Free Laptop (1 Viewer)

Prosper

HSC
I hope you know that public schools get the same amount of funding as a private school. Btw, Public School Education > Private School educatio

~aussiegirl!~ said:
This is a pathetic idea!
$2545 on a laptop, mini? there like under $500 especially if the government is buying them!

I have been in catholic schooling ever since kindergarden and can i say that before you pansy arse public kids go on about how because we go to catholic or private schools that we apparently are provided the world..stop and think again.

I went to a school in western sydney and let me tell you we were the most unprivileged catholic school in the area. We had computers about 18 in about 3 rooms of the school and about 10 in the library. We had laptops too although let me say there the old IBM black shitty ones with xp on them. yeah really advanced aye? vista and everything, i think not!

So you little shit heads who want to bag out catholic and private schools just because we pay $900 a term for better education we do not actually have funds provided to us left right and center by the government and do not get tax payer hand outs such as these laptops. which by the time you receive them something much better will be on the market! We raise money for air conditioning for god sake! We don't get crap handed to us. If we want something we gotta work for it and i mean it! I left primary school and the money we raised for a/c by the time i left was not even installed and let me tell you those kindy kids who came in as we left were first privileged with a/c .

So suck it up and appreciate what this stupid government is for god knows why is giving you these so called $2000 mini laptops! :evilfire:

hairspray

HSC
Term 2?! I cant wait that long ! I'm buying my own in the summer holiday anyways.

bananamilkXD

HSC
i dont no if my school gets them D:
But i hope so :D it will be awsome:fish:

arjungamer123

HSC
No thanks. I think I'll keep my 4GB RAM laptop.

Fucking government, wasting money like this, especially in the middle of the worst Economics crisis since the Great Depression. First they remove free bus travel, halve the buses in my area, cancel the proposed Train station in Cherrybrook, and now, free laptops to every student, even those who don't need/use one.

Nice job labor government. Fuck this broken democracy.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The laptops are coming from the Federal Level. If they didn't distribute laptops they would have broken an election promise, which would would be zoomed in on very critically by the media. Besides, the only way out of this economic crisis is if people start spending. If people stop spending, the government has to make up for it by increased public spending to avoid recession.

All the transport crap is coming from the State level (which are really the ones doing a bad job). The state government are screwing the economy of NSW because they haven't got the money to increase public spending, so they start cutting back...which is exactly what helps lead to recession..:(

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
annabackwards said:
Not really, our education system is seriously in a critical condition.

Our year 8s in some areas are being beaten by yr 8 kids in Kazakhstan o_O

Article here: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24778073-601,00.html
Throwing laptops at students probally isn't going to do much to rectify this. There are better ways the money could be spend that would deliver far greater educational outcomes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)