french notes!!! (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
how do you download this?
No idea, but no worry. Most people's French notes consist merely of two parts--a short summary of French grammar; and a compilation of brief prepared answers for the speaking exam and writing exam, including templates of authentic French letters, postcards, emails etc. for the latter. They usually don't number more than 20 pages. You can make your own in no real hurry. Just double-side photocopy the French grammar summary pages in the back of your textbook, if there is one, and highlight the important parts. Tapis Volant 4 has a good one, if I recall correctly, if your prescribed textbook is bereft of a grammar summary. For the second part of your notes, go to the library and borrow, or snatch off from your teacher as many French textbooks, be them SC, HSC, VCE, GSCE or A-level level textbooks; magazines; and books, and read as much as you can of the French found in them while also copying any of the letters, emails, postcards etc. that you like along the way onto your computer to use as templates. Do not to do the exercises; you won't have the time. As well, whilst you are doing this, copy any of the expressions that you find nifty along the way onto a notepad, remembering to colour code by writing the French in red and English translation in blue in order for your brain to absorb the French better. It's a good idea to also get a second notepad or small A4 book, say 48 pages, to write down any French idioms (apparently teachers love to see French idioms in the writing tasks) that you like during your reading of French, remembering as well to colour code and also separate the idioms into sections based on their themes such as a section dedicated to idioms relating to anger. You can start this by going to a library and borrowing a book dedicated to French idioms and finding and copying expressions there, which will save you some money by not buying such a book itself. Carry these notepads wherever you go so you can read over them whenever you're bored or find yourself idle such as when you're traveling to school by bus or something like that. You can also go to hsconline.com and print off the advice given there. For the speaking aspect of your notes, just type as many answers as you possibly can and make them rather long, say a minute or longer for each answer (the examiners always adapt to your answers by trying to ask you questions that they know you won't have prepared in advance so it's a good idea to type answers to questions you guess they will ask in following on to your prepared answers), and give them to your teacher to mark or you could be cheeky and find a French buddy on a French forum or something like that to type the answers for you, but I wouldn't recommend you to do this unless if you are really desperate and do this only once and for good reason such as getting the marks needed to get a job that helps people such as becoming a diplomat, aid worker or translator. After you have done all that, just read all over the stuff you have got again and again, and the French should sink in. Also, go to this site-

http://french.about.com/od/mistakes/a/beginning.htm

and read everything pertaining to common French mistakes, including the links aimed at advanced learners of French--your knowledge cannot transcend your experience.

Cheers.

Last edited:

sm_moon

HSC
I'm not too sure about this but is there a trial exam for beginners french speaking? so far i've had mixed responses from my peers saying we do or we don't.... so do we have trial or do we jump straight into the actual exam??? help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)