Formals! (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
Formal?

Where is everyone going for their formal?

Fundraising going good?

My school is going on the Glass Boat on Darling Harbour, but no partners from different schools, i couldnt believe it, SUCKS!

Someone will get thrown off by the end of the night.

Going to go out with our Year Advisor afterwards, be so plastered and i think i have found where i will be sleeping, in a jail cell after being arrested by the police for drunk behaviour?

Good idea!

p.s. raised so much money for the formal

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Formal?

You guys have started organising already?

michael1990

HSC

yeah we already started

its already booked, somewhere around 20th November.

Haven't you guys started yet?

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC

yay michael1990 is a premium member :)

we've started to fundraise, coz ours is early September.

lol u guys seem really lucky to actually go out to places 4 ur formal, we're restricted to the local sporting club (damn rural area) :( bt maybe i could suggest something different this year (since it is our last formal!!!)

when do u guys get the chance to fundraise? we usually sell stuff at sporting carnivals, and gather money from socials (if we can lol), and maybe a rare pancake or pizza day. whenever we can get in before SRC and other year groups (who fundraise for sko0l camps).

HSC

+ norwest plaza. URGGGHHHHHHH kill me. no partners from out of school.
+ just pointing out my year 10 formal was in the school hall. beat that.
+ stop complaining about darling harbour + no partners when we end up at a local hotel!!!

michael1990

HSC

Kirsty Xx said:
yay michael1990 is a premium member :)

we've started to fundraise, coz ours is early September.

lol u guys seem really lucky to actually go out to places 4 ur formal, we're restricted to the local sporting club (damn rural area) :( bt maybe i could suggest something different this year (since it is our last formal!!!)

when do u guys get the chance to fundraise? we usually sell stuff at sporting carnivals, and gather money from socials (if we can lol), and maybe a rare pancake or pizza day. whenever we can get in before SRC and other year groups (who fundraise for sko0l camps).
yay i am a premium member???

we fundraise like every day:
frozen cordial cups everyday lunch- 60cents (that cost us almost nothing)!
Chocolates (fredos and such...)- $1 (buy a box for $24) with 48 chocolates in there
we did the Swimming Carnival
BBQ days ($2 sausage sandwich) and $1 can of soft drink

i might suggest the pancake day, something different, set it up in the QUAD would be okay?
but heaps of people?

michael1990

HSC

m.incognito said:
+ stop complaining about darling harbour + no partners when we end up at a local hotel!!!
thats gotta suck man

but whats the point of having a formal and not being able to bring say your girlfriend/boyfriend that go to a different school?

or not being able to pick where you go for your last ever social with people you may never see again?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

michael1990 said:
Where is everyone going for their formal?

Fundraising going good?

My school is going on the Glass Boat on Darling Harbour, but no partners from different schools, i couldnt believe it, SUCKS!

Someone will get thrown off by the end of the night.

Going to go out with our Year Advisor afterwards, be so plastered and i think i have found where i will be sleeping, in a jail cell after being arrested by the police for drunk behaviour?

Good idea!

p.s. raised so much money for the formal

Michael Its called the glass Island :)

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC

our pancakes were freaking awesome!!! we raised over $360 in just 3 days. and it wasn't such a bad return either especially when you shop around and bulk buy in wholesalers. we had jam, sugar, lemon, whipped cream and butter to offer.

lol i dunno, i fort i'd just say yay to u being a premium member. u fundraise every day? that's extreme man. besides, our sko0l is a health freak (nothing junk in the canteen already) so what we do end up selling has to be a rarity and we can't sell too much chocolate and stuff.

wait, wait, WAIT. i dunno what i'm saying. Our year 12 group doesn't organise the formal. Our SRC group does (which i'm a part of anyway).

So we (yr 12) do a bit of everything to fundraise for school gifts at the end of the year, and our SRC group fundraises for the formal. SRC has money put aside anyway, but we (SRC) usually have socials to fundraise and casual dress days etc.

lol since it is yr 12's last formal, why should they have to organise it? i dunno, it's jst how our sko0l works.

Last edited:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

no partners doesnt bother me that much.
I mean celebrate it with the people you have spent it with is fun.
However our grade isn't the best looking
only a few good lookers aye michael lol.

We make so much out of fundraising as michael said, we clear close to 100 everyday.

michael1990

HSC

Kirsty Xx said:
wait, wait, WAIT. i dunno what i'm saying. Our year 12 group doesn't organise the formal. Our SRC group does (which i'm a part of anyway).

