Gay Marriage and Gay Couples having children (through surrogate, adoption etc) (1 Viewer)

What are your views?

• Total voters

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
You don't think that parenting ability matters in being able to have kids, so what does matter?
I don't know about you, but ussualy one has to have a kid before they become a parent, because otherwise how does one properly figure out if they're going to be a good parent or not? It's one of the biggest fears for expecting couples for a reason...

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
that wasn't really his point lol

if i understand correctly he is saying that it is absurd to not let homosexuals be parents because they might be "bad for the children" because there are heterosexual couples out there that are just as bad yet not prohibited from having kids. Bad parenting is not inherent to homosexuality.
ding ding ding! We have a winner

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
stop posting
you're on the verge of being even worse than hayabayashithead

seriously, if you have nothing of value to contribute then dont
shitting up the place with awful posts serves no purpose other than to draw attention to how terrible you are
used argument against lolsmith

unoriginal kid uses it against me

I think it's quite clear who's WORSE (you - if your incompetency acted as a hindrance to formulate this understanding)

jmk123

HSC
I think gays should be allowed to get married etc, but neurologically speaking it is innatural for kids to develop without both a father and mother figure in their lives. They will be psychologically affected in ways which transcend treatment, kids cannot have only one sex in their lives. This is same as kids growing up with single parent, they have same psychological effects.

Gays cant have kids, end of story imo.

Frostbitten

HSC
I think gays should be allowed to get married etc, but neurologically speaking it is innatural for kids to develop without both a father and mother figure in their lives. They will be psychologically affected in ways which transcend treatment, kids cannot have only one sex in their lives. This is same as kids growing up with single parent, they have same psychological effects.

Please post the links to the numerous surveys supporting this theory in from which you so bravely remark "end of story".

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A

So does this mean we should ban single parents?

jmk123

HSC
So does this mean we should ban single parents?
Well ideally, yes, if the kids are at a young age and one parent is gone, they will not develop to be the same as other kids. The single parent thing though, is unfortunately uncontrollable. Gays having kids IS controllable. We should always try to minimise problems in society, gays having kids is something that can be minimised by our control. Single parents is something that will just have to exist, its uncontrollable.

ANd I dont "so bravely remark 'end of story'", I am just saying it SHOULD be so, that gays arent permitted to have children, and that SHOULD be the end of the story. I have no authority, just suggesting an opinion.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm down with this

What about when someone is actually making the dumbest argument you've ever read, and everyone else can see this, and you just want to let that idiot know?It could be a useful contribution in bullying and belittling that idiot.

Yeah it's really the way to go imo.

Yeah the world's in a real population crisis.

No reputable scientific organisation, in psychology, mental health, pediatrics, opposes gay parenting, many have issued strongly supportive statements. So it's a fundamental observation that same sex parenting is basically equitable with heterosexual parenting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_parenting

orly

m8, if you rent your house with the condition "no pets", some cunt can not sue you when you evict them for keeping a large dog.

This scenario you propose has never happened, are you high right now?

People can pursue frivolous legislation for any reason, why exactly are you singling out sexuality when there are a million fraudulent and frivolous reasons someone could take you to court?

Why is that worse than being wrongly found guilty of other crimes or acts of discrimination? Why are you singling out sexuality? Should we abolish all crimes where there is the possibility of someone being wrongly found guilty?

Discrimination on the basis of sexuality is presently illegal, I don't understand why you think a change to the marriage act will affect this, it 100% won't.

What about religious edicts that command homosexuality/adultery/apostasy as grounds for killing someone, should this be legalised to avoid inhibiting the expression of religion?

