Gaming Computer (1 Viewer)

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
who gives a crap just buy what you can afford. no sense in buying something that you can't afford because some internet weirdo told you to.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
who gives a crap just buy what you can afford. no sense in buying something that you can't afford because some internet weirdo told you to.
True, that's why I'm doing heaps of research to back up any recommendations I see here.

EDIT: Hmm, after reading this http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1795250 Maybe a TN screen is the way to go for gaming, since they have faster response times.

EDIT again, found this post as well

"Ignorant is going with a monitor just because it has a lower response time instead of thinking it through, gamer or not.

Let's look at the facts:

1ms = 1/1000 of a second

2ms response time = 500fps

4ms response time = 250fps

8ms response time = 125fps

I don't know ANYONE who uses a monitor in ANY display mode with a refresh rate higher than 120Hz. So, an 8ms response time would be adequate handle 120Hz. As someone who has been a gamer since video games have existed, I can say that 8ms is *more* than adequate, even for hardcore gamers. Anything beyond that is market hype meant to sell cheap 6-bit monitors.

And, as a gamer who also does OTHER things with my monitors, I would choose a monitor with 8ms response time that has TRUE 8-bit color for things like image/video editing over a 2ms TN panel that can't display any sort of color gradient to save it's life.....

Now, if you're a gamer, and all you do is gaming and you have some non-existent computer and video cards capable of playing games at 1920x1200 (or 1080) at 500fps (which would be the framerate required to demand 2ms response time), then by all means, pickup a TN panel........ But I doubt you do, so at this point, you're simply showing that you got caught by the marketing hype and bought into the whole 2ms response time as actually having value, which it doesn't.

Same thing with these 120Hz and now 240Hz HDTVs. People swear that it makes fast-motion video look crisper. I'd like to see that considering the video source itself is limited to 30/60fps (30fps in 1080, 60fps in 720). More marketing hype. Another way to charge more for the same old displays...... Fools...... "

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/54419-3-best-monitor-ever-beautiful-samsung-t240 (about mid way down) hmm I always thought it wouldn't be noticeable... omfg I hate the computing market in all honesty, I think the business / marketing side is designed to fuck a lot of people up.

Last edited:

liangson

HSC
bro, do u use DDR 3? if not, u should really buy two, 1 or 2 gb each

nelson1234

Banned
HSC
Hi everyone! gaming computer is very entertaining for those people who keeping the interest of play game......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)