friends attempted suicide (1 Viewer)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Alright, I'll quit posting here, because honestly, I don't want to offend anyone, nor incite in them anger. My opinion is my opinion, and on this issue I have no intention of convincing other people to share my views.

rozymisty

HSC
Last year I was having a really shitty year and was thinking about suicide but then thought nah i cant do that etc etc. Things kinda picked up and talked to someone about it.

Then i found out that my sister was very depressed and stuff coz she found uni and stuff hard and was still struggling to cope with her friends death the previous year (car accident, i think the fact that she nearly was involved is what affects her more).

she had a breakdown and then one night mum found out that she overdosed on panadol and she took her to the doc and went to see a pscyologist and she wasnt wanting to go and got bad etc.

Then when mum and i were in sydney she rang up in a state and thankfully my bro went around to get her and help her out. She went back to the doc.

Then one night, literally the night when i had trouble and broke down myself at work..she rang me really late at night and asked what would happen if she took 14 aspirin tablets and i asked if she did take them. She said yes and i said that she had to ring mum coz at the time she was living out of home with my other bro. She didnt want to wake mum up. I asked if she could come to my place if i paid for the taxi but she said that she'd be fine.

I went out of my room and started askng what could happen and broke down. My housemates agreed to drive me to her place and take her to the ER. I lied to my sis and said the taxi was nearly coming and she was like dotn worry im fine... I was close to calling an ambulance and even the police before i got there but didnt coz it didnt take long to get there.

Drove over there, didnt tell her that we were taking her to the hospital. She thought we were going to mine. We pulled up to the hospital and she refused to go in and caused a scene nearly. 2 of my housemates drove us home in the other car while the others went inside and asked what would happen and what we could do.

We got home and got some takeaway. She slept on my bed and teh whole night i had my hand on her back to make sure that she kept breathing as i was really paranoid she was going to bleed to death and die.

I smsed my mum and she rang me back soon after and came and got her to take her to the ER. She got seen to apparntly very quickly and blood tests etc, then they took to the psyciatric ER part. I wnt there to sit with her after 3pm coz mum had to pick up the dogs from the groomers and so i sat there with her. It felt like a bloody dungeon or something and really boring!! And scary coz this guy kept pacing up and down and i kept hoping that he wasnt going to come outside. She eventually got seen to and they were wondeing whether to admit her or not. Mum didnt want her staying in the mental health ward coz of all the schizo pts etc.....and believe me i have done prac on that ward and it is scary!!!

They didnt admit her and she went back to live at mums and ended up losing her job in the long term coz they werent sympathetic with her calling in sick coz she was breaking down so often.

she has picked up now, after finally getting a full tiem job as a office support person and she's enjoying it. Gives her something to do. she's going to try going back to uni next semester, taking it one step at a time.

So it proves that you can 'come around'

But comments like thsoe earlier taht its selfish and stuff...unless you've had a really blue day and felt there is no way out of it and you are just plain miserable, then you cant comment on it.

And you cant always see the signs. Just look at like Mark Priestly...some of his co-stars knew that he had depression but other signs were well hidden..thats what pple do, they try and hide it so they dont get attention and then that gets them more depresseed and pushes them closer to the edge.

HSC
My ex took all the pills in her house and went to sleep.

Her parents heard her convulsing through the night and she was taken to hospital where they had her stomach pumped.

She then spent a month in a mental institution with the schitzophrenics. Technically she wasn't allowed to leave, but she did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)