General Engo Talk. (1 Viewer)

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Hello to anyone who happened to glance at this thread.

I am just informing you that, while the three who have so far participated in this thread seem like incoherent morons, not all UNSW engineering students show such ineptitude in constructing legible sentences.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Curry said:

I am just informing you that, while the three who have so far participated in this thread seem like incoherent morons, not all UNSW engineering students show such ineptitude in constructing legible sentences.
fuckign ROFL.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Curry said:

We're better than the stereotypical engineer. (i.e. unsocial, awkward)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Forbidden. said:
I'm reading Joe's lecture notes again and I don't understand it fully because his notes are a maths mess.
I have a 2 week break between the maths test and the physics and my materials exams.

Physics got me so angry, I hate it, there are so many contradictions. what works for one thing doesnt work for another.
The "Rate of something happening".. you integrate it? WHAT THE HELL?

It just doesnt work. and to be quite honest its so advanced, are they trying to make it as difficult as possible?
The explanations of concepts is very poor which makes it very difficult to understand whats going on.

It makes me angry cause for every other subject when i put in hard work i get awesome marks, but when i try studying for physics, its like ...? even when i put a lot of work in.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Omium said:
We're better than the stereotypical engineer. (i.e. unsocial, awkward)
Makes sense. The ability to type a legible sentence is a sign of being unsocial and awkward.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Omium said:
I have a 2 week break between the maths test and the physics and my materials exams.

Physics got me so angry, I hate it, there are so many contradictions. what works for one thing doesnt work for another.
The "Rate of something happening".. you integrate it? WHAT THE HELL?

It just doesnt work. and to be quite honest its so advanced, are they trying to make it as difficult as possible?
The explanations of concepts is very poor which makes it very difficult to understand whats going on.

It makes me angry cause for every other subject when i put in hard work i get awesome marks, but when i try studying for physics, its like ...? even when i put a lot of work in.
I just believe most of what he says but that isn't the right way LOL.
He released those notes after the midsession and stated just because we purchase the textbook doesn't mean we learn the whole course, damn.
But I hate researching. >=\

EDIT: The torque is the result of a dot product eh? Or is it just a scalar multiple?

Curry said:
Makes sense. The ability to type a legible sentence is a sign of being unsocial and awkward.
So you've returned.
This is your problem not ours.
I can express myself in anyway I want there is no set standard or format of written communication here, this is casual talk.

Last edited:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Forbidden. said:
So you've returned.
This is your problem not ours.
I can express myself in anyway I want there is no set standard or format of written communication here, this is casual talk.
Of course it's my problem. You people coming into this board and acting like retards annoy me. Unfortunately, these boards seem to now be unmoderated, and you spamming every thread is annoying as all fuck.

Still, I have the right to call you retards, just like you have the right to behave like retards.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Curry said:
Of course it's my problem. You people coming into this board and acting like retards annoy me. Unfortunately, these boards seem to now be unmoderated, and you spamming every thread is annoying as all fuck.

Still, I have the right to call you retards, just like you have the right to behave like retards.
This is the Bored Of Studies Community and it is going down in ruins, deal with it.
Abuse, anger and hatred is prevalent, from your posts so far you are promoting it.

As for my numerous posts, quoting the rules from the 'Regsiter' link:
Although the administrators and moderators of Bored of Studies will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages.
I also have the right to suggest that you piss off because you're another individual who takes threads in another direction.

SO I CAN HAZ LAFF AT UR SELF-INDUCED IRRITATION LULZ.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Curry said:

If you dont like the threads we post in, Don't click on them and read them.
Simple as that.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
That's hard when you two post in nearly every thread in the UNSW section, and spread your idiocy.

Also, I appreciate the fact that you chose to type legibly when replying to me. I just don't understand why you can't always type like you do in the past few replies. It's not hard. But reading some of your posts make my head hurt.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Forbidden. said:
hey omium you started doing past papers yet for physics?
Ive "started" them, but doing them made me angry so ive stopped.
The Waves questions are impossible.

