General discussion of PDHPE (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
After being on the Bored of Studies site for a moderately long time, it has come to my attention that PDHPE has been silent throughout most of the year except during times such as the HSC trials and the HSC exam. In an attempt to stimulate activity within this forum, I want to make threads to engage with PDHPE students and to essentially make this section a more active part of the forum. This is why I have established this thread.

In this thread, anything related to PDHPE can be discussed here - from opinions of the course to asking for help for extended responses. I am willing to offer my resources to any willing student who private messages me and I am more than happy to provide assistance for those who require help with things such as assignments, how to answer a question effectively and such. Just post away and I'll try my best to provide a top-notch answer.

With that being said, I wish the best of luck for PDHPE'ers of 2013 and onwards and I am proud to say that I am here for support. Please feel free to approach me for help at any time.

I'll kick this thread off:

What mark are you aiming for PDHPE and how have you gone so far in terms of marks for recent HSC assessments?

Last edited:

enak101

HSC
I'm aiming for a band 6 in PDHPE since I find the content fairly easy and I plan to study a lot :D

We have had one assignment so far which was basically this
I thought I went fairly well, 3000 words in total. I'm expecting first or second, didn't put heaps of effort in I guess :p

I'm not sure how the girl who is my main threat did, I think fairly well, so I could get second but who knows.

Thanks for making this thread :D

Aysce

HSC
Thanks for contributing to the thread enak :)

What was the assignment exactly? Don't worry about the girl, I'm sure you'll do fine and beat her!

And why not heaps of effort?

2xL

HSC
95 ;) - On track ! :p We'll see very soon, how about you answer the question Aysce! State rank for you?

Aysce

HSC
95 ;) - On track ! :p We'll see very soon, how about you answer the question Aysce! State rank for you?
LOL 2xL, mate don't joke around like that!

You'll state rank brah and get that 99.95 ;) but I'm also hoping for 95 and I don't want to say anything to jynx it haha. Best of luck.

2xL

HSC
What is this misconception that I'll get 99.95? I don't even do 4u..and look at how much I hate english Lol. You too, good luck :D

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Definitely a great idea, PDHPE is always left in the background.

Definitely aiming for Band 6! As I feel I can confidently achieve that from what I've seen with the current work I've done with my teacher in regards to HSC questions.

Aysce

HSC
In regards to your PM Caffeine, my resources and many others are still up. I will send them to you :)

PDHPE must be revived! How are you doing so far?

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
Aysce and 2xL, how did youse go in this years exam? Expecting state ranks? What raw mark are youse lookong at?

enak101

HSC
I was actually almost going to post what it was about and thought no one would care.

3 parts

A- 500 words each on CVD, Cancer and another high priority area such as diabetes (I did this one)
B- Talking about how health promotion initiatives relate to action areas of the ottawa charter and what they are trying to achieve
C- One strategy for NSW government and one for Federal government employed to encourage individuals to actively participate in decisions about their own health

It totalled 3000 words and went pretty fast.

I guess I did put in a fair amount of effort, it was just the regular amount, I could have done more but its pretty good. :D

enak101

HSC
Where is everyone up to at the moment in their work? We have finished core 1 in time for the end of term and I am going to go ahead in the holidays, make notes and maybe look at past paper questions I can do, who knows? Core 1 was health priorities in Australia or whatever.

2xL

HSC
Aysce and 2xL, how did youse go in this years exam? Expecting state ranks? What raw mark are youse lookong at?
Not expecting a state rank. Think I did well though, enough for ~90 raw? assuming i didn't totally misinterpret a question.

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
Ahh nice,u never know then u might rank... do u know by any chance what approx raw mark is required for a state rank and b6 cutoff for pe? No one. seems to have any info on here bout pe lol...

Bryce Kefford

HSC
I came 1st for preliminary, hoping to maintain my rank despite some close competition. Aim: 95+

Aysce

HSC
I think I went relatively well but nah, I'm not expecting state ranks. Hopefully 90+ *Fingers crossed*

I was actually almost going to post what it was about and thought no one would care.

3 parts

A- 500 words each on CVD, Cancer and another high priority area such as diabetes (I did this one)
B- Talking about how health promotion initiatives relate to action areas of the ottawa charter and what they are trying to achieve
C- One strategy for NSW government and one for Federal government employed to encourage individuals to actively participate in decisions about their own health

It totalled 3000 words and went pretty fast.

I guess I did put in a fair amount of effort, it was just the regular amount, I could have done more but its pretty good. :D
Good job bro, good luck! Core 1 is so boring and I'm planning to open up a thread with the most updated statistics and epidemiological data so stay tuned!

Not expecting a state rank. Think I did well though, enough for ~90 raw? assuming i didn't totally misinterpret a question.
Let's hope so man, let's hope so.

Aysce

HSC
Ahh nice,u never know then u might rank... do u know by any chance what approx raw mark is required for a state rank and b6 cutoff for pe? No one. seems to have any info on here bout pe lol...
For state rank, I would think 95+/100 but I could be, and am most likely off. B6 cutoff varies with each year's HSC exam based on difficulty, but I'd say generally low 80s? Anyone agree?

fishrushed

HSC
Hi everyone,
I wanna aim to get a high band 6 mark in PE :D
so far... things aren't looking the best. Got a low band 5 in school assessment :(

For state rank, I would think 95+/100 but I could be, and am most likely off. B6 cutoff varies with each year's HSC exam based on difficulty, but I'd say generally low 80s? Anyone agree?
really? I'd thought it would be higher for the band 6 cut off. guess I'm wrong then.
In regards to your PM Caffeine, my resources and many others are still up. I will send them to you :)
and Asyce, can you also send me the resources too? I'd really appreciate it :D thank you

Aysce

HSC
My resources are mainly notes, I don't have many exams on me but I'll find a way. I'll pm them to you by the end of tomorrow :)

enak101

HSC
The idea for newer statistics sounds great, could be a great edge in extended answer questions. I'm looking forward to the PDHPE forum taking off :D

Aysce

HSC
The idea for newer statistics sounds great, could be a great edge in extended answer questions. I'm looking forward to the PDHPE forum taking off :D
I understand that Core 1 is a pain so I think taking this action will really make the lives of PDHPE'ers easier.

So far, what I'm planning to do is open a thread for:
- Updated statistics
- Current action plans and statuses
- Improvements in statistics

I'll try my best though.

Here's to hoping to see the PDHPE forum rise! I'll need lots of support from you guys.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)