General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

ywontuend

HSC
trots24680 said:
P and H- was ok
Hatshepsut- Had nothing on foreign policy
Mycenaean- Stupid Questions
New Kingdom Egypt- Questions were too specific

Overall...there goes my UAI. Come on early entry!!!!!

Herculaneum Street Scape???? The whole test was really hard. Thank fuk for bullshitting.

Did anyone else think the questions were too specific for the amount you had to write?
COMPLETLEY AGREE!!

wat was it with those specific questions?

lyk new kingdom egypt was about one bloody battle...LYK come on!!

gw0ng

HSC
sections 1 and 2 were fuck easy,

though section 4 was a bitch for new kingdom egypt until the death of thut IV..

fuck lol

meh i'm finished.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
overall a hell of a lot better than i expected! i'm happy :) although 50 marks on akhenaten was a bit crazy lol.
and yeh, about a quarter at my school left early. one girl left at 1.5 hour mark...like really?! that's what 2 years of ancient is worth to ya?

ashkaaa

HSC
Pretty good test. Not great but good.

My time management was retarted though. Thats a first in Ancient History for me...

P&H was fairly easy... When I first read Amphitheatre, I was like WTF? bt that ended up being a really good question, for me personally. Its the last one there that I might lose a few marks on. Ohh... and streetscapes was fucking easy, what are you guys talking about?

Minoan Crete was mostly easy, but I couldn't stop writing for it and it screwed me over for the essays time wise. The resources question kept me thinking hard over which ones would be marked correct. lol

Hatshepsut was the worst here... It was a bitch. I only go 6 pages all together for it, so hopefully I can get around 19/20 or maybe even 20+, but I doubt it for that section. Not that the questions we're too out there... just that Hatshepsut didn't have much a of a foreign policy (well not as big as one would think for a 15 marker, unless you want to spend ages on Punt Expedition and building shit in the adjacent countries, and her civil administrators like the Viceroy of Kush... Thutmose III did most of the military foreign policy shit)

As for New Kingdom Egypt I'm happy that it was Significance fo building strategies... theres a lot to write there, and I cut out a bit of some of the projects... but its an easy assess question, so that made me happy.

Overall it was pretty good. I've fucked up all my other exams, so I'm kinda hoping for high 80s for this test (just to ensure the 80+ uai, considering the markers aren't mean bastids.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
pretty much winged the whole exam but i should get 23+ for each section, though maybe not for xerxes.

straight forward questions, p&h was pretty easy too. coo'

gw0ng

HSC
mynamewastaken said:
Originally Posted by trots24680
P and H- was ok
Hatshepsut- Had nothing on foreign policy
Mycenaean- Stupid Questions
New Kingdom Egypt- Questions were too specific

Overall...there goes my UAI. Come on early entry!!!!!

Herculaneum Street Scape???? The whole test was really hard. Thank fuk for bullshitting.

Did anyone else think the questions were too specific for the amount you had to write?
man that herculaneum streetscape was shit easy.

all you needed to do was mention the main streets, Decumanus Maximus and Decumanus Inferior, the fact that streets were sunken below footpath level for drainage and to allow pedestrian traffic to pass alongside the street, the fact that shopfronts, houses and workshops opened into the street allowing easy access into those public + private buildings.. oh and the fact that streets were made of tessellated flat stones tightly packed together.

MadamGuilia

HSC
I'm actually feeling a little too tired to say much more than it was quite dandy... wrote substantially, and hope I get some greater marks than my trial as I had hardly any time to study for the ancient history trial. Just hoping for the best and that's all. I did my best.. forgot some things along the way but what can ya do!

MadamGuilia

HSC
gw0ng said:
man that herculaneum streetscape was shit easy.

all you needed to do was mention the main streets, Decumanus Maximus and Decumanus Inferior, the fact that streets were sunken below footpath level for drainage and to allow pedestrian traffic to pass alongside the street, the fact that shopfronts, houses and workshops opened into the street allowing easy access into those public + private buildings.. oh and the fact that streets were made of tessellated flat stones tightly packed together.
That's "all you needed to do" HA! I don't even remember Decumanus Maximus and Decumanus Inferior... :|

I couldn't word myself about the fact the streets were "sunken".. I wrote about the guttering haha. Dang.. I did talk about sewage, but I should have said something about drainage. What can ya do! Fuck. haha

bogdanovs

HSC
Yea was a good test.

