Fucking Hell!! (1 Viewer)

FLR-IT

sorri for use of obscene language

just how im feeling right now!!

fucking called up the advice line today and asked general questions on legal studies and essays

and it turns out that i am so fucking lost!!

i honestly dont know if they have confused me or if it was me that was fucking lost all year.

GOD DAM!!

i dont even know wat legal issues and remedies are!!

FUCK!! i dont deserve my 2nd place FUCK!!

connie

HSC
N/A
legal issues can be basically any issue eg, discrimination in the workplace, recognition of ATSI marriages, dismissal, surrogacy etc.

remedies always confuses me too, i know in the case of domestic violence a remedie is an AVDO.... i think courts and legislation are remedies

i'm sure if you came second you are doing fine!

meh

dude calm down calm down

when u get into the exam; the exam paper isn't going to ask you to recite the syllabus, its going to ask you general questions

you know that there are issues, say within family law, such as the fact the homosexual couples cannot legally wed and together -they cannot adopt. A legal REMEDY for this can be anything the govt/courts try and do to ease that kind of situation; such as make the De Facto legislation wider or something of that order

usualy in any text book - you have the intorductory chapter with definitions, then a chapter on issues and then an evaluation chapter.

PM me if you need more help but damn, chill!

Anna

FLR-IT

yeh but the problem for the essay questions is that i dont really understand them. All i end up doing when i see it, is just start talking about all this crap in the topic that doesnt neccessarily answer the question.

wat pisses me off more, is that i just spent 8hrs on family law, called up the advice line 3 times and if u ask me to do an essay on it right now im not sure that i can even get 20 out of 25.

after studying all other subjects for long hours, you end up reaching that point of enlightenment and say "ohh yes i get it now" but its just not happening for legal right now. and im just really fucking annoyed and then when that happens u automatically start to panic and say ohh shit "i must be doin something worng" and when u dont noe wat it is u get really really tick'd off

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't stress, its not as bad as you think. Have a template for your essay: that is, choose three or 4 issues within your topic that you will talk about. And then, have a look at the themes of the course. The question will be taken from this. When you are answering the question, just make sure you phrase the question in your answer i.e. if it is about morality, you say "and this is how a society's ethics and morality is reflected within the legal system"

mememe

Originally posted by YEAR12
Don't stress, its not as bad as you think. Have a template for your essay: that is, choose three or 4 issues within your topic that you will talk about. And then, have a look at the themes of the course. The question will be taken from this. When you are answering the question, just make sure you phrase the question in your answer i.e. if it is about morality, you say "and this is how a society's ethics and morality is reflected within the legal system"
That's great advice actually. It saves me writing tonnes and tonnes of notes, i mean almost all the questions they can ask you involve the discussion of legal issues don't they?

Morality, ethics and commitment
Legal issues and remedies
Effectiveness of the legal system
Law Reform agencies and issues that give rise to the need for law reform

Then you just use your issues to fit the question. Is that what you mean?

mememe

Just say the question is e.g. effectiveness of the legal system for individuals, would u structure your essay based around the syllabus (access, time, cost, enforceability, rights of individuals etc) and use the issues as examples,

OR would you discuss each issue and individually weigh them up against these criteria

Get what i mean?!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You can do it either way, I would personally do it the second way because you get to talk about your issues in more detail, showing you have an understanding of both your issues and the notion of effectiveness within the legal system.

Ringo

Originally posted by YEAR12
You can do it either way, I would personally do it the second way because you get to talk about your issues in more detail, showing you have an understanding of both your issues and the notion of effectiveness within the legal system.
+1 thats how I've been doing it all year

mememe

So far in the HSC they've asked really general questions where you can use your own issues etc, but are they able to ask something much more specific this year?

e.g. Outline legal issues and remedies faced by DE FACTO COUPLES

...instead of just asking for "family members"? So that means it's harder to use your own issues?

HannieStar

No because the general gist of each question is the same for every option.

E.g.
Discuss the key features of the legal system and the ability of the legal system to address issues in relation to YOUR TOPIC (e.g. family, IP etc) and that will be the same for all topics- so no stresses about that. Crime is the one to be scared about when it comes to specifics-and thats the one I am screwed for (half laughs half cries)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't mind it, Im just not that good at applying it, I always wanna get into too much detail. Do you think they'll ask about the criminal justice issue this year?

mememe

I hope they don't ask about the criminal justice issue, just because i've only just learnt it, but i think it is somewhat likely. I went through and circled all the things they haven't yet asked in the crime syllabus, it's really helpful to see what you really need to know.

mememe

Do you reckon they will have an international crime scenario? (gawd i hope not)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't think it would be that bad if they did, theres only 3 types of international crime so it would be easy to identify.

Oh and FYI, I was talking to one of the teachers who set the exams this year, and all the social sciency people were told to be 'unpredictable'. So this may well mean that things that have already been asked will be asked again. Just a little warning to not overlook the things that have already been asked.

connie

HSC
N/A
i still don't even understand what a criminal justice issue is???!!!!!

overall though crime is definately the easiest section out of the whole paper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)