Why do you draw the line on the reasonable expression of religion as ending at discrimination, and not other measures such as outright violence, imprisonment, etc? Should I be able to open a public register listing the names and addresses of known homosexuals so I can avoid offering services to them?
1. Sure, you can purport it as the 'dumbest argument' but where is your justification for this? This thread demands justification for certain viewpoints, otherwise you will inevitably fall into the persona that dominates lolsmith (i.e. whatever I say goes - I don't need to justify myself)

2. You are agreeing to half of my posed proposition; and you are neglecting the subsequently mentioned implications

3. I'm not saying that it currently is. Your egotistic self probably couldn't care less about what happens to the world in the future - but with the continuum of time, the population base will decrease profoundly with continued and increased unnatural reproductions

4. Of course they do not directly oppose gay parenting. That would be promoting a negative organization image. They do highlight the importance of having both parents (that is, the parents with differing genders not same-sex)

5. Yes, the father and mother compliment each other. Obviously, if the father or mother is absent from the home, the left parent tries to play both roles. The original role is not brought to authenticity because that is like getting a dog to be a cat, but it will always be a dog

6. Of course the proposed hypothetical has never transpired, because statute is not in the favor of same-sex marriage. (7) - Similar to what you were alluding to, society has become very litigious; we sue at the drop of the hat. Let's increase this, right? That is extremely positive, right?

8. (7 was up there, before you brand me as incompetent) But we should increase the amount of crimes we can be falsely convicted of, right? Is that the situation you want? So you desire? There are amendments continually initiated to ensure a higher prospect of just outcomes, but same-sex marriage is a concept where it is absent or present, you cannot "half-initiate" same-sex marriage

9. No, because it is supportive of the moral code; murder is immoral. If we legalize what you have proposed, it conflicts with the current statute; just like same-sex marriage would.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Well ideally, yes, if the kids are at a young age and one parent is gone, they will not develop to be the same as other kids. The single parent thing though, is unfortunately uncontrollable. Gays having kids IS controllable. We should always try to minimise problems in society, gays having kids is something that can be minimised by our control. Single parents is something that will just have to exist, its uncontrollable.

ANd I dont "so bravely remark 'end of story'", I am just saying it SHOULD be so, that gays arent permitted to have children, and that SHOULD be the end of the story. I have no authority, just suggesting an opinion.
Yes well... Some of us aren't comfortable with the idea of other people dictating what we can and can't do because of their opinion on what SHOULD and SHOULDN'T be. Single parents doesn't mean fucked up children, fucked up people generally though not always lead to fucked up children

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

People said the same about kids from interracial marriage "oh they wont be normal." How are gays having kids cause problems to society? I'd say deadbeat parents who can't raise a child are more of a problem then a gay person WHO WANTS to have kids. People who WANT to have kids are always going to be better than a parent who doesn't want to. My dad grew up with 6 siblings and my grandparents only wanted 4 kids. Guess how it affected the last 3 kids to be born.

So many ad hominem arguments in this thread it's astounding. There's some high end rhetorical skills coming from spiritual being right here.

Frostbitten

HSC

I still want to see these studies. Your opinion is worth as much as dog shit if it isn't informed, it is invalid. I would expect a person would want their opinion to be valued and to serve as an actual contribution.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A

I just remembered. Single parenthood isn't uncontrollable as you say because I believe (though somebody might fact check this for me) that in stolen generation times being a single parent was enough for your children to be taken from you. Though for obvious reasons this was stopped.

jmk123

HSC
I still want to see these studies. Your opinion is worth as much as dog shit if it isn't informed, it is invalid. I would expect a person would want their opinion to be valued and to serve as an actual contribution.
I read about these things in various magazines, I dont remember the source of these things, I just remember the content I read about. Feel free to disregard my opinions haha, I indeed have no proof of these opinions, im just stating what ive read. Dont believe me if u dont want to.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
gays shouldnt be allowed to have kids, my source and my argument is non existent, cant wait to see the hate i cop for my opinion.

jmk123

HSC
pretty harsh opinions to deny someone rights just because that's your "opinion." much like the opinion of the government to steal children from the aborigines to save themselves from their own "savagery."
Rights? its a right to raise a child? Its a responsibility more than a right man.

And fine, so be it, I have a harsh opinion about this matter.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Rights? its a right to raise a child? Its a responsibility more than a right man.

And fine, so be it, I have a harsh opinion about this matter.
I'm pretty sure gay parents who WANT to have kids have greater responsibility than those who don't want to have kids.

jmk123

HSC
I'm pretty sure gay parents who WANT to have kids have greater responsibility than those who don't want to have kids.
I agree wholeheartedly that gay parents, especially gay men, can often be much more supporting and caring of children. HOWEVER the effect is internally in the child's mind, it grows up lacking fundamental components of its gender development.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)