• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Formal (2 Viewers)

olay

HSC
haha my friend had his at the MCA last yr...there were all these lighting issues. :) ours is at four points sheraton in the city... hope its nice! :) anyone been!?

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Originally posted by Sharpshooter
but SBHSs is better coz we got 2Djs :p lol, prolly why we r paying more :(
and you're also in a different part of the museum, yeah? we're having ours (sghs) on the sixth floor...
Originally posted by nitemare*bythec
We were planning to go to MCA but apparently the set out isn't that great. They have poles everywhere
don't say that! our grade finally decided on something - which required about 5 different votes - after all that, I don't want to hear its crap. :eek:
but maybe you're right? (ive never been there but see photo)...

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by Sharpshooter
SBHS and SGHS are both having theirs at MCA, its a damn nice place :D also damn expensive, but hey, what better way for 2 selective schools to celebrate the end of yr12 than going to a museum... BTW both schools not having it at the same time, so if u go to both its just two formals at the same place, but SBHSs is better coz we got 2Djs :p lol, prolly why we r paying more :(
yes, it is a reeeeeeeeaally nice place, i cant remember any poles like that other person said.

Originally posted by olay
haha my friend had his at the MCA last yr...there were all these lighting issues. :) ours is at four points sheraton in the city... hope its nice! :) anyone been!?
i went there last year when we were looking to book our year 10 formal and checking places out. its a pretty nice place, and its got like a lounge room type thing outside where you can sit and yeh. i liked it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
how good would it be having a formal at the footy grand final...

/me runs for cover

^^

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
you guys had trouble accomodating 350 nitemare? lol.. we have 480 in our year 12... plus partners!.. apparently there is only 2 places in the city that can accommodate that many!... Dockside and Four Seasons Hotel.. has anyone been to either of these, what are they like?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by nessie_lee
you guys had trouble accomodating 350 nitemare? lol.. we have 480 in our year 12... plus partners!.. apparently there is only 2 places in the city that can accommodate that many!... Dockside and Four Seasons Hotel.. has anyone been to either of these, what are they like?
Wow! with a grade that big you'd think you wouldn't be allowed to bring partners...we aren't allowed to bring anyone from outside of school and we only have 180 people in the grade! Unless of course you go to a single sex school...

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
Oh well Our school is having the problem of too little people. The formal committee have to bribe, plead and threaten and still only got about 250 people with partner. We are going to the four seasons in city is it even good ?

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
Wow! with a grade that big you'd think you wouldn't be allowed to bring partners...we aren't allowed to bring anyone from outside of school and we only have 180 people in the grade! Unless of course you go to a single sex school...
no partners?
wtf
which school ?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by addict
that sux...what skool do you go to?
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
no partners?
wtf
which school ?
Baulkham Hills High...the excuse they've given us is that they want the night to be "special", and just for the school. I can't believe the formal committee people actually AGREED to it!!

Originally posted by nessie_lee
Teleph,. our other option was four seasons.... but i think the formal commitee went and booked Dockside... ahh who knows... formals are so political! lol
hey if u want it at dockside, u better book quick. We had that as one of our choices but another school had already booked their function there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)