Frankenstein & Blade Runner Quotes (1 Viewer)

primbeegirl

HSC
Roy Batty quoting Blake "Fiery angels feel, deep thunder rolled around their shores burning with the fires of Orc,"

Slogan "more human than human," (paradox)

The creature in Frankenstien "I was bevevolent and good, misery made me a fiend," (juxtaposition)
It's actually a misquote of "America a prophecy" by Blake, which is "fiery the angels rise" It represents the way America was supposed to be some glorious golden land of opportunity but all opporunity has left for the off world.

Last edited:

primbeegirl

HSC
"How dangerous is the acquirement of knowledge and how much happier that man is who believes his native town to be the world, than he who aspires to become greater than his nature allow" (overarching ambition)

I like that beacause it is so ironic that Victor Frankenstein says it even though he was the one who overextended and played god.

Created a fiend whose unparalleled barbarity had desolated my heart, and filled it forever with the bitterest remorse

dancerofmagic

HSC
Whether it says "father" or "fucker" is pretty much your choice, obviously including the fact on which version you are studying...

But imagine if you were an old HSC marker and came across the quote and it said "fucker" instead of "father"... would you query this profanity as an insult towards yourself or a mis-write or would you just over see it?
Better to play safe and say "father"...

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
AGAIN AGAIN!

Holden - "You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down... and see a tortoise, Leon. It's crawling toward you... You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back, Leon. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.I mean: you're not helping! Why is that, Leon? "

Leon - "Let me tell you about my mother. "

Roy Batty - "You'd better get it up, or I'm gonna have to kill you! "
Roy Batty - "Straight doesn't seem to be good enough! Now it's my turn! I'm going to give you a few seconds before I come."

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Supposed to study the Director's Cut, because it isn't as studio-influenced as the original. More artsy, you know?
The Director's Cut says "I want more life, fucker" whilst the original has "father".

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Batty sucks. Disappointed it wasn't more like the novel. I wanted to see Mercer, damnit!

Han Solo was much cooler. Apparently he was a replicant, according to Ridley Scott. I have to fight my whole class on that since he wasn't in the book. :(

wabbits

HSC
"Learn from me...how dangerous is the acquirement of knowledge" - Victor
Shelly is suggesting that ignorance is bliss.

"but my eyes were insensible to the charms of nature" - Victor
use of personification.

Last edited:

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
i've watched it 3 times the directors cut says fucker

roy batty quotes of awesomeness!
Roy Batty - "Straight doesn't seem to be good enough! Now it's my turn! I'm going to give you a few seconds before I come."

assiduous

HSC

lolll yeah, i remember those quotes.

Paige23

HSC
Whether it says "father" or "fucker" is pretty much your choice, obviously including the fact on which version you are studying...

But imagine if you were an old HSC marker and came across the quote and it said "fucker" instead of "father"... would you query this profanity as an insult towards yourself or a mis-write or would you just over see it?
Better to play safe and say "father"...

No, you can swear in context. As long as you aren't swearing & using the quote just for the sake of swearing in your HSC, they won't mark you down. It is what is in the text, they cannot put you down for using a quote, if they were worried about us saying 'fucker' in the quote, they wouldn'tve chosen it as an HSC text...true??

gesh17

HSC
N/A

The first especially is awesome for so many reasons.

SurgicalPhoenix

HSC
We watched the directors cut with subs, says fucker. One english teacher went off, telling us to ignore what we heard... :S
I found this sig of Roy with that awesome quote if anyone wants. :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Blade Runner Quotes

Roy: Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent. I thought you were supposed to be good. Aren't you the "good" man?

Roy: Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?

Rachael: Is this testing whether I'm a replicant or a lesbian, Mr. Deckard?

^ Awesome quote. I lol'd.

Pris: I think, Sebastian, therefore I am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)