General maths..how did you go???good or bad?? (1 Viewer)

ccc123

HSC
mhay1306 said:
ohh my, im still confused about the "ignoring time zones"
i really want to know what is the right answer is it 7am wed. or 12 pm wed??
Ignoring times zones:

For example, say Place A has the co-ordinate 150 degrees E and Place B has the co-ordinate 155 degrees E. In mathematical terms, Place A is GMT + 10 and Place B is GMT + 10.3. Therefore, there is a difference in their times.

However, if you take into account time zones, it is likely that because tehy are so close together, they would be in the same time zone and therefore have the same time. The paper asked us to ignore this possibility Make sense?.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

coins

HSC
i got B. for that one (22 of the multiple choice), but I'am not 100% sure about it.

coins

HSC
Another thought guys, if anyone is not to busy could they do a quick run through question 28, this was really the only question that startled me, so if you have the time can you post some calculations.

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
Just a question...

Would it help going over answers now...?

Isn't anyone just happy that MATHHHSSSS is over for eternity?!

michael1990

HSC
NEVAGIVEUP said:
Just a question...

Would it help going over answers now...?

Isn't anyone just happy that MATHHHSSSS is over for eternity?!
Dude, how did you go?
I thought it was hard personally.

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
michael1990 said:
Dude, how did you go?
I thought it was hard personally.
Oh thank God...well not that it's good news...But i found it difficult as well:mad:

I'm freaking outtt!! How was the Simpson rule question? :p

Last edited:

xJennax

HSC
I'm glad there wasn't too much algebra (in my internals there's always been heaps of it). I realised I stuffed up the bmi question though. I got outside and my friends were talking about the weight and I realised I misread it and put the minimum BMI instead ahaha. Oh and the Jane homeloan one I'm pretty sure I stuffed up.

michael1990

HSC
NEVAGIVEUP said:
Oh thank God...well not that it's good news...But i found it difficult as well:mad:

I'm freaking outtt!! How was the Simpson rule question? :p
Yeah smashed it.
Except i didn't say it decreases by 8 cause i thought i got it wrong, but after the answers were posted up. I was like thank bloody god.

The annuities question screwed me over for about 10 minutes. Then i left it and came back and proved it. Feeling a little better now, my Maths teacher is going to do the exam tonight. He looked at it and said it was hard but 2001 was harder. I said no WAY!

What other question got you?

UNZPME

HSC
mhay1306 said:
i love the MC, im soo glad maths was over now sigh*

btw how did you go with the Q25 c) the pieces of cheese (4marks)
hate this question :mad:

you had to use the consine rule wen the bottom is taken off

UNZPME

HSC
the Genral Math Exam was a challenge you can say that...i expected it 2 be like that but oh well hope i get in the 80's

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
michael1990 said:
Yeah smashed it.
Except i didn't say it decreases by 8 cause i thought i got it wrong, but after the answers were posted up. I was like thank bloody god.

The annuities question screwed me over for about 10 minutes. Then i left it and came back and proved it. Feeling a little better now, my Maths teacher is going to do the exam tonight. He looked at it and said it was hard but 2001 was harder. I said no WAY!

What other question got you?
I figured out the Simpson question in the seconds before pens down and scribbled the whole answer in one minute. The cheese question stumped me:confused: ...honestly couldn't care how many cheese packet would fit in a rectangle box but hell those useless math people at board of studies seem to place signficance into it. Oh and the home loan question:confused:

michael1990

HSC
NEVAGIVEUP said:
I figured out the Simpson question in the seconds before pens down and scribbled the whole answer in one minute. The cheese question stumped me:confused: ...honestly couldn't care how many cheese packet would fit in a rectangle box but hell those useless math people at board of studies seem to place signficance into it. Oh and the home loan question:confused:
Same. But after reading the results posted, i am feeling better than what i was lol.
Except i made silly mistakes in MC

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
michael1990 said:
Same. But after reading the results posted, i am feeling better than what i was lol.
Except i made silly mistakes in MC
I hope you do well; but it didn't really help me at all, so i just want to forget and celebrate the fact that no more maths for life!!!

michael1990

HSC
NEVAGIVEUP said:
I hope you do well; but it didn't really help me at all, so i just want to forget and celebrate the fact that no more maths for life!!!
Same. I hope everyone who thinks they did badly go well and everyone who thinks they did great to go bad LOL

ASNSWR127

HSC
I don't think it was toooo bad

maybe a little more study would have helped? I dunno...

But I am fairly confident I got the 70 I wanted :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)