Free uni education for all australian citizens! (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
We already have a very sweet deal when it comes to the cost of uni

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
How can anyone have a problem with HECS?

Saying you want free uni education is basically saying you want to pay substantially more income tax for your entire life.

It wouldn't be free at all. You'd simply transfer the money that's currently taken out of your pay to pay back your hecs loan, onto a general higher income tax. Unlike HECS, there'd be no end to it, because you'd have to fund future students.

Andi0390

HSC
I would think that maybe they should further decrease the HECS cost of national priorities but I would prefer the money that they would theoretically save on HECS to go to supporting students who have difficulty getting by, or by purchasing and renting out discounted student housing. I think that would be a better system than just living on campus with expensive accommodation or by giving out more money, or discounting HECS. I think HECS in important to discourage students who repeatedly fail or just enroll in university because they have nothing better to do. If anything, I think the best idea would be to increase first year fees and decrease later year fees, to sort the serious people from the others.

DTFM

HSC
The system we have is pretty good. Use up your HECS studying for a few years, then relocate to a better country where you can earn more and repayments won't come out of your paycheck.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
God, i hate those facebook petitions. They dont even bloody work, dammit.

Besides, I dont mind the HECS system, and i personally think that its pretty good.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
The HECS system is amazing though.

The eligibility for youth allowance requirements is what gets me cut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)