Gay friends (2 Viewers)

mggail

HSC
i have a couple of gay/bi mates and it doesnt bother me all that much although we dont really talk openly about it, just the way it is... one of them has the best fashion sense tho, love getting ready to go partying with him- he gives the best advice on what to wear :p

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I haven't cared, maybe I've asked them a bunch of questions about it but I've never intended to be annoying or whatever, I'm just fairly inquisitive.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Don't really care, I have male and female gay friends and it doesn't bother me.

Because the majority of my friends are straight I do tend to put the sexuality of my gay friends as a fairly major identifying feature in my mind, not in a negative way though (I don't think, anyway). E.g. I know two guys with the same name, one of whom is straight, the other is gay. So in my head when I distinguish between them it's like: [friend], german, in the army, a twin, brown hair; [friend], gay, works @ wherever, blonde, good dancer.

And like in conversations if someone says [person] and we're like which one you pretty much always say ''gay X'' or ''german/army X'' just 'cause it's an easy distinction and neither of them take offence to it.

James Frederick

HSC
I have alot of gay friends. I dont personally care about their sexual preferences. Me and them had been friends way before i found out so why should it matter right?

HSC
When my friend came out to me, I can't say I wasn't...not shocked but more...hmm...it did change how I saw her...but maybe that was more the fact that I realised she was sleeping with a girl much older.

But, in the long run, it didn't make any difference.

benhaddad

HSC
if a close friend of mine were to tell me he was gay that would be fine as long as he wasn't interested in me.

that would just make it too awkward.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont really have that many gay friends, but i would treat them differently, because they are potential partners.

i find as a gay friend i dont really get treated much different, except i get a few stupid questions (e.g. do you get turned on by your own junk etc.), and do quite often get introduced as "this is townie...... he's gay"

HSC
i dont really have that many gay friends, but i would treat them differently, because they are potential partners.
Yeah...makes sense.

i find as a gay friend i dont really get treated much different, except i get a few stupid questions (e.g. do you get turned on by your own junk etc.), and do quite often get introduced as "this is townie...... he's gay"
Is that annoying or do you get used to it?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Tulipa, does it annoy you that discussions of gayness almost always assume we're talking about gay men?
Whoops, just saw this. Eh, not really. I was going to say that there are more stereotypes associated with gay men - the whole fag hag idea springs to mind - but there are a lot of stereotypical lesbians too.

Plus, I find that both men and women have a similar reaction to their friends coming out, either they don't care or they worry they'll get hit on if it's a friend of the same sex.

I get more annoyed when people still insist that I'm in a "phase".

HSC
I get more annoyed when people still insist that I'm in a "phase".
Agreed. Every single adult...well, shouldn't say that...um...with every single person over 25 it has been like this:

Me: I think I'm bi.
Them: Well, you know it's very common during adolescence for your feelings to fluctuate.
Me: GRRRR.

They may be right. I just wish they wouldn't jump to that every time. It makes me more confused. :(

Napstar

Banned
HSC
Agreed. Every single adult...well, shouldn't say that...um...with every single person over 25 it has been like this:

Me: I think I'm bi.
Them: Well, you know it's very common during adolescence for your feelings to fluctuate.
Me: GRRRR.

They may be right. I just wish they wouldn't jump to that every time. It makes me more confused. :(
Just bang a heap of both sexes and when you get bored with one you'll know your answer.

Or if you don't get bored you'll at least be a mad party trick.

williamc

HSC
but you wouldnt care if your mates talked about how they fucked some lowie with huge tits? Homophobe to the max.
i'm not a homophobe. I can chill out with gay people. I just dont want to hear fucking ridiculous sex stories.

heterosexuality is normal and yes i wouldn't find it absurd for one of my mates to talk about some lowie he dicked.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
i'm not a homophobe. I can chill out with gay people. I just dont want to hear fucking ridiculous sex stories.

heterosexuality is normal and yes i wouldn't find it absurd for one of my mates to talk about some lowie he dicked.
Well that sort of is a bit homophobic if you can listen to hetero sex stories but not gay ones.

Not that I care, but you know, just for the health of the discusiion.

HSC
Just bang a heap of both sexes and when you get bored with one you'll know your answer.

Or if you don't get bored you'll at least be a mad party trick.
Thanks so much for that helpful advice. I'll try it and get back to you. ;)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Have plenty of homosexual friends, heterosexual friends and all other sexualities... Is there meant to be a certain way to treat each different sexuality? lol. They're all bloody humans and I find nothing different about each of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)