the diff'rence
HSC
gogoogggoo

5. Rez HD
4. Ninja Gaiden 2
3. N+
2. Braid
1. Fallout 3

will expand to 10 when i get the chance, still need to play prince of persia, dead space, left 4 dead and a handful more

PsychoNerd

HSC
LittleBigPlanet, and MGS4... AND GTAIV... AND SKATE.

That is all. can't wait til next year.

Switchback

HSC
N/A
Fallout 3 - PC

Sidenote: Enjoy your console gaming idiots the GECK has been released for PC - We are going to be playing mods while you all sit there and do the same repetive missions and encounter the same bugs.

GECK the Garden of Eden Construction Kit (FO2) is the construction kit for Fallout 3 exclusively for PC it functions much the same as TES Construction kit and can be used to create mods.

But hey at least you might get some DLC but it will cost you - Wont it?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Valkyria Chronicles. It's just a shame that I have to play it on a friend's Playstation, I can't really justify spending $300 more than an X-box 360 for just one game.

My personal top 5:

1. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
2. No More Heroes (Wii)
3. Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
4. Dead Space (PS3, 360, PC)
5. GoW 2

Fallout 3 is unbelievably overrated. It lacks a great deal of depth and has a dreadful story. While it's a good game in it's own right, I'd vote for Fallout 3 as one of the biggest disappointments in 2008 and nowhere near the top 10 considering the amazing releases that we've had this year.

My 3 biggest disappointments

1. Wii shovelware. They've even ported Playstation 1 games to Wii, my god
2. Nintendo (3 good releases in 2008 and one of them, Wiifit, isn't even a game)
3. Fallout 3

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
i know its not 2008, but COD4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I havent played but will place highly :
COD5 [hopefully my xmas pressie]
farcry 2

have played:
no love for crysis:warhead/crysis wars? good singleplayer[but a bit short] a few new guns, stand alone, great multiplayer. Seems like a contender

fallout3. Enough said, you either love it or hate it[and even if you hate it, you can see why people would love it]

WOTLK. cant argue with sales. Massively popular, hundreds of hours of added play time, epic community, will consume your life. Good if you allready have WoW, if not stay away[especially if you have stopped playing recently]

C&C3/red alert3 both good games. RA3 was slightly overrated, for some reason C&C3 didnt seem to have great sales despite being imo a better game. Both are great though i would love to see one of them place in the top 10

GTAIV. Its a good game, maybe put it at about no.8

edit: GOW2? ok that game kind of sucked. For so much hype i didnt see what was so great about it. My friend bought 5 copies of it on release day so we could lan when our friends finished work, i played through the single player in about 8 hours. Yeah i had fun, and yeah the multiplayer was also good fun but it was nothing special. It just blends into the crowd of kinda fun games for me, Single player had no replay value, multiplayer had a few new modes but i cant see myself playing it for hours on end.

Last edited:

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
I had incredibly high hopes for Fallout 3, which was bad since i came out disappointed at the end.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Just got GTA IV for pc, gotta say best game ive had for a while, hectic game though requires high spec pcs

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Hakz said:
Just got GTA IV for pc, gotta say best game ive had for a while, hectic game though requires high spec pcs
u serious? ive only heard bad things about it, the reason why im reluctant to grab a copy. How would u rate it against GTA: San Andreas, if uve played it?

badquinton304

HSC
MGS4 for GotY 2008, it provided the best gaming experience in years, it had a great storyline, excellent gameplay, heaps of replay value, the MGS series really went out with a bang. You will see another GTA4 in a couple years with probably with gangsters of an asian ethnicity as it has not yet been covered. You will never see another main series MGS again and you will not see a game like this for a long time. I choose not to purchase GTA4 this time around as I had played GTA3 to death, then GTA:VC and then San Andreas, I guess I got tired of GTA. I think a series should go out on a high instead of slowly dying with time, MGS took the option of going out with a big bang with MGS4. The years of work really paid off. This is why MGS4 deserves GotY 2008.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
wrxsti said:
u serious? ive only heard bad things about it, the reason why im reluctant to grab a copy. How would u rate it against GTA: San Andreas, if uve played it?
Oh San Andreas when i got it back in the days was maddd and was still enjoyable until i got GTA IV. The new gta is also very good i love the graphics and all, just 1 let down is the requirements.

GTA SA: 9/10
GTA IV: 10/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)