles up with work anyway.
nice choice for the shoes!!!!! :D :D :D
yes, i agree...
i was in myer one day (in the mens section...dont ask why) and there was a sign describing exactly how long the suit should be and since then, every time someone wears a suit, i tend to think to myself..no mate, no!!! thats not how its supposed to be!!
$2500????? thats crazy expensive!! but i guess if you could make use of it, it would be worth it..
see for girls its different cos the dress that you buy can only be worn to like another party or something...so in the end you would have probably worn that outfit 3 times all up.

CecilyMare

HSC
i have my formal in two weeks and i haven't got dress/shoes yet

do you think short/knee or slightly higher length dresses are tacky for yr 12 formals?

HSC
N/A
is it like this except with a train:

Well... Not quite.
Got more boobs than that. :p
The corset will give my top half more shape.
But the dress will be shorter and like fitting to my body. [black satin bit]
Then the train will kinda ruffle[?] short at the front and fall long at the back.
Oh and huge silver/white heels with diamond thingos all over them.

So not the look I wanted... [Parents controlled this too. >_>]

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Well... Not quite.
Got more boobs than that. :p
The corset will give my top half more shape.
But the dress will be shorter and like fitting to my body. [black satin bit]
Then the train will kinda ruffle[?] short at the front and fall long at the back.
Oh and huge silver/white heels with diamond thingos all over them.

So not the look I wanted... [Parents controlled this too. >_>]
cool must have been expensive.

HSC
N/A
cool must have been expensive.
300. :/
+200 with the corset.
+130ish with the heels.

God knows how much the hair and make-up will cost.

I could be spending that money elsewhere OR even better, saving it. -.-

HSC
N/A
yeah... you're not very smart
My parents are doing everything.
I was going for a simple dress+design. It was still going to be eye-catching and what not.
With simple heels, and make-up and hair.

This new look however, is kinda 'old' and more expensive. I'm trying to vamp it up. [both meanings.]
I won't be surprised if it doesn't look good at all. They say it looks good to them. -.-
I wanted my Formal to be perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)