Foundations of Law: Case Assignment (1 Viewer)

Lainee

HSC
Well... a credit average is usual I think? As to whether they -planned- it to turn out that way... maybe? :)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
did we get it back?
shame i was "elsewhere" for that seminar :p

howd everyone go?

04er

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
how much was ur case note worth? at uws ours is 40% :eek:
i heard the case you looked at was 60 pages long (!?) ours was worth 30% and the case was half that length... My mate at uws said the only thing that stopped her from going insane while doing the case note was her interest in the case (forgot what it was about).

= Jennifer =

HSC
04er said:
i heard the case you looked at was 60 pages long (!?) ours was worth 30% and the case was half that length... My mate at uws said the only thing that stopped her from going insane while doing the case note was her interest in the case (forgot what it was about).
yer it was a little over 60 pages and it was on immigration detention/constitution/judicial and executive/children in detention etc, it was a recent case as well so there was not much info on it so you actually had to sit and read the whole thing like 3 times to find all the answers properly and make sure you didnt miss anything

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Lainee said:
Well... a credit average is usual I think? As to whether they -planned- it to turn out that way... maybe? :)
I obviously don't go to Sydney, but I assume that they bell curve your marks - most law schools do. Your bands/percentages are a little different at Usyd compared to ANU, but in law 70% here would be a D (and would be a fucked up average).

Here they curve it to

(80%+) HD - 2 - 5% of people
(70-79%) D - 10 - 20% of people
(60-69%) C - 30 - 50% of people

From what I've been told, Sydney gives out a few more % HD's than us, and more credits (up to 65% i think), with less D's. So, a C average sounds about right.

Also RE: Citations, get the Australian Guide to Legal Citation, it's over 150 pages of citing goodness and is also free online! (and anything not in there is also wrong :p)

Last edited:

04er

HSC
My seminar teacher said we're getting our participation marks (structured and unstructured) tomorrow online but I'm not sure where. Does anyone know?

obviously this isn't exactly best place to post this question but I didn't feel as though it deserved a whole new thread :p

PopcornPixie

i throw popcorn at u! >:)
HSC
Hey, I have a feeling it's just gonna be a long list with student id's and marks. The webct section for Law isn't customised for each person or anything, so I -think- that's how they're going to do it.

Hope i got a pass mark. Haven't said anything in class all semester. Though, my attendance is flawless, so i hope it pulls me through.

04er

HSC
PopcornPixie said:
Haven't said anything in class all semester. Though, my attendance is flawless, so i hope it pulls me through.
Hehe that's the same as me... go us ;)

Last edited:

04er

HSC
yes!! it's up on webct under 'my grades' haha i got 7.5 and 8.0 respectively = complete shock and very happy :)

PopcornPixie

HSC
gratz!!! Well done =)

mine aren't up yet.

c'mon.. *sends telepathic messages to tutor* pass me!!!!

PopcornPixie

HSC
Thanks!!!... and yes.. XD

6.5 for participation, and 7 for the facilitation. (YAY!!!!!!!!)

04er

HSC
PopcornPixie said:
Thanks!!!... and yes.. XD

6.5 for participation, and 7 for the facilitation. (YAY!!!!!!!!)
That's awesome, well done :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)