FREAKED OUT! Atar Estimate please stressing out right now! (1 Viewer)

fromsobi

HSC
Chances of 80+ atar if I performed moderately (80+ after aligning) in the the external exams?

Biology 104 / 134
English (Standard) 22 / 32
General Mathematics 11 / 44
Modern History 19 / 30
Physics 32 / 48

School rank: Top 40

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Possible, but your bio rank might cause some problems. You might be close though

bangladesh

HSC
It is possible... All depends on how you went in your hsc exams.

Another

HSC
N/A
I would not trust anything that Adrita says... every estimate from her is off by a fair bit, probably due to the fact that she just guesses and not actually researching the school rank cohort.

Back to estimates, it is pretty well known that the median atar of a rank 50 school is 88-90 so based on that and the school rank of 40 (2012), i'd say that you're looking at around 78-81 if you performed decently in externals. At best, you could scrap 85 but easily fall in the low-mid 70's if you didn't do well in externals. Your english rank is pretty mediocre, especially if it's standard and same with your maths which is general.

Hope this helps!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I would not trust anything that Adrita says... every estimate from her is off by a fair bit, probably due to the fact that she just guesses and not actually researching the school rank cohort.

Back to estimates, it is pretty well known that the median atar of a rank 50 school is 88-90 so based on that and the school rank of 40 (2012), i'd say that you're looking at around 78-81 if you performed decently in externals. At best, you could scrap 85 but easily fall in the low-mid 70's if you didn't do well in externals. Your english rank is pretty mediocre, especially if it's standard and same with your maths which is general.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, because you know exactly what I'm doing and thinking, and you also know me as a person.

I would not trust anything this person says about me, probably due to the fact that he/she judges, and does not "research" me enough.

Another

HSC
N/A
Thanks, because you know exactly what I'm doing and thinking, and you also know me as a person.

I would not trust anything this person says about me, probably due to the fact that he/she judges, and does not "research" me enough.
Then where did you get 92 from? There are quite a lot of other threads that you estimate which are uneducated and a lot of the times, way off. Seriously, giving estimates without knowing the school cohort is pretty dodgy.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Then where did you get 92 from? There are quite a lot of other threads that you estimate which are uneducated and a lot of the times, way off. Seriously, giving estimates without knowing the school cohort is pretty dodgy.
Uneducated? Tell me where your record of achievement is with correct estimates?
Sometimes I overlook Standard/Adv English.

Which I did again, unfortunately.

I go by predicted median ATAR for that school rank, relative to the person's ranks, and if raw marks are given then alignment.
No estimate is perfect, I never criticised you until you decided to completely out me like that.
Estimates are estimates. No need for you to butt into mine, give your own, and be happy with your own.

Another

HSC
N/A
Uneducated? Tell me where your record of achievement is with correct estimates?
Sometimes I overlook Standard/Adv English.

Which I did again, unfortunately.

I go by predicted median ATAR for that school rank, relative to the person's ranks, and if raw marks are given then alignment.
No estimate is perfect, I never criticised you until you decided to completely out me like that.
Estimates are estimates. No need for you to butt into mine, give your own, and be happy with your own.
Giving false hope is pretty dog, and clearly OP is in the lower third of his cohort which means he/she is below 90 with a couple of subjects that scale like crap. A 92 means that you need at least a few band 6's which might not happen for OP.

PS: Sorry if i offended you tho, i'm just trying to find the OP's best interests.

sleepyair

HSC
Estimating JUST above 80. But like someone said up there, depends on your externals on whether you get high 70s or low 80s.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Regardless, as long as you tried your best, that is all you can do, there is no need to freak out or panic, there is still, like at least three weeks before you get your ATAR, just enjoy and relax while you can, an ATAR really isn't the end all-you can get into the course you want in so many ways-and sometimes, in the same amount of time as someone getting straight in-via transfers and what not, don't stressed out and hope for the best:)

HSC
Its defiently in the low 80s range from those ranks but if you improve your overall ranks, it can increase your Atar.

OP, Your biology can boost you up abit if you increase your rank to top 20 by the end of the year and also try to improve all your other ranks.

By all means, don't stress and hopefully you will get what you want at the end. Just work hard and pick up your game from here.

fromsobi

HSC
Its defiently in the low 80s range from those ranks but if you improve your overall ranks, it can increase your Atar.

OP, Your biology can boost you up abit if you increase your rank to top 20 by the end of the year and also try to improve all your other ranks.

By all means, don't stress and hopefully you will get what you want at the end. Just work hard and pick up your game from here.
Mate, I'm a 2013er

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)