So we (yr 12) do a bit of everything to fundraise for school gifts at the end of the year, and our SRC group fundraises for the formal. SRC has money put aside anyway, but we (SRC) usually have socials to fundraise and casual dress days etc.

oh okay because our year, well Fundrasing committee, fundraise for the formal but the formal committee decide where, when and so forth!

but couldnt be on both Committee's which sucked.

lol since it is yr 12's last formal, why should they have to organise it? i dunno, it's jst how our sko0l works.
lol
well the pancakes, seem like a mad idea, because they are soo good.

how did you make them?
sell them cold?
or make them to order (so HARD<<<)

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC

michael1990 said:
lol
well the pancakes, seem like a mad idea, because they are soo good.

how did you make them?
sell them cold?
or make them to order (so HARD<<<)
We have a massive-ass BBQ in the quad, so we brought those pancake container things that you just add water to and shake. so we made heaps right b4 lunch actually started and when the line started and someone ordered, the pancake come right off the BBQ or from the hot plate that kept already cooked ones warm. lol why would you sell a pancake cold? there wouldn't be any point.

the pre-pprepared pancake batter tastes nice already, and the best were the home brand ones, plus they were cheap. i think we sold them for $2 for one pancake with whatever topping/s you want or two pancakes for $3 with whatever topping/s you want. people usually brought 2 pancakes :). it all paid off in the end.

michael1990

HSC

Kirsty Xx said:
We have a massive-ass BBQ in the quad, so we brought those pancake container things that you just add water to and shake. so we made heaps right b4 lunch actually started and when the line started and someone ordered, the pancake come right off the BBQ or from the hot plate that kept already cooked ones warm. lol why would you sell a pancake cold? there wouldn't be any point.

the pre-pprepared pancake batter tastes nice already, and the best were the home brand ones, plus they were cheap. i think we sold them for $2 for one pancake with whatever topping/s you want or two pancakes for $3 with whatever topping/s you want. people usually brought 2 pancakes :). it all paid off in the end.
yeah i suppose that is bad, not a bad profit, would be a good idea.

well you would of sold a pancake cold, to have them already prepared?
because can't you buy cold pancakes from the supermarket?

cal-

Banned
HSC

Our formal is going to be shit.

It's also on the 28th on November, we leave the next morning at 6am to drive to syd airport (3.5 hours away) to go to surfers.

That's going to be FUN.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

cal- said:
Our formal is going to be shit.

It's also on the 28th on November, we leave the next morning at 6am to drive to syd airport (3.5 hours away) to go to surfers.

That's going to be FUN.
Suck shit to the actual driver.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC

michael1990 said:
yeah i suppose that is bad, not a bad profit, would be a good idea.

well you would of sold a pancake cold, to have them already prepared?
because can't you buy cold pancakes from the supermarket?
lol no it "isn't" a bad idea. i thort u could buy already cooked pancakes from the supermarket, like where the crumpets are and stuff. but u don't get many and cooking and selling wouldn't be as fun if you were gunna do it like that.
besides, the pancakes are kept on a moderately warm hot-plate so they're always warm. eating it cold obviously wouldn't be the same as eating it warm/hot. i suppose no one would buy them then either (if they were cold).

cal-

Banned
HSC

Nah our driver is a parent, we'll all be dead the entire trip.

michael1990

HSC

Kirsty Xx said:
lol no it "isn't" a bad idea. i thort u could buy already cooked pancakes from the supermarket, like where the crumpets are and stuff. but u don't get many and cooking and selling wouldn't be as fun if you were gunna do it like that.
besides, the pancakes are kept on a moderately warm hot-plate so they're always warm. eating it cold obviously wouldn't be the same as eating it warm/hot. i suppose no one would buy them then either (if they were cold).
this is true!

good minds think alike

trao06

HSC

m.incognito said:
haha, crowne plaza norwest is local to us too. our year advisor's threat was that if we didn't book a place by last week, she would book there which we REALLY didn't want!

we booked, so it's all good =] it's at l'aqua in the city in November.

we weren't allowed to fundraise this year because it would interfere with studies so we did everything we needed last term. we raised approx $1500, and have about $1000 leftover from year 10, but altogether that's for formal, graduation, gift to the school, end-of-school bbq/picnic etc etc.

if we need extra $ we'd just do chocolate drives or whatever. lol

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

michael1990 said:
Haven't you guys started yet?
Well, I'm not in Year 12, but in Year 10, we started organising our formal about August - and our formal was held on November 19 at the Star Room.

Was organised pretty well. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)