General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

csalvo

HSC
I can't get over how convenient the New Kigdom Egypt question was. Akhenaten, which I did for a personality, was basically like repeating what I said in the other two sections for a third time.

Melikins

HSC
Izzay said:
at my school, by the time the 3 hrs was up.. there were 3 other people left i think
out of 41 ancient history students, there were only 10 of us that lasted the whole way!

csalvo

HSC
Do you think I'll lose marks for mentioning that plays (comedies, farces, tragedies) occurred in the amphitheatre? I got so confused between the amphitheatre and the THEATRE, so I said it seated 5000 (whereas it actually seated 20 000)

Anyway, guh.

Widyan

HSC
Omg i thought that exam was very good easier than expected i think the questions were straight forward and fair and omg greece question was easy thank god lol laura ur funny omg almost over nly extension history and drama to go wooottt paties here i come baby :)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
csalvo said:
I can't get over how convenient the New Kigdom Egypt question was. Akhenaten, which I did for a personality, was basically like repeating what I said in the other two sections for a third time.
haha sammme. i was like are you serious? akhenaten in the historical period too? thanks bos! :)

jayzon

HSC
yer it wasn't too hard. Dosent seem like many people study persia here :/

llal

HSC
so glad its over....
Pompeii alright
sparta alright
Xerxes could have been better
greek world 500-440BC... well we will have to see
overall...okay

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
llal said:
so glad its over....
Pompeii alright
sparta alright
Xerxes could have been better
greek world 500-440BC... well we will have to see
overall...okay
my thoughts exactly!

extension on mon!
too hot to think now

Plague

HSC
it was so generic, except for the ramses personality questions which were just retarded. not really that hard but bizarre

velzee

In silence let him lie.
HSC
Exam was excellent, yerh ph were very specific and that 8 marker shouldnt have been there.

For societies i did the Greek World 550 -440 BC. Overall it was preety good, but if they chucked in a role of women q, that wud of been good. The last q was piss easy but why was it 12 marks? Just talked about the thee main festivals. Didnt have a lot of sources to back me up though, opps.

For Personalities i did Pericles, Nice questions....
MAn but for the las t question on Historical Periods I coudnt have asked for anyhting better. Thankgod I memorised everythin on Delian League, hehee hello 25 marks yay

Funny thing out of us 13 only two of us finished until the end. Bit of a let down seeing people leave after the first hour =(

jessiem19

HSC
yer i did the same for the last question in pompei and herculaneum...sorta just discussed how new technologies and methods of excavation allow us to understand and hence reconstruct but not sure if thats the right thing. sparta was great, argippina was good and i likes the julio-claudians too which is nice

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
building program for new kingdom egypt - \o/ building programs were my speciality! i'm so glad they were in there.

foreign policy was done in nke last year, so it wasn't a surprise to see it in hatshepsut this year; her relationship with amun almost got me, but thankfully we'd had a study day on that very subject.

sparta was brilliant - natural resources (lol! soil and water!), helots, women and lycurgus! we must have spent like three lessons on the lycurgan reforms! awesome.

and pompeii and herculaneum, well; it wasn't a surprise here that they're getting specific. we predicted streetscapes; restoration is such a broad term that you could define it however you wanted and away you went, and the amphitheatre is such a focal point of roman society that it was easy to fill up the entire page.

aaaaaaand that's enough of me bragging about how every single exam i had seemed to go my way. THANK YOU BOS.

jennieTalia

HSC
P&H I liked :) except I wasn't keen on the last question... too much to write about it.

Hatshep- wtf, foreign policy!! And they asked that only like 2 years ago -.-. But it was okay, rambled on about punt, how she was internal rather than expanisionist etc, bit about thutty.

Juli-Clauds- chose PG, was alright... but not much to write on it :S Filled up a book and a half or something tho

NK Egypt- WTF WAS WITH THE TEMPLE QUESTION but all the others seemed to go alright, except i was rambling a lot about expansion

Overall... for some reason I feel like I went well. But normally when I say that it comes back dodgy...

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
overall a hell of a lot better than i expected! i'm happy :) although 50 marks on akhenaten was a bit crazy lol.
and yeh, about a quarter at my school left early. one girl left at 1.5 hour mark...like really?! that's what 2 years of ancient is worth to ya?
A quarter of us - Are you serious??

I must have been more absorbed in that test than I thought lol...

lollypoplady

HSC
bobet said:
I thoroughly agree.

Pompeii and Her was good. Although I'm still a little iffy on the last question. I combined methods of preservation & technology used to re-create the past as well as anaylsisng etc. Anyone else on the same boat??
Yeh i did the same thing... mentioned Pont and Ellis then mentioned Herculaneum Conservation Project aswell and how conservation is inextricably linked to reconstructing the past i.e. continued research etc. Something along those lines....

Pretty easy on the whole, a couple of challenging bits in each section if u looked closely e.g. "Evaluate" and "Compare" but meh! Hoping for band 6 baby!

ANCIENT IS OVER MCROVER!!

danniface.

HSC
I'm not devastated about my outcome, but I know I could have done a lot better.

It wasn't hard, it was just....well, it's ancient history.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Patar said:
A quarter of us - Are you serious??

I must have been more absorbed in that test than I thought lol...
eh maybe i exaggerated. i noticed um about 6 people? so out of 38...16%. whatever. more than i expected!

stillwaters

HSC
wow... the exam was surprisingly alright... i was kinda bracing myself for one that would be evil but it turned out alright :p i kinda bluffed the pompeii section thought especially the last question... >< ah well no more history for me :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)