Thought 8 marks on ampitheatre was bit extreme though. What more can you say other then large numbers of people attended, it allowed prominent citizens to boost their image and the fact that it was free reduced public disatisfaction and chance of public violence.

Hoping for 22/23 average for each section.

gw0ng

HSC
MadamGuilia said:
That's "all you needed to do" HA! I don't even remember Decumanus Maximus and Decumanus Inferior... :|

I couldn't word myself about the fact the streets were "sunken".. I wrote about the guttering haha. Dang.. I did talk about sewage, but I should have said something about drainage. What can ya do! Fuck. haha
lol i'm sure you'll do fine with that question anyway

man i bummed out on section IV! ==

HSC
streetscapes are only easy if u studied them!!!
i didnt remember the names of main streets =[
and i dont think i wrote anything u said i shoulda...
i wrote something about them being two story, in a grid pattern, hellenistic style, mixture on ionic and donic architecture. although im pretty sure its not donic...
i went and told my teacher about the questions and he thought the question on the ampitheatre was too specific for an 8 mark too.
suckkkkyyyyy.
and the periods q for nke from amenhotep iii to death of ramesses ii was too specfic too. 25 marks for battle of kadesh? i dont think so.

it seems a lot of ppl did sparta. i think i bombed out on the lycurgus part...by what some of u are writing...all i did was say some examples of the reforms, and that we know all the info from plutarch, then i refered to the source and said that bcoz of the reforms sparta is what it is. oh and i wrote that he was probably a primitive local god although we dont know if he was real of not.

gw0ng

HSC
-vicki.VICIOUS- said:
streetscapes are only easy if u studied them!!!
i didnt remember the names of main streets =[
and i dont think i wrote anything u said i shoulda...
i wrote something about them being two story, in a grid pattern, hellenistic style, mixture on ionic and donic architecture. although im pretty sure its not donic...
i went and told my teacher about the questions and he thought the question on the ampitheatre was too specific for an 8 mark too.
suckkkkyyyyy.
and the periods q for nke from amenhotep iii to death of ramesses ii was too specfic too. 25 marks for battle of kadesh? i dont think so.

it seems a lot of ppl did sparta. i think i bombed out on the lycurgus part...by what some of u are writing...all i did was say some examples of the reforms, and that we know all the info from plutarch, then i refered to the source and said that bcoz of the reforms sparta is what it is. oh and i wrote that he was probably a primitive local god although we dont know if he was real of not.
but why did you write about the architecture? i thought the question was directly asking about the streets themselves and their features?

btw, are you sure herculaneum had a grid-like structure? its only because i remember reading something about pompeii and not herculaneum having a planned, grid-like system of streets..

yoyotommo

HSC
yea its only pompeii that had the grid pattern, herculaneum may have but they have not excavated enough of it yet to know....... but lol i forgot to talk about the grid patterns n e way so meh.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
pretty easy all up.

i mean P and H was nice
My society sparta was easyyyyyyyyyy
Hannibal like i mean lol i just laughed when i saw it
Greek World 500-440bc persian war uestion not to hard since i studied sparta as my society

yoyotommo

HSC
yea i wrote it was political, cos like the dude in the source constructed it out of his own money, which may have been to get him into the town council, then i just used an example of somneone hu did the same thing to get into the town council.

bogdanovs

HSC
gw0ng said:
but why did you write about the architecture? i thought the question was directly asking about the streets themselves and their features?

btw, are you sure herculaneum had a grid-like structure? its only because i remember reading something about pompeii and not herculaneum having a planned, grid-like system of streets..

Nice work. Saying the above is really going to make him feel better? Keep talking moron...

gw0ng

HSC
bogdanovs said:
Nice work. Saying the above is really going to make him feel better? Keep talking moron...
Let's see here.

Problems with your statement:

1) The person whom I quoted, "-vicki.VICIOUS-" wasn't looking for sympathy in her post. Therefore, my response is perfectly justified.

2) "
-vicki.VICIOUS-" is actually a FEMALE and NOT a MALE.

3) You said it.

chriskoss

HSC
I thought the exam was quiet generous actually.

But I didn't know shit about the amphitheatre significance

I just said plays, entertainment, politics

Did I miss anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)