Gaming Computer (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Built my PC and it can run bf3 on ultra. Very fast :)
Were you the one using dual 560ti's? BF3 is crashing every ~10 mins for me with updated drivers on one 560ti, graphics are on high or ultra and runs smooth as but randomly it will crash, once my whole comp froze :( Just wondering if anything similar happened to you or anyone else, cos google gives me like 5 different solutions and I cbf to try all of them and probably not achieve a fix.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Were you the one using dual 560ti's? BF3 is crashing every ~10 mins for me with updated drivers on one 560ti, graphics are on high or ultra and runs smooth as but randomly it will crash, once my whole comp froze :( Just wondering if anything similar happened to you or anyone else, cos google gives me like 5 different solutions and I cbf to try all of them and probably not achieve a fix.
hmmm, I do get random "BF3 stopped responding messages" occasionally - when I get into a jet and it would just freeze and I would have to kill the process in task manager. But it's probably flaws with the game itself and nothing with my hardware.

jamesfirst

HSC
I'm not getting those on my SLi.

The FPS does drop to 30 sometimes so I play it on high setting so that it never suddenly lags. Also, the grass area in Operation metro flashes sometimes but it's not a problem.

The FPS on ultra stays around 70 and sometimes 130 in the smaller areas in metro and other small maps.

This is me building this PC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SypUN6XNTyw&feature=g-upl

Edit: I never had any freezes during the game.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I'm not getting those on my SLi.

The FPS does drop to 30 sometimes so I play it on high setting so that it never suddenly lags. Also, the grass area in Operation metro flashes sometimes but it's not a problem.

The FPS on ultra stays around 70 and sometimes 130 in the smaller areas in metro and other small maps.

This is me building this PC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SypUN6XNTyw&feature=g-upl

Edit: I never had any freezes during the game.
Nice video, I wanted to do a video like that, but then I was like hmm cbf lol - Was thinking mounting a video camera to a top corner of my room but meh.

The game runs really smooth on Ultra for me. I just need to buy a monitor, cause atm I have a beast computer next to me which I can't use, unless I move it elsewhere which i cbf doing since I've done that 10 times already. ><

btw why didn't you install that internal HDD in the case? did you have room?

Did you throw away all the boxes and packaging for your components?

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Might play for a lil bit now and see if it's still doing it, also it not once gave me an error message it just instaclosed or in one case froze entirely :(

jamesfirst

HSC
Nice video, I wanted to do a video like that, but then I was like hmm cbf lol - Was thinking mounting a video camera to a top corner of my room but meh.

The game runs really smooth on Ultra for me. I just need to buy a monitor, cause atm I have a beast computer next to me which I can't use, unless I move it elsewhere which i cbf doing since I've done that 10 times already. ><

btw why didn't you install that internal HDD in the case? did you have room?

Did you throw away all the boxes and packaging for your components?

The HDD outside is an old HDD from my old computer. It's 240GB and I didn't want to install it inside the case because the capacity is too small xD.

The camera died halfway and couldn't film the rest of it :(

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
The HDD outside is an old HDD from my old computer. It's 240GB and I didn't want to install it inside the case because the capacity is too small xD.

The camera died halfway and couldn't film the rest of it :(
Hmm fair enough, though my Case can store like over 5 3.5" HDDs i'm sure yours can? Is it worth keeping the boxes for warranty purposes?

jamesfirst

HSC
Ye I keep the boxes in case I will sell these in the future.

And I think mine can store like 4 more HDDs. But I'm going to buy a lot of 3TB HDD in the future :)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Ye I keep the boxes in case I will sell these in the future.

And I think mine can store like 4 more HDDs. But I'm going to buy a lot of 3TB HDD in the future :)
ahaha sell? by the time it's ready for selling it will be worth 5 bucks :p - ehh I have no room for all these boxes :/

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
ahaha sell? by the time it's ready for selling it will be worth 5 bucks :p - ehh I have no room for all these boxes :/
GTX280's can still fetch a fair amount, Shows how much you know.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
GTX280's can still fetch a fair amount, Shows how much you know.
depends when he wants to sell them. 10 years later. no one would wana buy it considering the hardware usage and age.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You are a absolute retard.

The GTX280 is on par with the GTX460 is terms of power, the 400 series has DX11, which most games dont even use to the fullest.
Thats a 2 year gap in terms of age and usage.

Any retard that keeps hardware for 10 years deserves to lose out in the end.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
You are a absolute retard.

The GTX280 is on par with the GTX460 is terms of power, the 400 series has DX11, which most games dont even use to the fullest.
Thats a 2 year gap in terms of age and usage.

Any retard that keeps hardware for 10 years deserves to lose out in the end.
If the system suits the user's needs then I don't see why it wouldn't be suitable to keep for 10 years. E.g. this gen of consoles or word processing computers.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont think it's viable to keep computers for 10 years, I mean I still have one that works (pentium 3), but it's so useless and all it can be used for is basic word processing and paint, even then it's so slow it gets annoying.

I think if you use your computer for about 4-5 years that's enough, you need to move ahead with teachnology.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If the system suits the user's needs then I don't see why it wouldn't be suitable to keep for 10 years. E.g. this gen of consoles or word processing computers.
Console =/= Computer.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I dont think it's viable to keep computers for 10 years, I mean I still have one that works (pentium 3), but it's so useless and all it can be used for is basic word processing and paint, even then it's so slow it gets annoying.

I think if you use your computer for about 4-5 years that's enough, you need to move ahead with teachnology.
Still got a P4 and runs word processing and internet browsing perfectly fine - even runs basic games like age of empires II and just runs Halo 1. bought it in 2001.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol who uses a computer for just word processing etc... (old people dont count)

my P4 died, dont know what happened to it, was 4.5 yrs old.

I think I'll see if it starts up again (been off for a yr), and see if I can turn it into a small linux server for storage/streaming or something, lets see how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)