Formals! (1 Viewer)

meeggles

HSC
Re: Formal?

michael1990 said:
yay i am a premium member???

we fundraise like every day:
frozen cordial cups everyday lunch- 60cents (that cost us almost nothing)!
Chocolates (fredos and such...)- $1 (buy a box for $24) with 48 chocolates in there
we did the Swimming Carnival
BBQ days ($2 sausage sandwich) and $1 can of soft drink

i might suggest the pancake day, something different, set it up in the QUAD would be okay?
but heaps of people?

dude serious? we are only allowed to have one bbq/ice cream stall a term and the rest we have to raise through other things like hundreds club and raffles which are just lame.

our school booked out one of the golf club's in our local area (this thing is huge) it's not open to general public for the night so we have free reign on the whole thing!

formal is going to be sweet! better than every other year, simply because ours is the year that know how to party and party HARD!!<!-- / message -->

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

meeggles said:
dude serious? we are only allowed to have one bbq/ice cream stall a term and the rest we have to raise through other things like hundreds club and raffles which are just lame.

our school booked out one of the golf club's in our local area (this thing is huge) it's not open to general public for the night so we have free reign on the whole thing!

formal is going to be sweet! better than every other year, simply because ours is the year that know how to party and party HARD!!<!-- / message -->
well the shitness of our school makes up for this.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

28th of march is mine, cbf going.
No fundrasing or w/e

michael1990

HSC

Studentleader said:
28th of march is mine, cbf going.
No fundrasing or w/e
really no fundraising?

does your school pay for the whole thing?

or the students pay?

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC

Yeah our formal's at Le Montage in Leichardt.

It's a killer cost though.

$115.00 pp

No fundraising required (Which sucks for some tight-asses ie. myself included)

I'm actually pretty glad we can invite partners.

Ive heard there are some co-ed and even single sex schools that can't bring partners.

CHAT! :ninja:

michael1990

HSC

Kirsty Xx said:
lol don't start me!

oh plus i addressed the Fundraising Committee today, and most of them did not like the idea of pancakes!
i was like what the hell!
you are all idiots!
lol

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

michael1990 said:
really no fundraising?

does your school pay for the whole thing?

or the students pay?
students pay, some guy calculated he is paying like $40 per hour between the limo, suit and eneterance i think.

michael1990

HSC

jayciiee said:

Ive heard there are some co-ed and even single sex schools that can't bring partners.

yeah we can't bring PARTNERS it sucks!

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC

I have absolutely NO idea about where we're going for our Year 12 formal. We've got a formal comittee, but I'm not a part of them xD
We're not allowed to bring visitors from other schools either, I think.

michael1990

HSC

minijumbuk said:
We're not allowed to bring visitors from other schools either, I think.
It sucks hey!

I wonder why they don't allow partners from other schools to come.

My only explanation would be that they would not be able to find a venue to support such a large number?

scuba05

HSC

Stop your whinging michael.
The reason we cant bring partners is because our grade is so large, so we wouldnt be able to find a venue big enough to cater for all our year+dates and teachers.
Our fundraising is kicking ass, were up2 about $6000 to $7000, and the whole thing is $15000. OUr aim is to get in2 the formal for free, or like 20c tickets, so the only thing we pay for is the yearbook, which is going to be discounted anyway, plus grog, grog, and more grog for the afterparty.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

scuba05 said:
Stop your whinging michael.
The reason we cant bring partners is because our grade is so large, so we wouldnt be able to find a venue big enough to cater for all our year+dates and teachers.
Our fundraising is kicking ass, were up2 about $6000 to $7000, and the whole thing is $15000. OUr aim is to get in2 the formal for free, or like 20c tickets, so the only thing we pay for is the yearbook, which is going to be discounted anyway, plus grog, grog, and more grog for the afterparty.
yeah the OP sounds idiot.

adriana08

HSC

jayciiee said:
Yeah our formal's at Le Montage in Leichardt.

It's a killer cost though.

$115.00 pp

No fundraising required (Which sucks for some tight-asses ie. myself included)

hi! ^^
yeah.. mine's at le montage as well...why is your cost so high? ours is only $105 including everything...and we're not allowed to do fundraisers :pain:

its on friday the 21st of november..when's your's?
it should be good i've heard its a really nice place - overlooking the water and all - and our form's really close and we all know how to have fun. :uhhuh:

oh..and we can bring partners too even though we're a co-ed school

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC

Ooh, last year my grade had our formal at NIDA. At $100pp, including the $10 security deposit. We fundraised by selling chocolate but I think we haven't finished selling, therefore no one is getting there $10 back lol

Included venue, food, live band, DJ, photograper [actually we all paid an extra $2 for that lol]
Yeah it was pretty cool :D

As for this year's semi formal.. I don't think anyone has even started organising it... Still busy trying to finish selling off last year's choc I guess =.=

michael1990

HSC

-WaxingLyrical- said:
It'll beat our god awful year 11 semi easy though - possibly the worst semiformal in sydney. ever. It involved some idiot who doesn't even go to the school flooding the place. And us losing our bond.
We didn't even have a formal for year 11, our school didnt even organise our one for year 10. A parent did.

cathyjun28

HSC

adriana08 said:
hi! ^^
yeah.. mine's at le montage as well...why is your cost so high? ours is only $105 including everything...and we're not allowed to do fundraisers :pain:

it should be good i've heard its a really nice place - overlooking the water and all - and our form's really close and we all know how to have fun. :uhhuh:

Mine is also going to be at le montage! This place must be popular! Ours is on 18th November and it's $100 pp.:D

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC

adriana08 said:
hi! ^^

dude i seriously have no idea.

maybe my schools tryna rip us off.

like they always are with their little cheltenham schemes.

mines the 7th of november if i can recall correctly.

yeah apparently its beautiful. im excited for pictures and stuff :D

what school do you go to ?

Azreil

HSC

I'm on the Formal Committee for ours, we're having it at Newcastle Town Hall ;) With a DJ, catered dinner and all the decorations we're looking at $75 pp. But no partners, cause we can't confirm numbers with partners. And people are going to break up and all the drama would not be fun.

No partners means numbers are pretty much confirmed now and we can start doing invites and table seating whenever we want.

So, yeah.

Jess007

HSC

our school started organising ours last term i think it was. we havea 4 students and our yr advisor went around to a few venues and now we settled on
rydges 22nov
catered

themed decorations.pretty excited partners from outside are allowed so its going to be good.. then we r all going out after and partying :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Jess007 said:
our school started organising ours last term i think it was. we havea 4 students and our yr advisor went around to a few venues and now we settled on
rydges 22nov
catered

themed decorations.pretty excited partners from outside are allowed so its going to be good.. then we r all going out after and partying :)
Rydges in the city?

Ours is on 20th november, but were staying until 23rd i think.
We will be hitting up your after party lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)