FUTURE STUDENTS of 08 (1 Viewer)

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
exospacial said:
I'm moving into Bruce on the 13th. You think there will be some firsties or older guys to talk to before o-week?
There will be some later-years (eg, me) that are here over the summer, and would around Bruce (mainly the self-catered end), as well as Internationals, RA and SR.

Evilo

HSC
bikapika said:
lol i thought everyone will be moving in on the 16th
Nah they want to let you settle down before you meet the rowdy bruce Evilo equivelents.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
bikapika said:
lol i thought everyone will be moving in on the 16th
generally true, but there are always people who has to be in earlier due to things like flight arrangements, meetings with course supervisers etc.

also, international orientation is on the 14th, so there will be some internationals around then.

apple2

HSC
Yay!!! Just got the news I was accepted in late round for PhB (Science) and was offered both a region scholarship and a PhB scholarship! Unfortunatley I can't have both but still, can't complain. So happy!!!!:D:D:D:D
Look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
apple2 said:
Yay!!! Just got the news I was accepted in late round for PhB (Science) and was offered both a region scholarship and a PhB scholarship! Unfortunatley I can't have both but still, can't complain. So happy!!!!:D:D:D:D
Well done! :)

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
exospacial said:
I'm moving into Bruce on the 13th. You think there will be some firsties or older guys to talk to before o-week?
that's the day that i'll probably be moving back to bruce...

do you know what wing you're on yet?

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
apple2 said:
congrats :) nicely done. might see you round a bit, i guess...

so what're you going to do in science? (maths, physics, chem, etc...)

apple2

HSC
Still not sure what i'll do, probably leaning more towards chem, maths and biological science type subjects. And yourself? Any good subjects you could suggest?

pieboyslim

HSC
Hi all, i will be starting an b commerce/engineering this year. i have a question.... im wanting to major in civil engineering, i know anu doesnt have civil as a major but i googled "anu civil engineering" to see if they had any units to do with civil engineering and construction. i found this http://www.anu.edu.au/ro/documents/RFCD.php#290800 are these units you can take or something completely different.

im planning to finish my commerce degree and first year engineering subjects then transfer to unsw to do civil. im pretty sure this is possible but i may wrong. does anyone know if unsw and anu first year engineering units are similar or not.

p.s im waiting for an accomodation offer like some of you are on here... should i be calling them up to see what the deal is or wait...? im from sydney btw nice to meet you all

Last edited:

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
apple2 said:
Still not sure what i'll do, probably leaning more towards chem, maths and biological science type subjects. And yourself? Any good subjects you could suggest?
i'm pretty much doing straight maths these days... ;)

um. can't really suggest much. though maybe if you're interested in maths/philosophy then consider doing MATH1007, Poetry of the Universe. supposed to be reasonably interesting and not too difficult. i'm doing it this semester as a bludge course.

in first year there's really not a whole lot of choice with chem and maths, you just basically do the main honours streams. bio has a bit more choice, i think. anyway, there'll be plenty of people from each department willing to help you choose - the PhB info session at the beginning of o-week is basically there to help you with all that.

I am here!

HSC
N/A
humphdogg said:
i'm pretty much doing straight maths these days... ;)

um. can't really suggest much. though maybe if you're interested in maths/philosophy then consider doing MATH1007, Poetry of the Universe. supposed to be reasonably interesting and not too difficult. i'm doing it this semester as a bludge course.

in first year there's really not a whole lot of choice with chem and maths, you just basically do the main honours streams. bio has a bit more choice, i think. anyway, there'll be plenty of people from each department willing to help you choose - the PhB info session at the beginning of o-week is basically there to help you with all that.
Hey humphdogg - this info sesh, do you think we should've heard of it by now? Or do they just round us up once we're there?

(Could it be a Science-only thing?)

chromaKi

HSC
Hey everyone,

I'm coming back to the ANU this year to (hopefully) finish what I once started many, many moons ago - medical science.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
I am here! said:
Hey humphdogg - this info sesh, do you think we should've heard of it by now? Or do they just round us up once we're there?

(Could it be a Science-only thing?)
well it's still a fortnight away, i imagine they'll tell you later on.

and there was one for science kids and one for arts kids, if i remember correctly...

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
chromaKi said:
Hey everyone,

I'm coming back to the ANU this year to (hopefully) finish what I once started many, many moons ago - medical science.
Hey I'm doing med sci too... I'll probably see you around. :)

I am here!

HSC
N/A
humphdogg said:
well it's still a fortnight away, i imagine they'll tell you later on.

and there was one for science kids and one for arts kids, if i remember correctly...
Cool - I suppose I'm just a little too control freaky (it's the coffee).

kretzy

HSC
Did anyone from Melbourne go to the pre-departure evening last night? I forgot to RSVP so I didn't bother. Did I miss much?

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
I was going to go, but then something else came up. Oh well.

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
Hey! I went, except I'm not even sure if I'm going to ANU anymore. I was hoping that someone from BoS came. I was going to 'borrow' some more name stickers from the ANU people and write "BoS" on each of them, plastering them all over my T-shirt, but everyone left too quickly for me to bother. In fact, I was the last one to leave.:sleep:

But yeah, you didn't miss anything. It was... ordinary. I actually forgot about it until my mum mentioned it on the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)