General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of the exam here.
Please put specific thoughts/discussion of each section in the respective threads.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
ANCIENT HISTORY FML. Screwed up the the essay in section IV. I was doomed for cramming a year's worth of work into 1 week and only studying the syllabus notes and not doing past Qs as practice. flmflmflmflmflmflmflmflm

lis3192

HSC
What the hell was with Sectiion 4?!!! It was an alrite test except for that PART!!! Totally bs the whole essay :( BOS is really missing with us this year! >=(

Thecorey0

HSC
I didn't like the paper that much. Pompeii and Herculaneum sucked. New kingdom egypt sucked. Hatshepsut half-sucked. Punic wars was awesome.

3usch

HSC
pompeii was relatively straight forward...essay questions were pretty weird, i noticed some essays looked easier for other sections

Vespers

HSC
It wasn't the best but I was expecting sooo much worse. At this rate, I could pull a band six! :) Thank god for Themistocles.

HailSatan

HSC
Pompeii and Herculaneum was by far the worst part. I hate that shit, and they gave questions on the parts I studied least for.

Sparta was ok... Except for the economy question. I for some reason completely ignored the economy in my study.

Agrippina the Younger was ok, but it was damn hard to write alot for the second part.

The Persian Wars question was perfect for me, I studied Themistocles alot. Wewt.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
Pompeii & Herculaneum RAPED me. Question one was like shit, knew I shoulda looked at the layout of houses, so 0 there.. Industries I was like WTF is a Fullery? So I guessed where they baked bread.. Then it occurred to me that they would do that at a bakery.. So then I guessed it was where they made clothes.. I was nearly there.

Periclean Athens FTW! IT WAS THE ONLY ASPECT OF ATHENS I KNEW!!

Ramesses II- Again, it was the aspects of his life that I knew best

NK Egypt Amenhotep - Ramesses II- Yeah, I could not believe it when I saw this. PERFECT! Knew how to answer it straight away.

It was nearly perfect for me. I could not believe it. Nothing ever lucky happens to me! :)

Venom.

HSC
It was pretty damn good as a test. Don't know about the essay questions, seemed pretty straightforward to me.

elliegrace

HSC
yeh i though core was okay, i thought the industries one was pretty ordinary and they are far better things they could have asked. the quote for the tourism was crap i was totally expecting ethics but tourism was ok..
Sparta was pretty good
Agrippina was so awesome, best questions!
Julio-claudians was really good to having it on a sole emperor is great!!

Rachygurl

HSC
pomp and herc was alrite, still sucked tho!! i didnt study much for tha things they asked!!! sparta...... a 12 mark question on kings!!!!!! that screwed me, and tha economy one. caesar was aswesom!! wrote ova a full booklet for both. fall of rome was alrite, bit general tho for wat i studied.. but it wasnt too bad, i was hopin for better tho!

lynton

HSC
What the hell was with NKE to death of TIV- those essay questions were the pits. The Nubia section i could write an answer in 2 lines- it offered no discussion or insight. The Officials question was aliright if i had time to finish was i was trying to say!!!

BeRad

HSC
i loved it. i thought it was such a good exam.
the tourism thing got me alittle bit but i pulled through.
sparta was good.
hatshepsut was easy.
greece 800-500bc was easy.
epic win!

CaitlinAngel714

HSC
I thought it was pretty good better then I thought at least. Pompeii and Minoans was alot better than I thought. Hatshepsut was alright 10 marks on Dier el Bahri was a little iffy. New Kindom Egypt was not my favourite but i wrote 11 pages so it should turn out alrighthopefully there is a band 6 in there

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
sparta was good.
hatshepsut was easy.
epic win!
This, but with different areas of study :) I thought it was great, my section four question was great as well. Overall, very happy that hard worked payed off!

TeganCasey

HSC
Ancient Exam...
Pompeii and Herculaneum was by far the worst part... I had NO IDEA what a fullery was.. and my mum made the comment that it's not directly in the syllabus so how can they expect us to know what it is?

Old Kingdom Egypt was fine...
Julius Caesar was fine...
Fall of the Roman Republic (78-31BC) was fine too..

:D

kaytee91

HSC
Pomp and Herc- alright, tourism was a bit of a bitchMinoans- epic winGreekworld 500-440 - not as bad as i thoughtXerxes- was easy, but still managed to eff it up

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
sparta was good.
hatshepsut was easy.
epic win!
It'll teach me for not studying enough for Peisistratus like you told me to.
Band 6 for you : ) I'm sure of it.

I liked the exam. Pompeii and Herculaneum was great (minus the question about tourism. I just wrote everything and anything I could think of for that and filled up all the lines). Sparta = awesome. Hatshepsut, 10 mark was great, 15 mark stumped me for a little bit but I just wrote everything about how great she was and stuff. Greece 800-500BC was fine. Solon question, but had to talk about Peisistratus too. Wrote loads about Solon and was a really good essay but coudn't remember enough about Peisistratus so I wrote everthing about the tyranny I could think of.
Overall, pretty decent exam.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)