General Discussion of Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Examine

same
HSC
I'd like to re-emphasise on what Daniel said

http://www.facebook.com/HscBusinessStudiesCramApps

The page and the apps are actually amazing. The page usually gives contemporary issues for various businesses relevant to the syllabus and will be one of your top tools when making case study notes.

Last edited:

Troller

Lol
HSC
Does the app have coursecontent or is it just for the syllabus and case studies?

Examine

same
HSC
Does the app have coursecontent or is it just for the syllabus and case studies?
Covers every syllabus dotpoint thoroughly in the form of videos (basically being a portable textbook) I found it very efficient because you can practically use it any time and the person who has made it has covered the content really nicely. Also it is very handy to use, I personally used it whenever I wanted to do quick revision (when travelling on the bus, waiting for dentist appointments, right before I go to sleep, etc). It is really worth the money.

Examine

same
HSC
During the half yearlies I had made minor notes which just addressed various questions which might have occurred in the exam. Although they're not too good, where I copied most of it off the BIA textbook, some people might find it somewhat helpful

http://www.mediafire.com/?1j7qpy66716xw9m

Examine

same
HSC
Also I'll be giving away some parts of my notes that I used before the HSC exam (namely a photocopied version of summarised info/stats for Qantas for the whole syllabus (4 pages) and a very summarised, dotpoint version of various other businesses (Adidas, Dixon Clothing Group, Apple Inc., McDonalds and L'Oreal just to name a few) (2 pages).

Just to clarify, this is different to the notes I had made [which is (16 pages) for the various businesses case study and (22 pages) for Qantas] which I'm only giving to select few people.

PM me for details

Last edited:

Troller

Lol
HSC
Hey Examine, Just wondering how much does 0.2% mean to the final HSC mark, because I got 14.8% out of 15% in the first assessment. Huts wondering if it will affect my marks much.

iBibah

HSC
Hey Examine, Just wondering how much does 0.2% mean to the final HSC mark, because I got 14.8% out of 15% in the first assessment. Huts wondering if it will affect my marks much.
It will only directly effect your raw assessment mark, which will in turn effect your rank, which then effects tie final hsc mark. It really doesn't matter what you got, what matters is the rank and the difference between ranks.

Examine

same
HSC
It will only directly effect your raw assessment mark, which will in turn effect your rank, which then effects tie final hsc mark. It really doesn't matter what you got, what matters is the rank and the difference between ranks.
Basically this. Also i'm not sure about other schools but my school tended to round scores off, so 0.2% would not make too much difference if your school does that.

Examine

same
HSC
Hey Examine,
from what troller said about the cram apps, do you think they're worth the value they're priced at .
I think it's quite costly but i want someone else's opinion, like is it good for just general. Thanks starting
this awesome thread, I've gotten a lot of really good tips out of it. Also do you think at this early stage of
the year, is it more important to learn the content now or learn various definitions such as what cost leadership
is, etc. Our teacher set us this work over the holidays as well as practicing multiple choice and that's
about it. Any input would be of great assistance as I'm feeling really under done.
Cheers (I'm also an accelerant but don't feel like it)
It depends on how much you use it, though I generally think that it is worth it. It is pretty much a textbook on your ipod touch/iphone (covers every syllabus dot points) plus it's very convenient, since you're pretty much able to study at any time with it. Although it seems like it costs quite a lot in the longrun it was well worth it for me and most other people who buy it. Also it brings a different style of learning, which can be more effective for some people (listening instead of reading). Although obviously you can get a decent mark without it I found it to be a really handy app and used it religiously.

As for the setting of MC I think it was a pretty good move by your teacher (definitely need quite a lot of exposure for MC). For me, the definitions were never too hard and once I learnt the concepts the definitions would just come to me tbh. I'd probably go for the concepts so you have a holistic understanding of the topic, and then after that you can just revise definitions though usually after that it's common sense.

Also don't worry about feeling like you haven't done enough. As long as you know the concepts to the point where you can answer short answer questions and form essay/report plans in your head in little time you'll be fine.

Last edited:

hasdhil

HSC
hey thanks for all the links and advice; could you please pass onto to me a copy of those 2012 papers; it would be great.

Examine

same
HSC
Hey Examine,
I guess your right and thanks for your input, but I was also wondering about the need to do practice papers. Troller pointed out to me that he found it difficult to obtain some of these past papers, so I was wondering if you would have any idea where to get some (besides the BOS).
Cheers
There are little to no other ways to get past papers other than through people here. (The reason why me and the other members of bos have so many papers was because we did a little trading scheme kind of thing back then, and we ended up totaling about 25+ papers. I don't think that people other than the people in this scheme would have too many papers).

I'll upload more papers when the time comes.

Last edited:

Troller

Lol
HSC
Did you have any Methods to practice for Multiple choice and short answer or did you just do past papers?

Examine

same
HSC
Did you have any Methods to practice for Multiple choice and short answer or did you just do past papers?
Past papers generally for MC. Short answers weren't too bad since you can make some questions up by yourself.

Troller

Lol
HSC
Are there textbooks just for questions like Success one for maths?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)