friends attempted suicide (1 Viewer)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
they may not want it, but they are aware that death inevitably draws attention to them.

just saying.
Yeah, once you're actually dead.

You kinda hope it's a big fuck-you-all, but you really know no one will even care or notice you're gone.

That's why you're fucking doing it in the first place.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I agree my first statement was too sweeping.

I know how hard it is to pigeonhole potential reasons for suicidal tendencies. In reality, there is probably just a few random triggers that are difficult to quantify.

HSC
N/A
Yeah, once you're actually dead.

You kinda hope it's a big fuck-you-all, but you really know no one will even care or notice you're gone.

That's why you're fucking doing it in the first place.

no way woman, there is always someone out there who cares. In most cases a lot of people would be absolutely devastated. i.e. family and close friends.
But I can see how suicidal people may think otherwise at the time.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
no way woman, there is always someone out there who cares. In most cases a lot of people would be absolutely devastated. i.e. family and close friends.
But I can see how suicidal people may think otherwise at the time.
My dad tells me how HE will kill me. My family want me out the house.

When I was at my worst, I had no proper friends, they bailed.

Sometimes no one cares. I move every few years. Sometimes there is no one in your life you can rely on.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Suicide, whether attention-seeking or not, is an extremely selfish act. It is done without regard for how it will affect their family and friends, and the so-called "relieving of suffering" is achieved only at the cost of inducing it in others.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Suicide, whether attention-seeking or not, is an extremely selfish act. It is done without regard for how it will affect their family and friends, and the so-called "relieving of suffering" is achieved only at the cost of inducing it in others.
Shut up you fucktard. They often think they are causing others to suffer too and this is the best way.

Do some damn research into mental illnesses before you contribute.

HSC
N/A
My dad tells me how HE will kill me. My family want me out the house.

When I was at my worst, I had no proper friends, they bailed.

Sometimes no one cares. I move every few years. Sometimes there is no one in your life you can rely on.
wow you either have a psycho family or have done something reallyyy bad.

jk, my parents do similar things. You'll get through it, soldier.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
bkm, tell us about your experiences with suicide.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
If I'm suffering to the extent I've lost the will to live, but my family are forcing me to carry on for the purpose of their feelings, making me suffer the worst pain to make them feel better, who is the one being selfish in this situation?

It's an unbelievably fascist expectation. "Don't feel this way, carry on doing all this pointless bullshit, your relationship with me must make me feel good, you must only do things that make me happy, you must be convenient for ME, because I don't want to feel sad and my emotion is all that matters". The family should be supportive, but the suicidal person should never feel they've been selfish for holding an emotion, or acting on it.

The attitude you're expressing just adds to the shame and stigma of suicide, making it worse for those who might otherwise feel they could be open about it.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
really sorry if that came off as me being demeaning or whatever, but i'm genuinely interested. you don't have to answer.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Shut up you fucktard. They often think they are causing others to suffer too and this is the best way.

Do some damn research into mental illnesses before you contribute.
I think that is complete bullshit.
I will support people who are suicidal, but once it is commited, as well as sadness I would feel anger against the person who did it.

Of course, there are circumstances where this is not the case, but the majority of suicide cases are middle-upper class white people who think they've got it real tough. Now, if it was someone who was poverty stricken, has no family and thus truly has it tough, then I have nothing but sympathy towards them.

What the fuck do you mean by research? A goddam survey? Bull. Shit. Of course people aren't going to say that they want to commit suicide because they disregard the feelings of others. They're going to say "Oh, people just don't understand me. They'd be better off if I were dead".

quik.

HSC
I only know of one person who has 'attempted' to commit suicide a couple of times, and in general I'm pretty sure they were not real attempts just attention seeking. Obviously she is not the standard, but it's the only experience I have on the topic. Having said that, I generally believe suicide is the 'cowards way out' kind of thing, you don't deal with your problems you just neck yourself and let other people deal with the fallout.

But if you are asian and have dishonoured yourself or your family (uai under 98), then it's the right thing to do.

shell.q

HSC
i have unfortunatly just lost a friend to suicide....but then again was aware of it. i met her in hospital. i attempted suicide first week of the holidays and spent a while in hospital
i had done it before, but i hadnt meant it as much as i had then. before when i did it i spoke about it to friends and what not. my last attempt...and hopefully my last was different, like your friend. i didnt speak to anyone over the last six months about my pain i was suffereing not even my psyc. i meant it more then anything becuase i didnt tell a friend so they could stop me, i didnt tell anyone simply because if i even told a stranger they would try stopping me n i didnt want that, i wanted out. i have my reasons

what i would suggest, yeah okay so u can ask if she is okay now...but not everyday. i have only told a few friends and personally i wished i didnt, because they were always asking if i was ok...it drove me up the wall.
she will recover and the best way for you to cope is possibly talk to someone yourself and keep that open relationship that you have. =]
hope it works out okay sure it would just let her no u r there for her which im sure u have x

shell.q

HSC
i wrote my reply with only reading the first post....for me the suicide was not an attention seeking method. why did i not tell anyone?
it was becuase of my depression i felt a burden to other ppl....i was no longer going to be this person....therefore no it wasnt selfish to me
also i have been fighting the pain inside for to long and at the time i wanted out of it. you can not understand the pain that someone with a clinical depression goes through unless you have it yourself, it is draining mentally and physically. it can not be explained really.

no it is not an attention seeking method, it only is if someone plans it and tells everyone.
no it is not selfish in our minds, we are a burden to other people and we will no longer be that, and we get told to do things for ourselves over and over again because most people with depression puts others before themselves. for once we are doing something for ourselves!!!!!! :burn:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Suicide is a selfish, attention seeking ruse. It's not something that you could easily identify if someone didn't want you to. If you aren't that close anymore, I wouldn't beat yourself up.
Yes how selfish of her to have depression. I want it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)