Freedom of Speech (1 Viewer)

murphyad

HSC
With the heated discussion regarding the moral justification of the state, I feel is another question to be asked regarding freedom of speech - does the state have a right to 'police' freedom of speech?

Imo freedom of speech should be monitored by the state insofar as that it should censor perspectives that advocate the removal of free speech or actively enforce it somehow, through public beatings or whatever.

HSC
Hmm. Interesting. That's a tricky one. I mean, obviously we don't want to be like China. BUT...by the same token, we can't just have anyone saying anything. But the problem is, who gets to decide what's right?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
With the heated discussion regarding the moral justification of the state, I feel is another question to be asked regarding freedom of speech - does the state have a right to 'police' freedom of speech?

Imo freedom of speech should be monitored by the state insofar as that it should censor perspectives that advocate the removal of free speech or actively enforce it somehow, through public beatings or whatever.
why don't you read one of the 50 million other threads about it

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A
hahahahaha

murphyad

HSC
hahahahaha
Perhaps I should clarify that I meant that the state should 'censor' those who conduct public beatings, not that agents of the state should conduct public beatings.

Gah this is a fail of a thread. Perhaps I will just delete it.

kokodamonkey

HSC

to ensure good moral character.

Lentern

HSC
Anyone ever notice how in Brave New World whilst we were all made to be so shocked like 99% of people were really really happy?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

Is this meant to be satirical?

HSC
Freedom of speech is totally overrated. I think that people should be able to police every single word we say. In fact, I think we should all be fucked in the arse by police. 8======D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)