Frankenstein/Blade Runner Essay (1 Viewer)

HSC
Wow.
I can't believe I just wasted 2 HOURS on these FORUMS!

I had so much to study!

Screw this...I'm out.

/thread

sugartits

HSC
The whole point of the paper is to test your critical thinking skills; as long as you addressed the question asked and didn't talk about flying squirrels then I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

Personally I talked about Victor and Tyrell's ambitious desire to scientifically progress, etc. and related that back to the composers context.
What if it was Tyrell's ambitious hubris to make flying squirrels?

amacone

HSC
Are you guys slightly mad that I predicted that question and had a 1200 word essay prepared for it, which I wrote in 38 minutes.
State rank here I come.
Stay butthurt, faggots.

ahranee96

HSC
I didn't read the appreciation bit! I wrote all about ambition. But I never once mentioned appreciation!!!! I just wrote about how it is trying to warn society of the consequences of ambition and i did comparison. But I never said anything about comparison! How much do you think I can get for that now???

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I did an acrostic poem... Not really, but I'm sure the artist markers may have enjoyed it.
I think it is wrong to talk about ambition in relation to the authors, as their ambition isn't fact, as in, we don't know as truth what they were trying to do through their texts (mainly Shelley, of course)... Everything that we deduce is our interpretation of the text.
Anyway, I spoke of ambition for success and recognition, mainly being Tyrell, Walton and Victor, and then with this the balance of ambition and 'doing what is right'.
I then simply compared the creature with the replicants (in particular Roy).
I hardly used enough quotes and techniques.
I expect 13/20

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
When I have this next year I dont know what will be my fate ... :( -> :...( -> *:(

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I did an acrostic poem... Not really, but I'm sure the artist markers may have enjoyed it.
I think it is wrong to talk about ambition in relation to the authors, as their ambition isn't fact, as in, we don't know as truth what they were trying to do through their texts (mainly Shelley, of course)... Everything that we deduce is our interpretation of the text.
Anyway, I spoke of ambition for success and recognition, mainly being Tyrell, Walton and Victor, and then with this the balance of ambition and 'doing what is right'.
I then simply compared the creature with the replicants (in particular Roy).
I hardly used enough quotes and techniques.
I expect 13/20
I would argue that Shelley is probably the composer whose intentions can be more accurately deduced since her figure as a feminist, Romanticist and an avid critic of the Enlightenment movement really all coalesce to point us in the same general direction... In any case, just because our interpretation of the text is subjective doesn't mean their purpose(s) aren't clear. The whole concept of Mod A revolves around identifying the composers' purposes, using their context as assistance, and Shelley's text in particular is well-renowned as a seminal Gothic text (which is by nature Romanticist), meaning there are values inherent within the text itself purely by nature of its genre which lead us to their purpose. In fact, I would go so far as to argue the Module already lays out the composers' purposes in the syllabus for you to consider in your argument...

Last edited:

Liv1712

HSC
I talked about the "wretches" in Frankenstein and Bladerunner's strive (ambition, used them interchangeably) to find a purpose in life, to achieve true humanity, and through comparison of the parallels between both texts, we can perceive that it is the creations, not the creators (Tyrell/Victor) who achieve true humanity, through their capacity to love and feel compassion.

Or something like that. Hope it's right! :alone:

tasa08

HSC
N/A
lol u failed. you dont talk about the author's ambition, you talk about Victor Frankenstein's and Tyrell's ambition to be creator and cause scientific progress. you're going to get such a bad mark and you should feel bad about that since the question was so obvious.
HAHAHA.

ChrisMueller

HSC
Uni Grad
lol u failed. you dont talk about the author's ambition, you talk about Victor Frankenstein's and Tyrell's ambition to be creator and cause scientific progress. you're going to get such a bad mark and you should feel bad about that since the question was so obvious.
How rude of you.

My thesis was that ambition is both good and bad.

BAD:
- blade runner - capitalism reflected through Tyrell
- Frankenstein - scientific progress/overly curious etc. Victor's "Unhallowed arts"

GOOD:
- blade runner - Rory wanting to be human and 'meeting his maker' in a very Christian way
- frankenstein - the monster trying to be a part of humanity, but is "unfit to remain in the society of men"

Hopefully I'll get at least a low Band 6. Obviously, I connected all this to social and personal context.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)