Friend chose different IPT elective in trials, got full marks but received 0 marks (1 Viewer)

lemon1

HSC
As the title states, he chose a different elective topic, got full marks, but received 0 marks because it wouldn't be the 'same' in the report. At the end of the day he didn't care, he just want the mark/rank to increase, regardless of what it says on the report to which topic.

From what i see, they would just have to make a separate report for the person, as to the change of criteria.

Should he have received the marks? Also, would he have had to do the same elective in the HSC exams?

There are 4 electives and you only do 2.

Thanks

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Friend chose different IPT elective in trials, got full marks but received 0 mark

Wait what, why is this being brought up so long after trials?

If he did a different elective well, he deserves the marks. He probably should have told them that he wanted to study a different one, but he does not deserve a zero!

And yes, he could do whatever one he wanted in the HSC, they don't know what school you're from so you can do whatever elective you like.

lemon1

HSC
Re: Friend chose different IPT elective in trials, got full marks but received 0 mark

Wait what, why is this being brought up so long after trials?

If he did a different elective well, he deserves the marks. He probably should have told them that he wanted to study a different one, but he does not deserve a zero!

And yes, he could do whatever one he wanted in the HSC, they don't know what school you're from so you can do whatever elective you like.
He started thinking about it and started stressing out, at first he accepted it because he thought they were correct, but now after i spoke to him, i advised him that it's bullcrap and he deserves his marks.

madharris

HSC
N/A

He started thinking about it and started stressing out, at first he accepted it because he thought they were correct, but now after i spoke to him, i advised him that it's bullcrap and he deserves his marks.
I don't think there's anything you can do so far after trials, as the final marks and ranks have probably been sent into the board of studies

lemon1

HSC

I don't think there's anything you can do so far after trials, as the final marks and ranks have probably been sent into the board of studies
I guess so :\

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

He can try, as we have to confirm our ranks after the last exams anyway. It's a pretty dodge move on the school's part. What did he do in his actual HSC (I dunno if that exam has happened yet).

Rawf

HSC

That's pretty bs imo. He deserves some marks if what he wrote was relevant or answers the questions given in the other elective.
For HSC you can choose to do a different elective HOWEVER.. it's a pretty stupid decision as you don't even know what you're doing is correct. Basically, even if you know almost nothing in your elective, don't try doing one that you haven't learnt. It's better to do the one that you have learnt.. who knows, maybe ideas will come to you when you're writing (happens to me quite often).

lemon1

HSC

He can try, as we have to confirm our ranks after the last exams anyway. It's a pretty dodge move on the school's part. What did he do in his actual HSC (I dunno if that exam has happened yet).
Yea the IPT test has finished, and yes his is a very good IPT student, he really knows his stuff. So you believe he still has the option to fix it? The test still stays in the teachers hands and has not been capable of being altered in any way.

That's pretty bs imo. He deserves some marks if what he wrote was relevant or answers the questions given in the other elective.
For HSC you can choose to do a different elective HOWEVER.. it's a pretty stupid decision as you don't even know what you're doing is correct. Basically, even if you know almost nothing in your elective, don't try doing one that you haven't learnt. It's better to do the one that you have learnt.. who knows, maybe ideas will come to you when you're writing (happens to me quite often).
He would have gotten full marks for that elective section, and he actually chose that section because he studied it :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Yea the IPT test has finished, and yes his is a very good IPT student, he really knows his stuff. So you believe he still has the option to fix it? The test still stays in the teachers hands and has not been capable of being altered in any way.

He would have gotten full marks for that elective section, and he actually chose that section because he studied it :p
If I was him, I would contest it. I mean they will be putting assessment ranks up soon and there must be concession to still change it if there are errors. If he deserved 25/25 or whatever the option was out of, he might deserve a really high rank and this could affect his HSC mark. That said, the teacher in Q obvs instigated this, if the head teacher supported, he should pursue the principal, if not that, the BOS themselves. If they didn't want to mark other options, why were there still the Qs on the question paper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)