How about you?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Omium said:
Ive "started" them, but doing them made me angry so ive stopped.
The Waves questions are impossible.

How about you?
i knew waves were gonna be a bugger.
i havent started any yet :).
will start tonight and continue tomorrow till test 2 and test 1R begins.

HSC
Curry has a point, this thread reads like the msn chat log of a couple of school kids on a sugar high. you don't need to put a lawlz or a rofl or lol or anything else at the end of your post except a full stop.

also it would be good if you actually said something semi-intelligent in your posts, but we'll take one step at a time.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
Forbidden. said:
i knew waves were gonna be a bugger.
i havent started any yet :).
will start tonight and continue tomorrow till test 2 and test 1R begins.
we didn't do waves until physics 1b last year, anyway...

the most important thing to understand is the interference between 2 waves.

basically what you do is look at the path length difference between 2 waves, then work out the number of wavelengths that path length difference is equivalent to, then you can work out a phase difference (simply by multiplying by 2pi)

From the phase difference you can work out whether the interference is going to be constructive or destructive.

It is also useful to know how to go the other way - ie how to go from a phase difference to a path length difference between 2 waves.

Once you can do this, you should be able to solve most of the questions relating to light waves such as those on twin slit interference, single slit diffraction, newton's rings and thin film interference as well as some sound/mechanical waves questions.

obviously you still need to learn other stuff, but this is the most important thing to understand imo.

if you are stuck on any questions feel free to post them up.

good luck for your exams!

ace

is retired
HSC
ianc said:

basically what you do is look at the path length difference between 2 waves, then work out the number of wavelengths that path length difference is equivalent to, then you can work out a phase difference (simply by multiplying by 2pi)

From the phase difference you can work out whether the interference is going to be constructive or destructive.

It is also useful to know how to go the other way - ie how to go from a phase difference to a path length difference between 2 waves.

Once you can do this, you should be able to solve most of the questions relating to light waves such as those on twin slit interference, single slit diffraction, newton's rings and thin film interference as well as some sound/mechanical waves questions.

obviously you still need to learn other stuff, but this is the most important thing to understand imo.

I could of sworn I did this shit in highschool, has the physics syllabus in school derailed that much, DAMN. Good luck anyways.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
ianc said:

Hm, What you said made things a little clearer for me. I didnt know thats what we needed to know.

I did SOME textbook questions about single waves only.

Maybe thats why im lost :S.

Thanks

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
almost done now said:
Curry has a point, this thread reads like the msn chat log of a couple of school kids on a sugar high. you don't need to put a lawlz or a rofl or lol or anything else at the end of your post except a full stop.

also it would be good if you actually said something semi-intelligent in your posts, but we'll take one step at a time.
kk thanks i have young high school friends too that influence my behaviour. :)

ianc said:

What annoys me the most is the harmonic modes and trying to determine which is an antinode or a node when a pipe is cut up or holes are made in the flute or pipe or whatever acoustic instrument there may be.

This is our current syllabus I posted up.
http://forbidden252.googlepages.com/phys1121syllabus

EDIT:

LOL I got this email with subject 'Notetaking Employment Opportuunity in MATS1101 ':

Dear Student
The Student Equity and Disabilities Unit (SEADU) is currently seeking to employ a notetaker in this class to take notes for a student with a disability.
As a notetaker, you will be required to take and submit your lecture notes to the SEADU on a weekly basis.
Notes must be submitted via e-mail and you will be expected to revise and type up your lecture notes before submitting them to SEADU.
This is a paid position and you will be paid at an hourly rate of 22.87 for each hour you attend lectures and take and submit notes.
If you would like to apply, please visit our website and complete the Undergraduate Notetakers Expression of Interest Form by Friday 20 June.
Please Note- Only the first 5 applications received will be considered for the position.

CRICOS Provider Code 00098G

Last edited:

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Just realised im fucked for the final.
I need about 40% in test 2.
I dont know if ill do 1R.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)