Future UNSW Students Rollcall (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hehehe actually once you hit 2nd year of your degree, your high UAIs won't count for anything. Nor will the typical "Baulkham Hills or Sydney Boys" do the trick. Rather it'll be like...what's your WAM.

Beware :) Uni is nothing like High School. But still! Give it your best shot 08'ers!

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
*steels self*

... Maybe I'll just ditch the Med Sci and go for Adv Sci. Bloody MBBS... WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO GET INTO?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Well said, Rekusu.

Welcome all to UNSW! Good luck everyone.

Bel_T

HSC
Hi :) I'll be doing computer science on coop...and I sure hope I made the right choice...

HSC
Bah, I remember Primary school teachers telling me that highschool was goina be a whole lot harder, and it wasn't really, and now it's the same thing with university.

At each stage of the education system people try to scaremonger you, so you fail :D

Also, what's WAM ?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
WAM = Weighted Average Mark

It is the average of all your uni marks for every course.

First year is not too bad, especially the first five weeks which is a complete bludge. Then second/third year was bad.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol.
trust me dude. Uni > Highschool.x10

WAM = Weighted average mark. it's the "weighted average mark" of the results that you get in all of your units.

AS for me:
2nd Year Unsw'er! ;D
lol.

See you guys at the o-week. =p
hahah

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
At each stage of the education system people try to scaremonger you, so you fail :D
Believe what you want. See you in a few months.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
shinji said:
lol.
trust me dude. Uni > Highschool.x10

WAM = Weighted average mark. it's the "weighted average mark" of the results that you get in all of your units.

AS for me:
2nd Year Unsw'er! ;D
lol.

See you guys at the o-week. =p
hahah

yea dude.
rmb our table tennis comp. :p

HSC
While I'm here, are gym facilities free for university students?

And what is this table tennis comp you speak of? You can play table tennis for free too? :D :D :D

HSC
Vylen said:
Thanks!

And wow, I can't believe how expensive it is. Here at UNE, Gym membership - for public - is quite literally slightly more than 3 times less than the student prices at UNSW, and UNE's student prices is over 4 times cheaper :eek: :eek: :eek:
(On the Bronze Pack)

Why is it so damn expensive? Are city gyms cheaper? :confused:

Vylen

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Thanks!

And wow, I can't believe how expensive it is. Here at UNE, Gym membership - for public - is quite literally slightly more than 3 times less than the student prices at UNSW, and UNE's student prices is over 4 times cheaper :eek: :eek: :eek:
(On the Bronze Pack)

Why is it so damn expensive? Are city gyms cheaper? :confused:
well, no not really.. prices are higher cause its in (or near) the city. So there's a lot more people who will go to the Gym, compared to UNE in armidale.

This also explains why there's like 3 (last time i counted) Fitness First gyms in Sydney CBD alone. and Fitness First costs a lot more than the uni gym (considering student discounts)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)